[GUIDE] A guide to Solo'ing Mid, Who should do it and why...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Riot aBhorsen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

eSports Coordinator

EasymodeX

03-19-2010

The analysis is not comprehensive and Twitch happens to be rather weak for solo mid.

Riot aBhorsen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

eSports Coordinator

03-19-2010

What is missing and i'll add that.

As the guide says if you read it, Twitch is indeed weak for mid but benefits greatly from being mid. Which is why i suggested only allow Twitch to take mid if you can guarantee they are skilled players.

Please read the guide before you flame it.

Tell me whats missing however and i'll discuss it and add if necessary.

EasymodeX

03-19-2010

Quote:
What is missing and i'll add that.
There's no analysis of the champions' capability to harass or be harassed at level 1-5. This is very champ-specific. The guide only discusses the very high level things like their "range" and their "durability".

On the flip side, you have health regen wars where Tristana shines for example.

Also, the list of objectives for solomid is not complete:

1. Farm gold for your gold-needy champ (covered).
2. Fast XP for an ult-centric champ (covered).
3. Keeping down their carry (barely touched on).

Harassing the opponent is not all that mid is about. There is also the ability to evade a gank (which is not really what durability is about). There is also the strategic option to keep their mid contained.

For example, if the enemy team is very sustained-fight heavy (like Nasus' ult for example), and the only burst pew pew ult they have is Annie mid, then if you solomid with someone that can keep her down hardcore (Mordekaiser), then you have contained their entire team -- they cannot effectively gank and make use of their solomid.

Even if you have a champ that "needs level 6 more", Mord would be a better choice, because he counters the enemy team's capabilities at level 6 better than your gank champ.

Also the champions listed are simply champs with no reference to starting item builds.

For example, there is an order of magnitude difference in solomid capability of a Katarina, and a red potion Katarina. She's easily twice as dangerous and can destroy quite a variety of champs -- particularly those with strong harass but low self-heal. Same with Shaco.

Also, Jax is quite a solid solo mid if he plays aggressively.

Quote:
As the guide says if you read it, Twitch is indeed weak for mid but benefits greatly from being mid.
Twitch does not "benefit greatly" from being mid. Twitch is an item-dependent champ that scales with heavy items. He doesn't have a great level of power with mid tier items. His ult is /shrug at level 6. It scales well with gear ... and is conversely weak**** without it.

He benefits as much from getting his ult as he would from picking up a red buff -- actually, a lizard buff level 5 Twitch would be more dangerous than a level 6 Twitch.

If you have a Twitch solomid, your assumption is that the enemy solo sucks ********. OR, you have an additional strategy like a Shaco gank in mid at level 1 or 1.5.

Otherwise you're throwing the game pretty badly.

Quote:
Which is why i suggested only allow Twitch to take mid if you can guarantee they are skilled players.
A heavy component of mid lane gaming is individual player skill. However, in such a guide the point is that with even skill, Twitch should GTFO out of mid before he feeds 0-5.

Quote:
Please read the guide before you flame it.
I didn't flame it. I commented on it.

NoyRave

03-19-2010

what do you think of teemo mid?

nicosharp

03-19-2010

Gragas mid.

It's funny, but no, far better champs can solo mid, please stop making me solo as gragas. /eom

Kajitii

03-19-2010

You're kinda vague on how to do the lane switching stuff. I can't say I know who is decent at soloing, with or without turret hugging, while keeping 2 enemies at bay, but it would be nice if you could say who should go help cover mid or gank mid while solomid champ goes off ganking someone.

Maybe that's outside the scope of your guide.

At any rate though, I'd have to say I've learned a few things.

Belgskuh

03-19-2010

I personally find ashe the perfect char for mid.

He can annoy the enemy nonstop so that he doesn't get much gold and maybe even kill him. And mid is perfect for hit and run which ashe is very good for.

NoyRave

03-19-2010

only thing im afraid on all of that hero you posted in mid as teemo is annie at level 6 others, nah ._.

Ergal

03-19-2010

IMHO Teemo is the best champion mid when u get vs non-caster
Blinding arrow makes most champs runa nd shrooms are really helpful vs gank