Singed- The Quick, Poisonous, Deadly, Tank

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gizzy

03-19-2010

Contents:
1 About Singed
2 Rant about masteries and mana regen
3 Item build
4 Summoner Abilities & some tips on how to play

5 Order of Abilities to get
6 Pros and Cons of this build
7 What makes this guide unique

1 About Singed

"Trained by the Alchemists of Zaun, the man now known as Singed was once the apprentice of Warwick, a scientific mercenary in the employ of the armies of Noxus. His master invented implements of mass death and destruction, chemicals that could burn a man's lungs to ash, poisons that killed selectively, and more. All the time, Singed laughed, delighted in the death and destruction. Then came the day that his master was cursed, transformed forever into a lycanthrope. Singed continued where his master left off, bringing a brand new world of suffering to the people of Ionia. These days, Singed is barely even a man, both ruined and kept alive by the unholy chemicals he has created. If there ever was anything human about the man, it has been burned away along with much of his flesh."

Abilities:
Empowered Bulwark - Increases Singed's health by .25 for each mana point he has.
(This is what makes the whole item build work, singed's mana items increases his health which makes him an excellent all-round champion)

Poison Trail - Leaves a trail of poison behind Singed, dealing damage to enemies caught in the path. Toggle: Singed lays a poisonous trail which deals 22/34/46/58/70 (+0.3) magic damage per second.
Cooldown 0 seconds
Cost 13 Mana per Second
Range 20
(Although the ability power ratio doesn't seem like much it is! Use this ability for everything... killing, creeping, turn it on if the enemy is chasing your team they will be too afraid to run into poison and you will save many of your teammates and your own skin this way, and run in front of enemies running back to base and watch them get gassed to death. This Drains mana quickly be sure to only have it on when needed)

Mega Adhesive - Throws a vial of mega adhesive on the ground causing all enemies who touch it to be slowed for the duration. Singed throws a vial of mega adhesive on the ground causing all enemies who touch it to be slowed by 35/45/55/65/75% for 5 seconds.
Cooldown 14 seconds
Cost 80/90/100/110/120 Mana
Range 1,000
(THIS IS YOUR ONLY RANGED ABILITY KEEP THIS IN MIND! This is an amazing slow that you should always cast to save people or to chase people down. Itís really useful in full team ganks because you can slow pretty much the whole team and itís your main chance to catch up to people running away. Be sure to keep in mind the slight delay so always cast in front of where someone is going to run!)

Fling - Flips an enemy behind Singed, dealing damage to it when it lands. Singed flings an enemy over his shoulder, dealing 100/150/200/250/300 (+1) magic damage and slowing the enemy when they land.
Cooldown 12 seconds
Cost 100/110/120/130/140 Mana
Range 200
(This along with poison is why singed players have so much fun, you are very tank and fast so you can survive to run up to an enemy champion and fling them either into a tower or ally champion without taking too much of a beating. The AP ratio is 1:1 which comes in handy because in ganks you run over to the squishy and fling them into poison and teammates and watch them get eaten.)

Insanity Potion - Singed drinks a potent brew of chemicals, granting him increased combat stats. Singed drinks a potent brew of chemicals, granting him 35/50/65 enhanced damage, attack speed %, ability power, armor, movement speed, and regeneration per 5 for 25 seconds.
Cooldown 120 seconds
Cost 150/150/150 Mana
Range 20
(Ok all I can read here is extra AP, armor, movespeed and health regen. Forget about damage you donít need it but this ability is mainly used for its AP and Movespeed, singed needs these to chase down and poison enemies, whenever this is on cooldown use Ghost as a substitute!)

2 Masteries and Mana Regen

I donít get whatís with all the mana regen on singed. I have my seal runes filled with +mana regen and that is enough for me through the whole game. When you poison creeps you only turn it on then quickly off mana isnít a problem at all (The mana regen runes are really effective with alot of players so I pretty much use it with everybody).

Good singed players are good at placing themselves where they can get maximum effect and minimum mana wastage with poison. I see so many singed players turn on poison before they are in range or leave it on when the creeps are already poisoned long and then complain about mana regen.

My masteries (0/11/19) also boost max mana and mana regen (the mana increase, mana regen increase and movement speed increase masteries are really handy on singed) to give me extra health from singed passive and less mana problems. Because of all the extra mana early game from mana crystal (which gives extra health with singed) I donít have too much health problems. If the enemy team has heavy harassers I can get health regen but I prefer not to.

