{Discussion} IDK bout YOU but Wheres KATARINA

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Melonyan

03-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedalis View Post
Played my first game as kat today went 21/11/x with a really poorly set up runebook (Not built for her specific for another champ).

For me it seemed that she REALLY excels early and mid game but even after 3 bloodthirsters I found myself cowering in team fights late game. I found myself more useful just cleaning up runners or BDing while my other 4 team mates were stalling out their tower progression.
As nerfed as her ult may be if you have 3x bloodthirsters your ult is going to annihilate heroes. Did you not have any magic pen or something? With sorc boots, magic pen runes, and the 15% magic pen talent your damage goes up A LOT, and after that you can buy void staff if needed.

Sakabu

03-19-2010

The AD build of Katarina is what made her something else than just a shadow of fiddlestick.

At this point, i think that there is a better synergy with an AP build (ever since the change to her ultimate and to void staff as well), building rylai, mejai, void staff with a 9/21/0 or 9/0/21.

At this pace, similarities between those two tend to be flattened. And fiddle beats the girl hands off (she practically disappeared from where i play).

Funny thing though, is lore wise she entered the tournament to become, better, stronger, deadlier, top of the food chain and adorned.
I guess she got humbled. She now has made new friends : Mordekaiser, Gragas, Janna, Heimer, Teemo, Sion... Poor thing has only fatasses or small ugly things as male friends.

Eat dirt and die b*tch !

Real champions get picked by summoner and fight in the pit. The others go to tavern drinking watching the former, or stay home.

Kodoku

03-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by rximmortal View Post
Tell me how many heroes can goes on tower on 2 champions kills them and leave ... ( Katarina is very situational character at all)
If either of them have a stun, silence or knockback you will deal no damage and you will die. If they are full health, killing them is impossible unless you're extremely fed (i.e. 20/0 or better) and they have no CC or escape mechanisms (even then it's unlikely). If you're not level 11+, DL will split between multiple targets and do very little damage.

With the recent patch, together with DL's bug being fix, Katarina is far from dead weight. But her ultimate is still too susceptible to CC in order to be a competitive champion, and your input seems disingenuous.

EasymodeX

03-19-2010

It is.

rximmortal is at a decent elo but he's not very relevant in the game. He rolls some folks that forget how to play against Katarina early game, then he isn't very useful through mid and late.

Katarina = playable, but underpowered.