Master Yi's ultimate...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kicksmith

08-29-2009

...seems kind of bland to me. It's plenty good, and I like the immunity to slow but increased movement and attack speed seem kind of plain. The kind of general "this button makes you stronger" ults (like Highlander, Insanity Potion, and Unbreakable Will) are powerful but boring. I have a suggestion to make it more interesting but not change the effect too much:

Master Yi blurs as his movement speed increases and he summons an after-image that mimics his attacks and abilities. While under this effect he becomes immune to all slowing effects.

I'm imagining the image being a delayed version of your commands so that it would follow you when you move and fade back into you when you stop and repeat every ability like half a second or so after you do them. It could either do full damage or less depending on balance and maybe leveling up would increase the number of images. This replaces the potential extra ability uses with a guaranteed extra one (or two at later levels maybe) on the same target (maybe different secondary targets for Alpha Strike, that would look cool having 2 or 3 Master Yis bouncing around randomly and prevent it from hitting things it's already killed). This also seems to me to fit in more with the mystic samurai whatever feel of Master Yi.

ShankYou

08-29-2009

You're pretty damn smart. Sounds like it would make Yi's ulti so much cooler, and hopefully it won't be too much hard work for the LoL team.

Andrewsm

08-29-2009

+1.

Zeta

08-29-2009

Ooh, I like.

Deathbylight

08-29-2009

Although i like the idea i think it would be to overpowered. Ive been playing him alot and curently the refresh cooldown part of the ability is amazing as is, ive ben able to 1v3 with some lifesteal and chase down the 1 runner after killing one, using the refreshed alpha strike then higlander again on the second, and alpha strike the runner and activate highlander again for the chase. An adition to the ultimate resulting in raised dps would have to have a nerf to the rest of master yi to balance it. In team battles i just pick out the weekest an take them down fast.

Aiur

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-29-2009

Umm, ults are meant to be devestating, which highlander just happens to be.. As Death suggested, refreshing makes him RIDUCLOUS. Rush in with highlander active and kill the low hero, proceed to ass rape the second. I've taken out ENTIRE teams this way

as for your suggestion..very OP. 2 crits for 700x3= dead. Whoever you are. Dead. It's VERY OP if it does a second blow ontop of Yi's passive ALREADY doing second hits..

Redtah

08-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiur View Post
Umm, ults are meant to be devestating, which highlander just happens to be.. As Death suggested, refreshing makes him RIDUCLOUS. Rush in with highlander active and kill the low hero, proceed to ass rape the second. I've taken out ENTIRE teams this way

as for your suggestion..very OP. 2 crits for 700x3= dead. Whoever you are. Dead. It's VERY OP if it does a second blow ontop of Yi's passive ALREADY doing second hits..

Just give his passive a cool looking afterimage : p this guy should be pleased.

Is there even a visual queue for his passive? I've never noticed it if there is.

Kicksmith

08-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiur View Post

Well yeah, I agree that highlander can be good. I also get that the move would be op the way you describe it but the image doesn't have to do 100% damage. Highlander level 1 gives 30% attack speed so you could have the image do 30% normal damage and it would equal the same amount of damage overall. Also the chance of you and all your images getting crits AND procing the passive would have to be 1 in 1,000,000. Also your argument that Highlander can kill an entire team in seconds doesn't really help the case of this alternative being relatively OP.

Basically anything unbalanced can be balanced I'm kinda just suggesting something I think is cool. Highlander doesn't seem interesting to me... though that's just an opinion.

Kicksmith

08-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redtah View Post
Just give his passive a cool looking afterimage : p this guy should be pleased.

Is there even a visual queue for his passive? I've never noticed it if there is.
Oh, actually I like this idea.

Commodore Frank

Adjudicator

08-30-2009

Yi already can hit like a truck, though. Imagine two of him double striking someone. Adding a blur to Highlander would be a cool addition, though.