{Discussion} IDK bout YOU but Wheres KATARINA

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Venarial

03-18-2010

Is it me or would other people like to start to see Katarina in games again? She is above all my favorite hero but is almost entirely useless in games and with the coming of the new ninja hero i feel Kat will continue to be overlooked forever.

If anyone has found a viable way to play her let me know i have tried everything but each seems sub par and most useless. Even with her horrible voice attacking id loved to be able to play her again without being harassed about how much she sucks.

rximmortal

03-18-2010

I will tell you something , because i am bored of seeing people to call katarina useless.
1 - Serious Learn to play.
2 - It is all the way you play it. You cant learn her from posting one , two posts here.
3 - Make your own build that is EFFECTIVE. ( for example you have more Kills/ Deaths and you win at end of the game. I am tired of giving my build to forums anymore. )

Yefo

03-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by rximmortal View Post
I will tell you something , because i am bored of seeing people to call katarina useless.
1 - Serious Learn to play.
2 - It is all the way you play it. You cant learn her from posting one , two posts here.
3 - Make your own build that is EFFECTIVE. ( for example you have more Kills/ Deaths and you win at end of the game. I am tired of giving my build to forums anymore. )
Stop pretending that Kat isn't UP. She IS NOT USELESS, I completely agree with you. But stop trying to pull the "I'm gawdly and can win with anybody, therefor nobody is UP" card. She's a one trick pony: Shenpo + Ult. Sure, throw in a 'W' for extra dodge or a dagger toss to try and mop up, but no CC, interuptable ULT, flash can only be used when there is a target, skills don't have good synergy, etc. She is fun to play and CAN be pretty solid, but she is still UP.

edit: Think of it this way... most champs, if they survive a stun, can go back to being useful. However, if Kat is stunned during Lotus in a team fight, she might as well be stunned for the entire duration of Lotus's cooldown length. There are exceptions to this, but for the most part, this is true.

Freddeh

03-19-2010

While I agree that she is UP, I still managed to go 22-5-22 earlier today (out of a team-total 45 kills), basically carrying my team to a win. However that was more because of how bad I was fed early-game, she still is very weak in most situations.

KMontrey

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-19-2010

I've been playing Kat recently. I bought her after her ult's nerf. I really thought she was a lot UP. But, since last patch i've found a way to play her viable. It would take a full post to explain how, but i still i need more games with her before i can say that is a stable way to play her. That said, let's move one to some Kat tips.

First, dont rely too much on her ult. To Buff her ult you will stack some attack damage. Make them worth it all times, not only during death lotus.
Death lotus is perfect for ganking. And only average for team fights, because it make ppl focus CC on you.
You can achieve some insane dodge power with KI and shunpo. Ninja tabi and phantom if enemy team has Physical DPSers.
Disables and magical damage pwnz you. Dont be afraid of buying banshee's and mercury treads.
Skill priority most of the game are: KI- High priority, Shunpo - Medium priority, Dark blade - Low priority. a usually get lvl 1 of all three skill in lvl 3, btw.
My item build usually is: Mercury tread,ninja tabi or aspd boot, Sword of the occult, Frozen Mallet, Bloodthirster or Infinity edge, Phantom dancer. Quicksilver Slash is useful too. And for sumoner's spells exhaust and cleanse. I can't stress enough how CC rapes you. counter it ffs.
That's some tips, there still much to talk about Kat. We shall go on with the discussion or maybe i should make a guide so ppl can test my buid.
(I'm sorry for any grammar mistake in this post, corrections would be appreciate, since im not a native english speaker and i'm really trying to improve my english.)

FortuitusFortune

Master Recruiter

03-19-2010

Played my first game as kat today went 21/11/x with a really poorly set up runebook (Not built for her specific for another champ).

For me it seemed that she REALLY excels early and mid game but even after 3 bloodthirsters I found myself cowering in team fights late game. I found myself more useful just cleaning up runners or BDing while my other 4 team mates were stalling out their tower progression.

Xocolatl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-19-2010

I find that her KI+BB is awesommee. It ruins many carries' days.

Apart from that, getting some CDR and Shunpo around like a mad man/woman is always incredibly fun.

Quick question though--Shunpo is not ground-target, right? (You can only teleport in to attack something, not away from things.)

Too bad I'll never succeed with her. I just don't have the right mindset to play carries.

KMontrey

03-19-2010

KI+BB is really good early game, but improving BB i'll make you have a long CD shunpo and somewhat low lvl KI and thus delaying you carrying potential. And yes, shunpo is not ground targeted, but you can still shunpo away from things as you can target allies. allied minion shunpo has saved me countless times.

rximmortal

03-19-2010

If you think katarina is UP ,than If they make her OP , than i dont think i will need team at all.
She is pretty nice at the moment , you actually can't see the things the way i see them.
I will give u just a short example .
Tell me how many heroes can goes on tower on 2 champions kills them and leave ... ( Katarina is very situational character at all)

Gilthane

03-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by rximmortal View Post
If you think katarina is UP ,than If they make her OP , than i dont think i will need team at all.
She is pretty nice at the moment , you actually can't see the things the way i see them.
I will give u just a short example .
Tell me how many heroes can goes on tower on 2 champions kills them and leave ... ( Katarina is very situational character at all)
Annie, Ryze, Pantheon, Yi, Udyr. Only some examples, also Poppy sometimes. Other champs can dps too, without being a one trick pony.

Edit: I dont think shes UP, shes pretty stable as of right now. But shes too much of a one trick pony to be good against any decent players.