[Guide] Ezreal AP Guide and Justifications

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CaptHarlock

05-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie the awsome View Post
why do people love lich bane on ez so much? First of all its expensive as **** secondly i see people getting it BEFORE they get a respectable amount of AP and thirdly...its physical damage, meaning you have no penetration for that and the ratio is basically brought down to .4-.6 depending if their stacking armour. My AP ez build i usually go sorc boots ->mejais -> z ring then i decide what i/we need based on the game. Sometimes its rylais scepter sometimes its void staff. Not sure why people go get survivability items on ez, Your a **** tank and the second your stunned you'll die and as a glass cannon you should learn to avoid bad situations.
I just want to break down what you said here. First, why lichbane is good. Even if you don't have a decent amount of AP from other items, Lichbane itself gives +80 AP, thus being a fairly decent source of AP. Also, most AD players don't have that much armor pen either (just runes and brut). It also makes your 'Q' ability hit just as hard as, or even harder than an AD Ezreal.

Secondly, why survivability is good. Of course you are not a tank, but that doesn't mean you should forsake survivability. That extra survivability gives you the option to tank 1-2 guys instead of if someone even sneezes on you, you die instantly. Also, having survivability acts as a deterrent for your opponent to focus you causing them to make hard decisions on who to focus since AP Ezreal is such a big threat in team fights. Almost all casters get some form of HP items early and late because if you are dead, you really can't contribute to the team.

Squee Goblin Nabob

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-20-2010

Blatantly obvious issues. Firstly, cleanse is almost mandatory on anyone with a blink (i.e. kass and Ez). Flash is not going to get you out of a snare. It's not going to save you from a stun. It won't help when your slowed to no end. Cleanse saves you out of all of that. To not get cleanse is to not want to live. It's just silly. Not only that but the cooldown is HALF of flash. Get real.

Secondly, Anyone that has RoA as a "late game" item is missing some fundamental ideas. It should be early-->mid game item. If I have to explain this any more than you need to stop playing LoL. Furthermore, SotO is NOT a lategame item. It also is NOT beneficial on AP built heroes.

Lastly, you fail to mention his 5th ability that does not benefit from AP whatsoever. The passive.

Hybrid Lee

07-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squee Goblin Nabob View Post
Blatantly obvious issues. Firstly, cleanse is almost mandatory on anyone with a blink (i.e. kass and Ez). Flash is not going to get you out of a snare. It's not going to save you from a stun. It won't help when your slowed to no end. Cleanse saves you out of all of that. To not get cleanse is to not want to live. It's just silly. Not only that but the cooldown is HALF of flash. Get real.

Secondly, Anyone that has RoA as a "late game" item is missing some fundamental ideas. It should be early-->mid game item. If I have to explain this any more than you need to stop playing LoL. Furthermore, SotO is NOT a lategame item. It also is NOT beneficial on AP built heroes.

Lastly, you fail to mention his 5th ability that does not benefit from AP whatsoever. The passive.
Don't forget that Flash can be used both offensively and defensively, in comparison of Cleanse it is much more versatile. Whether people would prefer the versatility of Flash or sturdiness of Cleanse is based off preference.

This is not an expensive build. Sheen, Sorcerer's Boots, Catalyst then Rod of Ages. How long do you think it takes? I get his 'late-game' items when I hit level 9 or 10. Which, in your terms, would be 'mid-game'.

Third of all. AP Ezreal can benefit from all 4 of his skills. Including 'Q' assuming AP Ezreal gets Lichbane. That fact alone is convincing enough, mentioning his passive is unnecessary.

Anyway, I love this guide. Brought me positive K/Ds every game. His 'W' ability is enough to help friendly DPS to wreck towers and other champions.

Amasis

07-18-2010

Thank you for this guide. I've only played Ezreal one game, and was really unsure of how to build him and what abilities to level...etc. This really helps despite the nerfs and changes to Ezreal. Will be trying him again soon with this information in mind.