Cryo's ult - I feel that..

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Darklord

Adjudicator

08-31-2009

Her stun really isnt that strong at all in lanes as harassment, it's slow moving enough that it is VERY easy to dodge. The only problem with it (that might be fixed by now, dont know) is that it was drawing incorrectly on the screens of the non-cryo players if she fires it from fog/brush, which made it 10x easier to hit people with during lanes.

Other then that, she is behind lich in power and a little bit above annie, all 3 of them are relatively close though. Ryze is underpowered in high level play right now, and veigar is the only other pure damage caster and is a decent bit weaker then those 3, but since his ult can counter them (lich in particular) pretty hard, thats not necessarily a bad thing; he just doesn't fit into the metagame right now.

Logo

08-31-2009

Well you really want to pair Cryo up with a targeted slow/stun. Heroes like Taric, Nunu, Kayle, Jax, Ashe, etc. can all setup cryo very well. Even without her stun though she can poke most heroes with her long attack range to weaken them up. Her E skill can also be a failsafe small damage nuke if against a hero that you just aren't going to be able to skill shot.

Even before that though the long range of her attack, her good base HP (when you account for egg), and her threat of a nuke does keep her as a pretty good harasser.

I do think you placed her exactly right though. Stronger than Annie and the other casters but weaker than lich.

FMRoss

08-31-2009

I think the main thing is she just really needs to play super defensively. She's super slow and even getting her Sorc boots don't make you anything to write home about. Basically if your soloing your going to have to tower hug or at least stay behind the waves of creeps so you can hopefully wall off a gank attempt or something. Otherwise she's a great assist character with one of the better slowing spells in the game since it does damage and if you time the explosion right can slow a large chunk of characters, making them easy pickings for your other champion. She is a difficult character to play and what skills you go can be kind of situational. I think her ult staying on while stunned is fine. If you think you might be stunned just cast it where you are to make champions afraid to come in.

Logo

08-31-2009

She really needs +movespeed runes and a utility spec for early game harassment (gives her ~320 movespeed). Also swiftness boots over sorc helps a lot.

Shillen

08-31-2009

I agree with the people who say stun or silence should deactivate the ability.

Effulgent

08-31-2009

To the people who say her kills are way too spamable early on, get some regen. Yeah she can harass you pretty hard if you are unable to dodge any of her attacks and if you have no regen, but decent players will dodge many of her attacks, and until level 6 she has a significant cooldown on her damage combo making her vulnerable while its on cooldown.