Help me with Firebind results please wrenchmen

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thbigchief

05-24-2011

Quote:
TCP ports 80,443,2099,5222-5223,8393-8400 are open on your network. Firebind was successfully able to transmit and receive data over these ports using TCP.

UDP ports 5000-5059 are open on your network. Firebind was successfully able to transmit and receive data over these ports using UDP.

UDP ports 5060 failed due to a PAYLOAD_TIMED_OUT_ON_RECV condition
- These are my results... how do I fix this failure?

Thbigchief

05-24-2011

- Anyone know what this means?

Thbigchief

05-24-2011

- Any info would be great

Eambo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-24-2011

Hi Thb1gChief,

Have you ran this test more than once, and get the same result?

Thbigchief

05-24-2011

- 3 times... what does it mean? and how can I rectify it?

Eambo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-24-2011

Quote:
Payload Receive Time Out - For TCP port testing, this indicates that the client was able to complete the 3-way handshake (establish a socket), however, after sending the test payload, the client timed out waiting for a reply. The most likely case is that some intervening device (such as a firewall or proxy server) intercepted the connection and established the socket with the client (as opposed to the client establishing a socket directly with the Firebind server.) Then the firewall or proxy dropped the payload since the payload didn't meet the firewall or proxy criteria for passage. For UDP port testing, since there is no 3-way handshake (socket conenction), this generally indicates a firewall blocking UDP traffic for the given port.
Basically it sounds like a firewall or antivirus may be blocking the connection. Which Firewall/Antivirus do you have?

Thbigchief

05-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eambo View Post
Basically it sounds like a firewall or antivirus may be blocking the connection. Which Firewall/Antivirus do you have?
- I thought this might be a response.. so I turned off "windows" firewall and disabled all" avast" shields for an hour before trying. I dont know what else could be blocking anything.

Eambo

05-24-2011

One thing I've noticed about a lot of firewall/antivirus software is basically disabling isn't enough. I'd try temporarily uninstalling the software (Although Windows Firewall can only be disabled) and closing any and all background programs, then rerunning the FireBind test.

Thbigchief

06-01-2011

Quote:
TCP ports 80,443,2099,5222-5223,8393-8400 are open on your network. Firebind was successfully able to transmit and receive data over these ports using TCP.

UDP ports 5000-5059,5061-5500 are open on your network. Firebind was successfully able to transmit and receive data over these ports using UDP.

UDP ports 5060 failed due to a PAYLOAD_TIMED_OUT_ON_RECV condition.
- Got the same firebind results after turning off all anti-virus.

- What is UDP port 5060 responsible for? Is this related to patching and/or possible in game issues? Can I tweak this port in some way manually?

ProtoSpec

06-09-2011

All,

Port 5060 is for the SIP protocol. It's commonly used in VoIP applications. The problem with SIP is that it doesn't behave nicely with the NAT in almost all home routers, so home router manufacturers commonly implement what's called an ALG (application level gateway.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Application-level_gateway

The key passage in the wiki entry is "An ALG is very similar to a proxy server, as it sits between the client and real server, facilitating the exchange. There seems to be an industry convention that an ALG does its job without the application being configured to use it, by intercepting the messages. A proxy, on the other hand, usually needs to be configured in the client application. The client is then explicitly aware of the proxy and connects to it, rather than the real server."

What that means is that port 5060 on the router is expecting just SIP traffic, so in many cases if it sees non SIP formatted traffic, it doesn't know how to pass it through. Think of it this way... A fully open port with no firewall blocking is like an open door for all traffic and a blocked port is like a locked door for all traffic. But a port configured with an ALG is like a closed door that automatically opens for SIP traffic but stays closed for all other traffic.

So there are two key questions:

[1] Is there any config setting in the router to disable or get past this ALG
[2] If 5060 is blocked does that truly have any impact on LOL?

I don't know the answer to #2, that would be something for the LOL techs. But for #1 you might want to hunt around in your router config to see if there are any sort of SIP related config options.

If you find a config setting to change, then re-run the firebind test to see if that got you past it.

http://www.firebind.com/lol.php