3 Items

I've been really successful with singed following this build and all I do is start off with
Mana Crystal and 2 health potions
then Boots of Swiftness,
build Rod of Ages,
Guardians Angel
then if I haven't won yet I get Rylais Scepter, and Zhonyas Ring.

The rylais scepter gives good health and slow and the zhonyas rings are there to make sure singed poison remains effective all game. I recommend the zhonyas ring because other ability power items donít cost as much so you might fill up your inventory too quick and singed has really good farming abilities so you will get heaps of gold, for a final item think about what you need most, more health, MR etc... get something like Archangels Staff, Abyssal Scepter, another Rylais Scepter or simply stacking another Rod of Ages is always great with singed.

Singed naturally high health and the defence from guardian angel makes me strong enough to run through the whole enemy team to poison and slow them and fling the squishy support, even if they get a good combo I get res from guardian and the poison does serious damage.

I see so many buying health items like warmogs and sunfire cape, donít get me wrong Iíve tried these builds before but despite having crazy health I had low defence and my health was worn down really quick and if I buy armor / magic resist items on top of the health I find that Iíve wasted too much time on defence and now I canít get any kills (although having said this I guess if you were the only tank and you had some good carries to fling enemies into it would be alright although Iím sorry but I must say I personally hate stacking sunfires but you can do what you want).

4 Summoner Abilities

Masteries:
Ghost (This is a must)
Teleport
(Recommended but others may be chosen)

(If you really want I guess you can get Cleanse or Clairvoyance but I wouldn't recommend any others)

As for Clarity I already discussed mana regen at the start, yes it would be nice but other things are more important. Heal is another summoner ability that I see people use with singed, If you ask me this is a mistake because why it might help a little early game it will be useless mid-late game because of your high max health.

I donít see much point in getting rally or flash with singed because he is always running around with high move speed, this is what makes him a killer champion. The high poison damage and fling and AOE slow makes you an unstoppable team fighter.

The role of Singed:
-Singed is a ďBattle MageĒ through this playstyle, yes he is the tank but he is also has good damage output from Poison Trail. Singed has constant, flat damage from Poison therefore in team fights he must run around to poison as many champions as possible and fling enemies towards your allies with good burst damage. Donít be afraid of tower diving mid to late game, your fling brings the enemies right back out and you have enough health to last it.
-The best ally I have encountered with Singed is Ryze, when enemies are flung you need good burst damage and a snare/stun for tanks. Ryze has both of these and you will spend most of your time either chasing down opponents that are near death from Ryze or you will be flinging people into Ryze.
-Singed is the anti-squishy champion, just watching 3 or so enemies try to gank you alone and with your move speed, slows and poison you end up getting kills half of the time. In team battles you tank all incoming fire and fling the squishies and watch them fall!
-Because my build has Guardian Angel It is easy to run through and try to take the whole enemy team in a full 5v5 gank. Although this may waste your Guardian Angel revive buff and you have to wait 5 mins to get it back, this strategy will allow you to damage and slow the whole enemy team that will result in at least of 3 of the enemies dying and it can be a real game changer giving your whole team time to push.
-Whenever you see enemies ganking a nearby ally, activate Poison Trail and AOE slow the enemies, this should deter them from chasing and it will usually result in either getting a kill or saving your teammate.

Who to be careful of:
-Viegar is one of your worst enemies in team fights, his ultimate tears away your health and his AOE stun will aggravate you beyond measure because you can never fling and if you are you become stunned in the middle of the enemy team.
-Ryze is also annoying because of his burst damage and snare.
-Blitz, his stuns and rocket grab and he is a strong tank... nuff said.

5 Abilities

At level 1 itís important to wait until you see who youíre up against to select your first skill. I know how little damage it does but it help with last hitting and more psychology rather than damage stops people chasing you in early ganks and it can also be used to take wolf/golem neutral creeps. If you have a really good combo or you are vsing people who poison wonít really effect then get fling at level 1 but I still prefer poison because it damages both people and stops them from chasing. In the past I have been up against a twitch and I kept turning Poison Trail on and off around in the buses before creeps spawned and fair enough when the creeps came a half hp twitch walks out of the bushes.
As pointed out by Praetor Kamahl, it is better to max out the levels of mega adhesive before fling because the AOE slow is much more effective both offensively and defensively and the +50 damage per level for fling isnít needed as much as the slow.

