Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Ezreal AD: I hate that guy.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

laundrymonster

03-18-2010

Champion-Ezreal:
Ezreal was born with the gift of magic flowing through his veins. Ezreal, however, was also born with a much stronger sense of wanderlust. Put into school to become a skilled techmaturgist, Ezreal quickly became bored with magical studies. By the time the boy genius was eight years old, he had fully mapped out the underground tunnels of Piltover. The quality of his work was so great that the government of Piltover purchased his maps and salaried his services as Piltover's Grandmaster Explorer. This sealed the deal on Ezreal's path in life - he would eschew the arcane arts in favor of archaeology. Since then, countless of Ezreal's adventures have been written about as romanticized stories.

One of Ezreal's latest adventures, however, has brought him face-to-face with his other legacy - his latent magical power. While exploring the pyramids of Shurima Desert, Ezreal uncovered an Amulet of incredible power. Aside from the sheer size of the amulet (it was made for a being easily twice Ezreal's size), it allows the wielder to control and shape magical energy - provided a source of magic is in the vicinity. This allowed Ezreal to tap into his natural talent for magic without having to put any serious effort into it - a big win for the Prodigal Explorer. The drawback is that for some unknown reason, the amulet is attuned with summoning magic. Without warning, Ezreal may find himself acting as a champion for, as he puts it, ''a summoner hell-bent on resolving some irrelevant world-shattering League conflict.'' Still, Ezreal feels being summoned into a Field of Justice on occasion is a small price to pay.

''There's little time to study musty tomes when you're busy crawling around where the musty tomes originally came from.'' Such is Ezreal's credo.

Champion-Stats

Health- 350 (+80 / per level)
Mana 235 (+45 / per level)
Armor 9 (+3.5 / per level)

Champion-Abilities

Q- Mystic Shot- Ezreal fires a bolt of energy, if it strikes an enemy unit it reduces all of Ezreal's cooldowns by 1 second. Ezreal fires a bolt of energy dealing 40/60/80/100/120 plus 100% of his attack damage as physical damage (applies on-hit effects).

Ezreal's cooldowns are reduced by 1 second if Mystic Shot hits a target.
Cooldown6 secondsCost30/35/40/45/50 ManaRange Global Thoughts: This is an amazing skill for AD Ezreal, it's amazing burst early game, and with it's CDR it lets you spam your other abilities. It will be maxed out first. Oh, and it's Magic Missile.

W- Essence Flux- Ezreal fires a fluctuating wave of energy, damaging and reducing enemy champions attack speed, as well as healing and increasing allied champions attack speed. Ezreal fires a wave of energy that heals all allied champions and damages all enemy champions it passes through for 75/125/175/225/275 (+0.6). Affected ally and enemy champions have their attack speed respectively hasted or slowed by 20/25/30/35/40% for 5 seconds.
Cooldown10 secondsCost80/90/100/110/120 ManaRange Global
Thoughts: A good ability. Allows you to lane with your partner for a good while early game, provides you stacks on your passive if you heal, a good teamfight ability and, if soloing mid, lets you harass over your creeps. Will be leveled up last.

E- Arcane Shift- Ezreal teleports to a target nearby location and fires a homing arrow which strikes the nearest enemy unit. Ezreal teleports to a target nearby location and fires a homing arrow at the nearest enemy unit dealing 80/130/180/230/280 (+0.75) magic damage.
Cooldown17 secondsCost100/100/100/100/100 ManaRange Global Thoughts: Your early-game 'Gank'. It's flash, it's a high-damage ability, and if you spam Q enough, it'll always be up. Will be leveled up second.

R- Trueshot Barrage- Ezreal channels for 1 second to fire a powerful barrage of energy missiles which do massive damage to each unit they pass through (deals 8% less damage to each unit it passes through). Ezreal channels for 1 second to fire a barrage of missiles dealing 350/500/650 (+1) magic damage to each unit it passes through. However, it deals 8% less damage for each unit it hits (Minimum 30%).
Cooldown100 secondsCost150/150/150 ManaRange Global Thoughts: So good.....so so good....scores you kills early game, lets you nab those pesky blue-pillers and, when teamfights comments, lets you turn the tides. Will be leveled up as soon as possible.

Passive: Rising Spell Force- Hitting a target with any of Ezreal's abilities increases his attack speed by 15% for 5 seconds (Max Stacks: 5).

Thoughts:
Why Ezzy is a good AD champ, spamming your moves makes you smack 'em around with that squiggly line more. And trust me, that hurts after a while.

Champion-Total Overview

Ezreal has a lot of promise for an AD champ. He's been called useless late-game because of the lack of AP to power is W, E and R. However, with AD you'll have all of those moves dealing decent damage solely from their base damage. I personally love skill shots and being good as Ezzy depends on if you can ace a Mystic Shot early game enough to feed you kills.

Pros-
High Damage early-game, can run well with no AP items.
Has a great ult.
Can hit invisible/brushed enemies.

Cons-

Eats mana like a fat guy at Golden Coral.
Is slower than a rock.
If he doesn't get kills can be a hinderance late-game.

