Are teammates agrier recently?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Karbonation

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-19-2010

Its the crew I left at Dota finally getting tired of the old WC3 engine. The remnants of ******bag virgin CS players

Xocolatl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zingledot View Post
The player skill in these situations ranged from worst on the team to best on the team. The only thing is common is that they all played carries and all were very angry. So to say that good players are the ragers is a bit of a generalization that fits your argument for dodging.
That tends to fit my experience as well. Although I have to admit I'm guilty of raging at times too. Generally I don't tend to rag on very much though. I try to give pointers to people (with a lot of sarcasm thrown in). Of course I get ignored anyway, so I just play the rest of the game in silence, and hope for the best, and call for surrender at 25 min mark. If they want to keep going (even though there was no hope of winning) then that's fine by them.

Sheshi

03-19-2010

I only rage if they're openly ignoring constructive criticism.

Apart from that, I'll just curse a little under my breath but that's it. I imagine many other people would do the same.

Nokturnol

03-19-2010

I just can't wait till an in-game voice chat, so you can cuss out your teammates with your voice instead of just letters.

Sheshi

03-19-2010

And no doubt that some people will have headaches until next morning.

Volcanuz

03-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokkaido View Post
You cant rely on the score to prove who is best on the team though. I've had games where almost every one of the kills I should have got were stolen by someone else. Its simple. You are only as good as the rest of your team. If your team is horrible, then you play horrible. I play support and tanks and its hard to do anything when you initiate fights and the rest of the team takes that time to run back to fountain to buy more items as soon as they get the right amount.
I agree tenfold.

I play classes who have high amounts of stuns or who heal a good deal of the time so i get mainly assists and get ganked hard core if i am just the slightest bit out of mind(meaning not paying attention). So score means crud all, i have had games of 20+ assists, 12 deaths and 3 kills. Unless you good players only play carrys or pushers.

Harkat

03-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokkaido View Post
You cant rely on the score to prove who is best on the team though. I've had games where almost every one of the kills I should have got were stolen by someone else. Its simple. You are only as good as the rest of your team. If your team is horrible, then you play horrible. I play support and tanks and its hard to do anything when you initiate fights and the rest of the team takes that time to run back to fountain to buy more items as soon as they get the right amount.
I agree with you!! Its so annoying when you beat the other team off and your team decides that they are gonna jungle, kill creeps or wait for another 10 gold for another item when they should be pushing hard!

Not long ago I decided to play the creator of games like LoL, DotA. Often if you told people you were new they would kick you, abuse you or rage quit. Once when the LoL servers were in maintenance I went DotA'ing and after 20 mins I had been in 5 games with at least one person raging per game because someone got the wrong item or someone took damage or someone else didnt last hit or deny.
In comparison LoL is nowhere near that, most games I play generally finish with no/minimal abuse and almost never is there a rage ( or if they did, they came back ).
But on the whole, I have noticed an increase of angrier players, not a big increase but an increase no the less

NidaleeAvatar

03-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volcanuz View Post
I agree tenfold.

I play classes who have high amounts of stuns or who heal a good deal of the time so i get mainly assists and get ganked hard core if i am just the slightest bit out of mind(meaning not paying attention). So score means crud all, i have had games of 20+ assists, 12 deaths and 3 kills. Unless you good players only play carrys or pushers.

Once I played a game where our TF (solo-queue as almost always) received grief in all chat from the opposing team. Our TF didn't have a good k/d ratio, he ended with like 7/13 or something like that. However, he saw the opportunities in a game that to some of our teammates seemed to be lost, we even had a surrender vote. He ported in, did turrets and inhibitors, died a couple of times extra, but was efficient enough at what he was doing to make it all worth it.

Now, the opposing team wasn't very responsive/attentive and didn't care to port back to defend, that may have been crucial to his success, but that is up to them, they opted to cry instead of acting upon the situation. In the end they had to defend, of course, and instead of being able to gather their team and finish the game to their advantage through a quick mid-push, we turned it around and won.

I was also part of the backdooring, but our TF really took initiativ and remained persistant in this task and in my opinion gave us the victory, without a doubt. After the game ended I (playing Nidalee) received some compliments from the opposing team (random really, I just had a few lucky kills early game, a mediocre score and some decent gear), while our TF, who carried us result-wise was heckled even further.

Hm, they probably felt they had to perpetuate their facade in order to not loose face, and also to divert attention from their own failure to prevent the backdooring. Gave me a good chuckle though when our TF saved the day

TSP Cinnabar

03-19-2010

I've been angrier lately, though I don't rageAFK, because of the increase in solo queue baddies. I just had a game where I was teamed with a 2-man premade(gang/shaco) and the shaco said "first and second blood coming up top" before feeding three kills in a row. His lane mate did get first blood so I guess he was 50% right.

My ELO is probably **** but I've never had it this bad. I think the latest patch brought a lot of players out of the woodwork.

eighty sixx

03-19-2010

I almost always tell the other team "well played guys" after a loss. Likewise, when I am having a good game I refrain from telling the other team "lulz, I JUST PWNZORRED U!!!ONE!1". I also try to limit my conversation with my own team in solo queues. I don't rage or whine or any of that and will generally just not reply to ragers on my team. Once you reply to them one time it fuels it and off you go into a flame war amongst yourselves. I have had games where I went 0-3 early, got the obvious "omg you stupid feeder noob" then recovered to finish 14-5-9 or something. Had I got in a flame war with a teammate, I wouldnt be able to do that.

I try to stick to "care mid"..."bot mia" "push guys" etc. Simple communication...as I am busy , you know...playing. I am always envious of the guy who is obviously so much better than you(he told me so, thats how I know) who is raging away, watching my lane, watching mid , arguing with the other team and 2 of his own members, yet still manages that zomgleet 8-8-4 on twitch.