Ryze is too over powered

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Evilpigeon

Adjudicator

08-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiur View Post
The kicker about what you have all suggested to counter ryze is pick hard counters, like kalye... He's being nerfed IIRC next patch. Shouldn't need hard counters in an AoS
Nono Ryze is reasonably countered by anyone with a good disable you just have to go into the fight expecting to be unable to out dps him so you use slows, silences and stuns to discourage him from fighting back. Ontop of that he's quite easy to catch.

Anyway if you're going to say Ryze is Op then so is Fiddlesticks, annie and every other caster. I can flash into a lanefull of people using fiddlesticks and consistently get a double or triple kill. Neither character is overpowered because both crumple like paper on their own. Especially late game where a good carry like Warwick can out lifesteal my ulti -.- despite having 500 Ap

Lolex

08-30-2009

I can see the devs thinking about this "Lich" hero from DotA going: "Hey, people liked to play lich, no? Let's make one for LoL aswell. Oh, and lets boost his ulti alot, since it was soo bad. And this armor **** he had? Let's give him a really good stun instead and some more damage"

Countered by anyone with a disable, maybe, but still..

Evilpigeon

Adjudicator

08-30-2009

Have you noticed that all the heroes in LoL are totally overpowered when compared to DotA? Lvl 25 troll? gimme a break, Jax would eat him.

I reckon I could do the same thing for an other DotA hero you care to name.

FellowerOfOdin

08-30-2009

Ryze is pretty balanced to me. He has two good nukes and a disable, but is very squishy and pretty harmless when his disable is on cooldown. Then again, I always have my Cleanse with me.

Gimpb

08-30-2009

Remember that ryze's abilities are very short range so he's heavily dependent on finding people in the woods or having his team setup nice situations for him. So yeah, if alistar headbutts you into him, yer screwed but it wasn't ryze that screwed you.

The prison also only disables movement and attacking, you can still use abilities.

IS1e7d710a0763eb

08-30-2009

Also note that he is a killer champ. He is quite bad at pushing, defending, lane control, jungling and so on.

He is easy to counter, does not bring alot to teamfights and cant hold a lane on his own...

Tradeoffs..
And the most important thing...
This is not DotA. Champion kills aren't nearly as valuable as they were in DotA, so it's not really an issue if he scores a kill or two, because during the time you are dead, he cant really do any dmg to the lane anyway.
LoL is not about having the hero with the most epic items, it's about destroying the base, and Ryze is not overpowered from a grand perspective... - And this is only in pubs. In tactical games with alot of good players, he isn't that much of a killer at all to be honest. Too many counters to a one trick pony...

To the OP: He might be more deadly then alot of the champions in a 1v1 in the forest, but this does not make him overpowered while looking at the game as a whole. Don't look at kills/deaths and think that's what's important, because it's not.

-Terry

Dyrus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Recruiter

08-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokeeeer View Post
Ryze seems totally balanced, i mean they took Lich from dota gave him a stun, more attack dmg and a scaling nuke... oh and the Ulti can bounce between himself so its good 1v1.

Ryze is Scissors, Jax is Rock and all others are mushrooms...

hahahaha

wtfil

08-31-2009

Ryze is balanced, quite well at that. When I play Ryze(often as I do), I usually drop heroes very quickly like, Rune Prison/Spell Flux or Rune Prison/Overload combos. But after that, their on cooldown. So put it this way, use either combo of attack and then both nukes on cooldown thusly leaving auto attack only modified by Arcane Mastery(though at end game that hits still rather big 200-300 per hit).

So all in all, 2 big hits, once on cooldown or OOM, Ryze is completely vulnerable.

Thusly Ryze = balanced.

AtlasNR

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-31-2009

Agreeing with almost everyone who talks about Ryze being balanced. Quite possible one of the most balanced characters ingame.

Ryze is apparently made of construction paper.

Aspartem

08-31-2009

He's a glasscannon. A good hero but not op. Imo, his biggest asset to a team isn't his dmg, its his prison.