Skills-Summoner Spells
I use Ignite and Exhaust. Exhaust because it's really really good, and ignite because it scores your early kills before you get Trueshot Barrage.

Likeable Spells-

Teleport-You're slow, you like low amounts of walking.
Clarity-Good to deal with mana.
Clairvoyance-You're a skillshot champ, those few seconds of sight can score you kills.
Heal- What's not to like?

Unlikeable Spells-

Flash- You've got it holmes.
Fortify- Why bother? You're no support champ.
Ghost- Although you can move fast, you've got a built-in flash.

Skills- Masteries

I go 21/0/9. Sunder helps your weak early auto-attacks. And the crit-rate helps you in those, 'lucky' situations.

Skills- Runes

Personally, I don't use runes, I want to buy all of the champs first. ^~^
However, CDR runes will help, I've been told that armor pen. runes also work wonders. I will put this to test once I actually buy some runes. =P

Skills- Ingame Skills

Q (Magic Missile)
E (Flash+1)
Q (Magic Missile)
W (Healing Ray of Death-?-)
After that the progression is R (OMGWTF) > Q (Magic Missile) > E (Flash+1) > W (Healing + Damage + Debuff)

Ingame- Items
Okay, so, we're gonna cover all those pretty little problems Ezzy has.
Start your Jones-y self out with a Meki Pendant and 2 health pots.
Next, build that bauble into a Chalice of Harmony. This will fix your mana, but not permanently. You still gotta be careful. If you have 50 mana you can generally keep up a good spam of Magic Missile once you get Chalice, but before that, conserve.

After chalice you want.
Brutalizer
(Situational)- Sword of the Occult
Mercury's Treads or Boots of Swiftness - Use your best judgment to decide which.
Phage
Frozen Mallet
Black Cleaver

A very sneaky thing about your Q ability. Not only does it do a lot more damage than your AD, but it also applies on-hit effects. Now you have a fantastic chaser, with a ranged slow with a lot of damage. Anyone else smell cookies?

After testing Black Cleaver is the best of the BF sword items to get on Ezreal. You can apply the armor reduction very fast with both your Q and your normal attacks.

(Sit.)- Get sword of the occult only if you have kills already in the bank. Do not assume! Condon has a guide about general gameplay, read it!

Ingame- Strategems of the Explorer

Now, you can handle any of the lanes, so, take your pick. I'll split this up so it's easy to see.

Early Game(Side Lane): Okay, so, you've got yourself a partner. Shoot for a melee champ with a stun if you can, if not, any ganker-type champs are usually the best. Start off in the brush, you dish out a lot of damage early game with your Q. The early game gank usually involves your friend as a meatshield and both of your Summoner Skills.
If no gank is possible, get real friendly with your mouse.

The key to a good Ezreal is harrassment. You're kind of like Kassadin, except you have to aim your shots and they deal a bit more damage.
Stay on the side of your minions, beating on theirs. Any chance you get fire off a Magic Missile, it will eat your enemies health. Usually, they start to run like a chicken without a head after a couple shots. At this point, shoot for them, but don't cry over a miss.
Whatever you do, once you get your flash, do not go OOM. I have died too many times because I harassed instead of survived.

Mid Game (Side Lane): Mkay, so, at this point, if you haven't already, go find a kill. Wherever you can. The thing to do is to flash near them, hit them with your debuff(W) then hit 'em with Q and right click. Exhaust and Ignite as needed but spam your moves whenever you get them, just do it mkay!?
You can push a tower like a mofo and survive like Kassadin on heroine. Play safe, get kills, if your laning, stick with the strategy above, if you're team gets roaming, be bait, you can vanish almost as good as Shaco. Try to lure your opponents into your enemies.

Late Game (Universal): You got kills, you got balls of steel, you hit like a truck and you're getting focused. Now you gotta start using that squishy thing in your head. Do not die! Even now it's a really really bad thing. You gotta keep that snowball growing. Snipe with your ult, push towers, heal your allies, if a teamfight is going down, be there.

Early Game (Middle Lane): You really shine here. You're like ashe, except, with a *****. Stick to the side of your minions and harrass whoever is with you. You can gank before minions but be careful. Use your summoner skills liberally, don't be scared. If you can press your advantages you will wreck the entire game.

Mid Game (Mid Lane): You should have a few more kills than side lanes right now. You're slow, however, so gauge your ganks accordingly. Always be prepared to bail out if things start to get stinky. Keep harassing, be careful, push towers, and snipe with your ult, it will score you kills....tasty tasty kills.

If you're not so Hot: Now, I know everyone has an off game. If this is yours don't panic. Stick with your teammate(s). Harass but never initiate, you're squishy. You will progress up your items slower than a rock glued to the ground but you'll get them. The enemy team will probably get cocky, and that's your time. Use your damage, mobility, and immense range to your advantage here.

The Teamfight:

Don't initiate....just don't do it.
Stay near the back of your group, and wail your moves into the fray. It's hard to be precise, use your summoner skills for that. If the enemy is about 3quarters health(average) move back a little and charge up your ult. Try to hit everyone, it'll help.

