Changing Molten Shield

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wana

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-29-2009

We're all familiar with Molten Shield, Annie's E-spell that surrounds her in a veil of magical flames. This veil boosts Annie's armor and spell resistance and damages those who dare to attack her.

Annie players will only take a level of Molten Shield over Incinerate (God forbid taking it over Disintegrate) when their team is gank-oriented, constantly roaming and striking down on enemy champions with burst damage, dots, slows, and stuns. In other words, as it's not really worth it to take a level of Molten Shield over increased burst damage (Unless you're playing stun-support Annie), Molten Shield will never be taken early-game. Late-game Molten Shield's benefits prove useless against spells stacked with AP and physical attacks that critical for over 9000. The only reason to use it is to get closer to or proc Annie's Pyromaniac charge.

SUGGESTION

I suggest that Molten Shield has gives another benefit: mana regeneration. In the duration of Molten Shield, Annie will have increased mana regeneration (Not too much) accompanying her bonus armor and spell resistance.

This gives Molten Shield a place in Annie's early-game, helping her regenerate mana she might have lost by Disintegrating and not killing a minion (common for players new to the MOBA genre) or wasting mana in her efforts to take down an enemy champion (Usually they do something like Flash away or Heal :P).

Gobbles

09-01-2009

I agree with this completely. I think it needs something else. As it stands its not that useful. Even late game, she doesn't get that much life and only a few crits can take her down, which isn't dishing out that much return damage.

Logo

09-01-2009

Mana regen isn't really a issue for Annie so I don't think this would really help her much.

The ability is just a total mismatch. As a nuker with no disable her strength is early game in bursting down opponents. Taking a defensive skill that doesn't help in ganking will always be counterproductive to that.

The only possible change I can think of is if molten shield had some synergy with the ult. Like the bear gets the effects of Annie's current level of molten shield and/or some other offensive stats like more damage.

Gobbles

09-01-2009

Well, I just believe that she needs something else. Whether mana regen or w/e, she needs another skill that works in tangent with her current abilities. One that won't always be overlooked until no more skills can be picked.

Kid Heart

09-01-2009

Perhaps a temporaray boost to AP could prove useful instead? But yeah, I agree that Molten shield is really quite worthless at the moment.

Gobbles

09-01-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Heart View Post
Perhaps a temporaray boost to AP could prove useful instead? But yeah, I agree that Molten shield is really quite worthless at the moment.
I agree. That would fit with her persona as a hero...

Fiery Soul - 5/10/15/20/25% more ability power for 10 seconds. 30 second recast.

...Or w/e. Just a thought.

OctopusDropkick

09-20-2009

Bumping this in agreeement with Annie. The shield is pretty useless in its current incarnation.

FellowerOfOdin

09-20-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobbles View Post

Fiery Soul - 5/10/15/20/25% more ability power for 10 seconds. 30 second recast.

Disagree. Really. +25% AP lets her instagib people, even when it's only for 10 seconds, that's about a whole teamfight.

Woozl

09-20-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobbles View Post

25% more AP seems a little ridiculous, as it would add at least 100AP to a lategame Annie. Perhaps if you changed it to 4/8/12/16/20% more AP to the spell cast it would work, but 25% AP for 10 seconds is equivalent to buying a Zhonya's, as teamfights rarely last more than seven seconds.

Hmmer94

09-20-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wana View Post
We're all familiar with Molten Shield, Annie's E-spell that surrounds her in a veil of magical flames. This veil boosts Annie's armor and spell resistance and damages those who dare to attack her.

Annie players will only take a level of Molten Shield over Incinerate (God forbid taking it over Disintegrate) when their team is gank-oriented, constantly roaming and striking down on enemy champions with burst damage, dots, slows, and stuns. In other words, as it's not really worth it to take a level of Molten Shield over increased burst damage (Unless you're playing stun-support Annie), Molten Shield will never be taken early-game. Late-game Molten Shield's benefits prove useless against spells stacked with AP and physical attacks that critical for over 9000. The only reason to use it is to get closer to or proc Annie's Pyromaniac charge.

SUGGESTION

I suggest that Molten Shield has gives another benefit: mana regeneration. In the duration of Molten Shield, Annie will have increased mana regeneration (Not too much) accompanying her bonus armor and spell resistance.

This gives Molten Shield a place in Annie's early-game, helping her regenerate mana she might have lost by Disintegrating and not killing a minion (common for players new to the MOBA genre) or wasting mana in her efforts to take down an enemy champion (Usually they do something like Flash away or Heal :P).

Even if that shields damages people who atack its pitiful damage... and she stun enemy's so its not like they are forced to atack here ( like say: Rammus ).
So i agree with the regen/armor buffs.

But remove the damage to atacker thing. totally pointless