1. Poison Trail / Fling
2. Poison Trail / Fling
3. Poison Trail
4. Mega Adhesive (its saved me and other allies and also helped to get kills many times)
5. Poison Trail
6. Insanity Potion
7. Poison Trail
8. Mega Adhesive
9. Poison Trail
10. Mega Adhesive
11. Insanity Potion
12. Mega Adhesive
13. Mega Adhesive
14. Fling
15. Fling
16. Insanity Potion
17. Fling
18. Fling

6 The Pros and Cons of this build:

Pros: - Singed is tank enough to run into a team and fling an enemy into either a tower or his allies to start a gank.
-Singeds poison will wear down the whole enemy team in ganks, wearing their health down quite quickly.
-Mega Adhesive is a very effective ability because it is a long ranged good slow. This allows you to turn team fights around as the enemy champions slowly move you quickly run around and poison and fling the stragglers.
-Singed is a very good chaser. Good movespeed, AOE slow, Poison Trail, Fling, Ghost & Insanity Potion. Rylais sceptre even slows their movement speed as you poison.
-Singeds move speed, health and abilities makes it very easy and effective for him to tower dive, this topped with guardian angel lets you not be afraid of towers and will let you get alot more kills.
-Singed is very fun to play!!

Cons: -Slows and stuns can shut you down, a enemy team consisting of a few stunners / nukers will stop you from ever getting close enough to fling. The balance between pros and cons may look like Singed is near perfect but the slows and stuns stopping you from using Fling is a really big one because you rely on being close and moving quick, take these away and singed doesnít have much.
-Singed is very tank and has good damage from poison, however he lacks some burst damage, although you donít really need it because you fling enemies into people with good burst damage.

7 What makes this Singed guide unique:

-Ok lets get this straight, the Rod of Ages is nothing new but who can complain, its perfect for Singed.
-Instead of getting health regen at the start I get the Mana Crystal and Health Potions. This Takes away the need for mana regen and lets you get Rod of Ages Quickly.
-There isnít a huge amount of health items in this build, you simply need MR and Armor more then more health because Singed already has enough.
-This build has a fairly high emphasis on ability power, this is what makes everyone afraid of Singed because of how poison will wear down the whole enemy team and block their escape routes.

Thankyou to those that have posted, I have edited the guide based off the comments.
Will post updates / changes if prompted with good reason
Any comments on this would be much appreciated...

Itches

03-19-2010

I think it would be a benefit to state what it is this build does well how you tend to play him.

Praetor Kamahl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-19-2010

I, and many other Singed players will agree, that Mega Adhesive should take a much higher priority in leveling up over Fling (aside from the first point). The boosted snare will get you more hits in than the +50 damage per rank.

Jravolta

03-19-2010

I'm a big fan of getting fling at lvl 1. What's going to help more in a pre-minion bushes fight, the ability to do instant moderate damage that repositions an enemy away from you/your lanemate (or to you), or small damage over time that they can avoid?

Gizzy

03-19-2010

Itches, I will post some Pros and Cons to this build and I will write more about gameplay some time today.

Praetor Kamahl, This is a really good point I might change my build to prioritize Mega Adhesive over Fling (Apart from level 1 Fling as you said) I shall try this out in a few games now and update the skill tree.

Jravolta, You are right about Poison at level 1 however I change between getting Poison at level 1 and Fling at level 1 depending on the lineup. If I am laned with someone with good early game damage output I will grab Fling so they can get first blood however Poison is more defensive, people can easily avoid Poison and that is half of the point. They see the poison and the majority of players move to avoid it giving you and your teammate to better position yourself either to retreat of gank. I will update my level 1 skill choice description.

Thankyou all for your feedback

Praetor Kamahl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jravolta View Post
I'm a big fan of getting fling at lvl 1. What's going to help more in a pre-minion bushes fight, the ability to do instant moderate damage that repositions an enemy away from you/your lanemate (or to you), or small damage over time that they can avoid?
Singed is a good example of a champion who should wait before picking their first skill. If you know they're in the brush and want a level 1 fight, get Fling. If not, simply tease outside turret range and gas the first creep wave to almost ensure you'll push in their direction (Singed is good at this, being aggressive and melee in laning phase is rather hard for most champions).

BangWow

03-19-2010

Fling at 1, always.

Patyrn

03-19-2010

Adhesive is always, 100%, no exceptions better than fling. Level 1 fling till there's nothing left. Adhesive is MASSIVE team utility as well as contributing more to your 1v1 killing ability than higher ranked fling.

Personally I usually take poison first, fling second. Fling is definitely stronger in level 1 fights, but how often do you really do those these days? Also, I tend to kill the golem\wolf camp then run to lane. Poison is better in that situation.