[GUIDE] My Warwick.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dlittlejohn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-19-2010

PURPOSE: This guide's purpose is to provide a way to play Warwick effectively. He's my main, and I do believe I have sufficient skill to help others learn to play him well. If there are any questions, feel free to add me in game and ask. If I can't answer, I will try and find the answer a.s.a.p.

ABILITIES: His ultimate has been changed, and will provide the change quoted from the patch notes.

Q: Strikes an enemy for the greater value between 75/125/175/225/275 (+1) and 8/11/14/17/20% of the target's maximum health (can only do flat damage to monsters), and heals Warwick for 100% of the damage dealt.

W: Warwick lets out a howl that inspires all allied champions. This increases Warwick's attack speed by 50/55/60/65/70% and all friendly champions' attack speed by half of that for 10 seconds.

E: Passive: Warwick senses enemy champions under 50% life within 1500/2300/3100/3900/4700 distance of him; while he detects a low-health enemy, he gains 20/25/30/35/40% Movement Speed.

R: Warwick lunges at an enemy Champion, stunning them for 1.7 seconds. While they are stunned, Warwick quickly strikes the target 5 times for 33% of his attack damage plus 40/60/80.

<change/addition> "Infinite Duress now gains an additional 30% lifesteal bonus"

Passive: Each of Warwick's attacks will heal him for 5/10/15 health. Each successive attack against the same target will restore increasing amounts of health to Warwick.

<This may not be substantial end game, but is vital to his early game.>

Masteries: Now the fun part. I've been told to stick to 2 trees, however, I find that the most benefit is gained from the usage of all 3. I've added a visual of my mastery tree at the bottom of this guide.

Notable Picks:

Offensive tree:
Plentiful Bounty(Improved Smite.) The extra gold is amazing and much needed, as well as the quickness it provides to jungling.

Defensive tree:
Nimbleness. Dodge is an amazing stat, and as such, we want as much as we can (we can't obtain the cap, which is somewhere around ~45%) This provides escape mechanisms, as well as giving you an edge in combat.

Utility tree:
Awareness. The extra exp. is amazing for staying on par with champs in the lane.

Utility mastery: Oh man, this thing is amazing. To have Golem and Lizard longer is a must have as a jungler/gank man. Must have. And last but not least...

Blink of an eye: Improved flash. 'nuff said.

RUNES: My Rune build.

Red: (6)armor pen, and then (3)Malice (crit chance) We get 12 armor pen because the small golems have 12 armor, and being able to deal 100% to jungle creeps early on is a huge advantage.

Yellow: (9)Dodge

Blue: This is where I differ from a lot of builds. I go all flat mana. Why? Because you'll often find Warwick not being able to use his ult, and this gives him more staying power, especially with his added 30% lifesteal added onto his ult.

Quints: (3)Flat Hp

SUMMONER ABILITIES: I go with Flash/Smite. Flash is very useful for getting in range for your ult or a final hungering strike, and is of course a wonderful juking tool. Smite, as covered earlier, is a must have for the extra gold/time saved jungling.

ITEM BUILD: So, here's where I start to differ from the majority of Warwick players. My first item is still Madred's due to the invaluable +500 to creeps 15% of the time. And Bloodrazors are just an amazing item. I also wanted to incorporate Dodge into this build, so I usually go for Ninja Tabi whereas before I used to grab Merc Treads. My bread and butter item for Warwick as of late has been Sword of the Occult. It is amazing since Warwick is built to gank lanes from early on. The added damage not only helps bring towers down faster, but it makes his ult that much more devastating because of the lifesteal bonus now incurred. The rest of the game depends on the enemy team/your team needs.

1. Madred's
2. Ninja Tabi
3. Sword of the Occult
4. Bloodrazor's

5a. Caster team - Banshee's veil.
5b. Physical team - Thornmail.
6a. If no one on your team has Stark's Fervor, This works well
6b. If stark's has been built, then You can build damage from here on out. Usually you don't get much further than 5a/b.

ABILITY BUILD: Alrighty, here's the basic build I use, and will describe the first few levels afterward. My skill priority is R>Q>E>W

1. Q
2. W
3. Q
4. E
5. Q
6. R...

I find this very reliable to start jungling with, and to make sure ganks go as planned. The attack bonus is already huge, so I don't find it necessary to build upon it early on.

EARLY GAME: I start with Cloth Armor, 2 health pots, and if there's a jungler on the enemy team, a ward. I'll place the ward at the enemy golem, and proceed to mine.

Hide in the bushes near your golem until he's appeared for a few seconds and the enemy team is accounted for. Kill the smaller creeps first. After killing one, pop a potion and kill the other using Q once on him. Then proceed to hit golem, using Q whenever it's up until you see him drop to 500. Use Smite on your next hit, and move to the creep camp directly south of him.

Proceed to head eastward, Killing the creep camps as you go. (Ignore Lizard for now) When you hit the creep camp with 4 (1 blue, 3 red) kill the blue one first, and use both Q and W at the start. Skip liz, kill the one on the right, and go back to lizard. Use a potion, and kill the small creeps first, using Q on the second (just like Golem) and then attack lizard. Your Smite is up by now, and should be able to kill him around 550 health.

At this time, you want to head into the right lane, and try to set up a gank by 'pinging' the champ you want to kill. Wait in the bushes in the river, for them to overextend, head into the lane, and attack them from behind. If one starts to get away and you can kill him, Flash --> Q is your best bet.

DRAGON: This is crucial. Your team needs to be in control of dragon from the beginning, and you are a vital part of that. Around level 4-5, when you can base and buy your madred's (Unless you're ganking and pushing a lane) You should also buy a ward (90g) to place after you kill dragon. This is mucho exp and gold for everyone on the team.

TEAM FIGHTS: Your role in team fights is to be the second man in after the tank. With your large damage output, and some lifesteal, you are the ideal clean up man.

IN CONCLUSION: I hope you've enjoyed this guide, and that it will benefit you. Not all playstyles are similar, and another guide may work better for you. Wazzabi has an amazing guide for Warwick, and is what got me started, so Kudos to him. The best of luck to you, and Happy Lol'ing!

Edit: Included Dragon section.

Maeldoun

03-19-2010

I have often thought of getting SotO, but the cost/risk/reward has never been good enough for me to get it over Wits End. If I were more into snowball items I would agree with you, but I tend to enjoy stability. Good guide overall, and props to Wazzabi for getting the 2 of us in WW. "All the better to eat you with!"

Dlittlejohn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-19-2010

Thanks for the feedback Maeldoun. I do value Wit's End and Black Cleaver, it just doesn't cater to my gank/push tower style. I try to have first blood around level 4 if a lane hasn't already covered that.

I also noticed I missed Dragon :O So I'll be adding that in later.

Dlittlejohn

03-19-2010

Edited Guide. Included Dragon Section.

Zers

03-20-2010

merc tread seem to be better for jungling cause you cant dodge a rune prizon

Dlittlejohn

03-20-2010

If you're getting rune prison'd, you're not map aware. His range is short enough that by the time you see him, you can run. If there is enough CC on the enemy team, then it is certainly a viable option to get merc treads.