[Guide] Ezreal AP Guide and Justifications

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CaptHarlock

03-21-2010

Updated again cause Rageblade on this guy is amazing!!!

TTK7

04-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptHarlock View Post
Honestly, nashor's tooth is pretty much **** on this guy. Why would you NOT stack AP with him. His AP ratio's are insane. With Lichbane, his AP ratios are 1, 0.6, 0.8, 1 for his QWER respectively. CD redux is pretty good, but isn't totally necessary since all you need is 15% in terms of items since golem maxes it out for you.

Nashor's is only decent if you are going AD Ezreal and already have your core items (Tri-Force, Boots, Sword of the Occult). Also, Brutilizer is much better on him anyway than nashor's tooth (for AD build anyway).
Nashor's gives 25% CD Reduction and 55 AP. He's going to want his Ultimate all the time so you might as well get it
EDIT: Sorry to revive a rather old thread, only saw the posts on the first page

Avarion

04-13-2010

Well, AP also gives heal, which you may want.

Anyway, don't turn your Sheen into a Lichbane so early. Sheen alone gives Mystic Shot a lot of meat. Upgrade it once you have sufficient AP and you'll hit for some interesting numbers.

Jaarx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-28-2010

Just wanted to bump this thread because I fully endorse this guide. Followed the concepts, managed to get 11/1/3 my first game with this strategy. Admittedly the Twitch I was solo-midding against was a fail, but nevertheless I like it. Catalyst into Sheen gave me oodles of mana, and Clarity is something I can't live without on Ezreal, he just eats so much mana.

Dragmar

05-14-2010

Sheen,Cat Stone, Boots, Guinsoo's Rageblade

As mid game items?
I've solo mid sometimes as EZ and i find it pretty hard to get enough money to have all these items during 'mid game'

It's not like last hitting is hard with ez either, so it isn't that. He's not the greatest jungler so i can't imagine you are just getting all the jungle creeps. How do you save up that much?

CTHDRL

05-14-2010

This guide isn't very good. Runes and Masteries gives you all the Mana regen you need if you know how to play. There is absolutely NO reason to not rush sheen; and instead get mana regen items to start with.

Your core is

Sheen (eventually lichbane)
Mejas
Boots.

In that order.

Any other items are dependent on your enemy team.

Also you need to be maxing W ASAP. ESPECIALLY now that heal is nerfed. You absolutely need it at 5 for any early team fights.

You should never max Q before anything else under any circumstances ever. Period.

Ez does NOT NEED Rageblade. The only time you should be autoattacking is when you're taking a tower. And if you're taking a tower your team is there with you; so you won't get a chance to use your 8 stacks on anyone. Unless you're still on newbie island and people try to 1V5 teams still.

I do not even have the patience to go over your other bad item suggestions.

Stacking AP is now a necessity because his heal got nerfed. Someone brand new to Ez could stack AP as Ez and out-play you simply because your items are terrible.

Jamie Fawley

05-14-2010

why do people love lich bane on ez so much? First of all its expensive as **** secondly i see people getting it BEFORE they get a respectable amount of AP and thirdly...its physical damage, meaning you have no penetration for that and the ratio is basically brought down to .4-.6 depending if their stacking armour. My AP ez build i usually go sorc boots ->mejais -> z ring then i decide what i/we need based on the game. Sometimes its rylais scepter sometimes its void staff. Not sure why people go get survivability items on ez, Your a **** tank and the second your stunned you'll die and as a glass cannon you should learn to avoid bad situations.

CTHDRL

05-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie the awsome View Post
why do people love lich bane on ez so much? First of all its expensive as **** secondly i see people getting it BEFORE they get a respectable amount of AP and thirdly...its physical damage, meaning you have no penetration for that and the ratio is basically brought down to .4-.6 depending if their stacking armour. My AP ez build i usually go sorc boots ->mejais -> z ring then i decide what i/we need based on the game. Sometimes its rylais scepter sometimes its void staff. Not sure why people go get survivability items on ez, Your a **** tank and the second your stunned you'll die and as a glass cannon you should learn to avoid bad situations.
Because lichbane makes your Q useful. If you do not get lichbane your Q is a useless PoS and you only have 3 spells to use.

When I get my mejas stacked + lichbane My Q hits twice as hard as an AD Ez until end-game; and by then they hit about the same.

Not getting lichbane on Ez is unthinkable.

CaptHarlock

05-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneironaut View Post
This guide isn't very good. Runes and Masteries gives you all the Mana regen you need if you know how to play. There is absolutely NO reason to not rush sheen; and instead get mana regen items to start with.

Your core is

Sheen (eventually lichbane)
Mejas
Boots.

In that order.

Any other items are dependent on your enemy team.

Also you need to be maxing W ASAP. ESPECIALLY now that heal is nerfed. You absolutely need it at 5 for any early team fights.

You should never max Q before anything else under any circumstances ever. Period.

Ez does NOT NEED Rageblade. The only time you should be autoattacking is when you're taking a tower. And if you're taking a tower your team is there with you; so you won't get a chance to use your 8 stacks on anyone. Unless you're still on newbie island and people try to 1V5 teams still.

I do not even have the patience to go over your other bad item suggestions.

Stacking AP is now a necessity because his heal got nerfed. Someone brand new to Ez could stack AP as Ez and out-play you simply because your items are terrible.
Did you even read my guide? I never specified what order to get your mid game items since it is very conditional what you get. Also, i specifically said in my guide to max out your 'W' skill if you are participating in team fights, but if you're soloing/farming most of the time, 'W' doesn't do as good as 'E'.

Also, all my items, besides banshee's, are AP items. Even guisoo's rageblade is AP since Q adds 2 stacks, thus you having 8 stacks all the time. SO, Rageblade adds 90 AP. However, rageblade is not quite a "core" item and SR, but on TT, i would say it's a core item.

Either you have some severe reading comprehension disability or just very lazy and like making assumptions based upon false premises.

CaptHarlock

05-20-2010

Update: Modified the skill build section and clarified the mid-game item build. Also changed the description of the abilities since his 'W' skill was nerfed. Also added a few more tips.

Coming later, separate TT and SR playstyle sections, skill and item builds.