Ryze is too over powered

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Houst

08-29-2009

Well, I don't really know what to say that my title cannot. I personally feel that he is able to do way too much damage in a short amount of time. This combined with his ability to stop you from moving makes him more deadly then any other hero by far. I know that many of the other people I have talked to feel the same way, so I was hoping to be able to voice my opinion as well as the opinion of others.

Zaysus

08-29-2009

I think that train already left the station. Ryze is probably where he should be. He's very, very easy to counter and kill. I know - for instance - that Judicator can activate her invuln bubble while she is imprisoned by Ryze, and any stun/disable is going to seriously cripple him given his paper-like nature and lack of a good defensive ability.

Mizerable

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-29-2009

Well I have seen many topics about Ryze and I would have to say, once you learn how to counter him, he isn't that bad. I feel like if he was nerfed he would be useless. The only problem I have with him is his arcane being able to down towers like no other. I agree he's tough to play against but I do not believe he is OP. Again what Zaysus said there are a few heroes that can easily counter, also you can use your flash spell to get away if you have this unlocked. Another good method is to get the item (Sorry can't remember the name!) That blocks 1 spell every 25 seconds, this is VERY useful in countering him. Hope this helps!

Kamiro

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-29-2009

I almost never have a problem countering Ryze as a Fiddlesticks player. Fear works against him when he traps you, and then you can go on your merry way. Or you can silence him

Woozl

08-29-2009

The only thing I would change about Ryze, if anything, is his cage. Should be a little longer earlier, and a little shorter later.

jokeeeer

08-29-2009

Ryze seems totally balanced, i mean they took Lich from dota gave him a stun, more attack dmg and a scaling nuke... oh and the Ulti can bounce between himself so its good 1v1.

Ryze is Scissors, Jax is Rock and all others are mushrooms...

Houst

08-29-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizerable View Post
Well I have seen many topics about Ryze and I would have to say, once you learn how to counter him, he isn't that bad. I feel like if he was nerfed he would be useless. The only problem I have with him is his arcane being able to down towers like no other. I agree he's tough to play against but I do not believe he is OP. Again what Zaysus said there are a few heroes that can easily counter, also you can use your flash spell to get away if you have this unlocked. Another good method is to get the item (Sorry can't remember the name!) That blocks 1 spell every 25 seconds, this is VERY useful in countering him. Hope this helps!
I was just upset because my team was completely destroyed by him. He is counter able, and his burst damage is the only thing going for him. So I guess he is not to oped, but he is definitely one of the stronger heroes.

Mizerable

08-29-2009

Yeah he is definitely tough, if you don't have a good hero to counter him you gotta hpe your team can outplay him haha.

Aiur

08-29-2009

The kicker about what you have all suggested to counter ryze is pick hard counters, like kalye... He's being nerfed IIRC next patch. Shouldn't need hard counters in an AoS

Redtah

08-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokeeeer View Post
Ryze seems totally balanced, i mean they took Lich from dota gave him a stun, more attack dmg and a scaling nuke... oh and the Ulti can bounce between himself so its good 1v1.

Ryze is Scissors, Jax is Rock and all others are mushrooms...
Nice World of Roguecraft reference, except I really think Master Yi is the scissors, Yi or Warwick.

Really Ryze isn't a game stopper, sure he can kill 1 or 2 heroes if you don't CC/focus him but with a competent team (I know this isn't the usual) hes really very easy to counter. If all else fails just get a banshee veil .