Kassadin Needs Something

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WetWyatt

03-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotchaye View Post
..but he also badly needs some team utility other than a single-target, slow-moving silence and an aoe movement-only slow...
Hey, Don't touch the slow-moving part of the silence. I use that to my advantage all the time. How? if someone's at a turret, I can still pelt them with it because I can get in there, use it, and then just run out of the turret's range before it hits them and makes the turret target me. Best. Skill. Ever. It usually makes the guy so frustrated that he switches lanes, or calls a gank on me ^_^.

There are disadvantages, yes. There have been a number of times where I've flung one at someone who was about to recall, and it didn't make it in time... so it makes its way slowly back to them at their base, where they're fully healed by the time it gets there...

Anyway, I like it slow.

TwoFatNuts

Adjudicator

03-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotchaye View Post
Words
^^Easily the best analysis of Kass I have ever read by a junior member of the forums
(maybe of any member)

Thank you

CarnipheX

03-19-2010

Why not make his W something like Nunu's Consume. He damages a minion and restores some mana. That would improve his early last hitting capability a little...

Bellicus

03-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weretoad View Post
His W definitely needs to be looked at.
what are you talkin about his W is fun to play with when u got full attack speed and a guinsoo

Bilun

03-19-2010

Quoting my post on what I think should be done with his W from another thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilun View Post
I'd like to see Netherblade changed to the following:

Netherblade:
Kassadin's physical attacks and spells drain 2 / 3 / 4 / 4 / 5% of his target's mana and he gains twice the mana drained by spells, and health equal to 125% of the mana he drains with ohysical attacks.

One of the main reasons attack damage kass doesn't work is that due to mana demands, he can't afford to get the lifesteal he needs for decent survivability. Having the mana drained by attacks heal him solves this issue.

Conversely, requiring him to get in melee to benefit from netherblade makes it largely useless to spellcaster kass. Having his spells also benefit and drain mana(returning it to him), makes netherblade useful to spellcaster kass as well.

Q and E are just fine. I think his ult however could do with 2 minor changes:

1). is it just me or does the aiming circle have a larger radius then the actual radius he deals damage in? I'd like to see the cursor be a bit more accurate

2). the extra mana:extra damage scaling for subsequent castings of his ult is a joke; 1 damage for 1.2 damage at max rank? Most damage abilities have something more like 3:1 or 4:1. I understand due to how many times you can build it up it can't be top tier scaling, but a a 1.5:1 to 2:1 ratio would be reasonable(this would be achieved by reducing the additional mana for subsequent blinks from 100 to 60-80)

RHINO Mk II

03-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilun View Post
2). the extra mana:extra damage scaling for subsequent castings of his ult is a joke; 1 damage for 1.2 damage at max rank? Most damage abilities have something more like 3:1 or 4:1. I understand due to how many times you can build it up it can't be top tier scaling, but a a 1.5:1 to 2:1 ratio would be reasonable(this would be achieved by reducing the additional mana for subsequent blinks from 100 to 60-80)
Look at Anivia's AoE ultimate for comparative AoE mana-to-damage ratio. Trust me, otherwise people would seriously riftwalk at fountain and teleport in for instagibs.

Necromonger

03-21-2010

survivability, mobility, chase ability, and OMG IN YOUR FACE JUMPED OVER THE TREES-ability with riftwalk. Force pulse is unholy in team fights- spells fly left and right, and your always proc'd, CD (mine is round 3sec) forcepulse wastes everything. top it off, a mage joins in mid fight? SILENCED. haha... and I get left overs to boot.

Hi, I'm Necromonger. This is my first post. I'm a lvl30 from South East Asia. that means I'm outta the game, but my career with kassadin is illustrious as other decent Kass's - lotsa kills and 1-2 deaths per game. RIOT, NEVER CHANGE KASSADIN. he's one of the few you got right...