Always try to get your W through every champ on the screen. It'll help, a whole lot. Be careful with your port, never get into the fray.

You are squishy! You are not god! You are ranged! REMEMBER THAT!

Final Words:

Now, this is my first guide, and I hope it works. I've been having good results with this, and I think Ezreal is a real boss. Hope you all enjoy. Constructive criticism is always appreciated.

Also, I'm looking for someone to try to squeeze a Sword of the Occult in here, if you can, and do, please tell me how it works! I'm currently trying. But it just won't fit!

Notes: Still in development, will be updated accordingly.

michaelbuchss

03-18-2010

i totally disagree with your guide, and summoner skills. wow are you serious?

First of all double flash is gankage. if you use Arcane shift and then they run, bam use flash and dead.

btw ezreal is not a slow character.

i been testing builds all day, which i wont say my build just for the simple fact that it is straight ripping right now,

but anyone using ezreal go with flash and clarity you wont be disappointed, b/c you can use arcane shift, and then can still catch you. pop the flash.

or in my case. blitz crank is getting played alot, and he pulls you flash out
and arcane shift over a wall or something

God of Life

03-18-2010

Check my guide out. It's completely different. Ezreal is support because of his heal and attack speed boost. Double flash gets you kills. Also those items barely give (IF any) attack dmg, half of them give more Hp...Why...
Check mine out please...Its a bit different but i go 13/0/9 on it.
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=76732

laundrymonster

03-19-2010

Quote:
michaelbuchss:
i totally disagree with your guide, and summoner skills. wow are you serious?

First of all double flash is gankage. if you use Arcane shift and then they run, bam use flash and dead.

btw ezreal is not a slow character.

i been testing builds all day, which i wont say my build just for the simple fact that it is straight ripping right now,

but anyone using ezreal go with flash and clarity you wont be disappointed, b/c you can use arcane shift, and then can still catch you. pop the flash.

or in my case. blitz crank is getting played alot, and he pulls you flash out
and arcane shift over a wall or something

I admit, it was a mistake on my part. I do value double flash, it is nifty and very cool, I just don't use it.

Really? Early game I'm like....the fat kid on gym day.

Anywho, thanks for commenting anyways. I've always stared at my self-created guides wondering how they would hold up. Kind of a test.

I wouldn't steal your build. =P I'm not that much of a jerk. xD

Grinningsphinx

03-19-2010

i stopped reading when you said you dont use runes. This guide is fail in that case. Pls remove and come back when youve got a full page or 10.

Greeneagle

03-19-2010

Quote:
Grinningsphinx:
i stopped reading when you said you dont use runes. This guide is fail in that case. Pls remove and come back when youve got a full page or 10.

im lvl 30 and using tier 1 runes and im doing fine, plus my book isnt even filled. i have a 20+ win/loss difference. however, i cant lie runes do help, but it doesn't mean hate on ppl that dont have runes.

Emergencia

03-20-2010

I play Ezreal a bit different than you but this is a nice guide overall. The runes I use are armor pene runes, health quints (+100 health at level 1 is so lovely) and mana regen on seals/glyhs (which is a free meki pendant at level 1) .Q damage goes a LOT higuer with armor pene runes, the difference is very clear.

Also, I usually get Sword of Occult just after chalice. If I'm last hitting very good or get some kills it's easy to get chalice, boots and sword on 1 go.

Anyway, good guide I liked it. +1

Schn

03-20-2010

Magic missile strikes unerringly. Mystic shot is anything but. You are wrong.

QC Sniper

03-20-2010

Well ignit flash is the best. Im playing him right now a lot and he is really better if you focus on is mystic shot and atk dmg.

My build

Chalice
Brutalizer
Occult
Swiftness
sheen or if your well feeded Bloodthirster

after this stack blood or upgrade sheen to trinity

Runes : Red- Armor penetration
Yellow- depending on what you prefer mana reg/5 lv18 or atk speed
Blue- again mana reg or atk speed but you can also put cooldown reduc this will help a lot but its more costly.

late game you can be like 350 dmg and your Q can do 500dmg (with sheen)
500 dmg every 3 sec or less its a lot of dmg.

A good tactic with him is when you are chased by one champion when your half arcane shot move shot move shot. Lot of people get caugh of guard and boum you kill them.

And for the boots its also your personal choice. Greaves dont really do a difference 25% its not a lot and he dont really need hit cause you focus on mystic shot if you really want to change this build go for cd reduc its will be better. This will happen but its rare that you will be in front and swiftness give you a boost to chase or run. Rageblade is good cause its give you atk speed and ap but like i said earlier you focus on dmg not atk speed or ap but i dont say its bad i just say if you build him atk speed its ok but this build is for dmg and mystic shot.

Ps: i dont say your build is bad or mine is better everyone can play there champion like they want to but some build are for a certain gameplay. Buying some item that are ''good'' doesnt mean its really ''good'' for the gameplay you want to have.

Khranz

03-20-2010

Quote:
michaelbuchss:

Obvious troll is obvious.