The Deceiving badass Chuck Norris win (Switching AD/AP Lategame)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lancezh

03-19-2010

Alright you came here with high expectations. Of course, its a thread with "Chuck Norris" in it. I'm getting ****ed in my pants only by mentioning his name... but anyway, as a constant source of genius thoughts i wanted to bring this amazing Pro Concept for Pro Players to the table:

What if you could make a premade full of Heroes that offer Alternate Builds for Either Magic or Physical Damge for all the members and agree for focussing on one thing first but switches once the other team adapted...
What happens then is... the other team (granted they are a good team as well) will go for instance in the case of magic full for MR like Banshee's veil and stuff. (Of course, who doesnt)
I noticed that in a game where i played veigar and a mate of me Karthus (Omnibus Urbi et Orbi Filius Dominus Leetus Dominatus Makus no Sensus). We were basically gathering 90% of the kills in our team but havent been called "being fed" we were just doing "good" so far. A couple minutes later the game went down the drain, the enemy team all went for MR / Banshees veil since we were the only real threats and thus we had problems lategame to apply CC do dish out the appropiate damage or just suffered from a shorter lifespan since people were finally able to get us 2 before we stopped them.

What now if you'd have a (premade) team full of heroes that are more or less able to switch between AP / AD builds and do so when the call arrives (preferrably late game for the skills) ? That means selling certain items and buying new ones (granted you lose 25% of your gold in that) and change from AP playstile to AD or vice versa... so you just slice through the enemy defense who defended in our case against magic ?

I'd imagine that could work... discuss...

****** This Strategy has been approved by Chuck Norris ******

Trivium

03-19-2010

What prevents your opponents from just selling all of their magic resist items and getting armor items?

Edit: Also, your runes/masteries can't be switched.

Lancezh

03-19-2010

Nothing does, but some items hurt to be sold (Rod of ages, other Items that "Build" up) more than others. I still think teams would have a hard time to adapt to such a thing. Another difficulty is, to switch your offense set is more expensive than to switch the defense. Normaly at least...

True about the Runes / masteries Comments...

Basilisk9466

03-19-2010

Or you could, y'know... take a balanced team that's part AD and part AP to begin with? Saves screwing around with items that could backfire badly...

It's a cool idea in principle, but just overly complicates things, IMO.

Sarpati

03-19-2010

A decent premade will already have a mix of AD and AP. Tanks focusing on mitigation will work on both, whereas most other champions tend to favor MR (thanks to items like Abyssal Scepter, Banshee's Veil, etc.).

As a caster, you shouldn't be too worried about MR. M. Pen is readily available and in most cases is more than enough to counter the mitigation on your primary targets (anything that isn't a tank). Haunting Guise + Sorcerer shoes for instance. Provides cheap CDR, regen, and 40 M. Pen (enough to negate base MR). If people start stacking it, Void Staff is a good alternative (don't forget runes, though).

As physical DPS, it's almost as easy. Marks can get you 16 A. Pen, Black Cleaver stacks up to -60 armor. Last Whisper provides valuable IAS, damage and 40% A. Pen. Or Brutalizer if you're low on money and could use some AD and CDR as well.

Banshee's Veil unique effect is rarely a problem for most casters. It hurts Veigar, Annie (if she initiates with a Tibbers stun) and a few others. But Ryze will laugh at it with DP + Spell Flux. Karthus can break it with Lay Waste or Defile. It'll only slightly make a difference against Fiddle's ulti (ironically, it's one of the best items he can ask for). The list goes on.

Your idea can be applied in a more practical manner with the likes of Jax, Udyr, Ezreal, Twisted Fate, Sion and a few others. Basically, champions that have readily available magic and physical damage, and that can change their focus on a whim, or balance it out.

EasymodeX

03-19-2010

Quote:
That means selling certain items and buying new ones (granted you lose 25% of your gold in that) and change from AP playstile to AD or vice versa... so you just slice through the enemy defense who defended in our case against magic ?
I'd imagine that could work... discuss...
Corki: Sheen / Rageblade transition to Black Cleaver. No item sell-offs required.

Ezreal: Catalyst, Rageblade, Void, BC/IE/DPS.

Sion: 3 Doran's Rings, Mejai, sell off Doran's for DPS items.

Ryze: Buy more AP and mag pen to break their mag res. When it doubt, hit a blue pot and press E more vigorously.