Extreme Matchmaking Fail

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rokath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

04-14-2010

Yeah this should be fixed prior to nerfing any of the champions!! Make tiers like with the runes, Tier 1 is 1-9, Tier 2 is 10-19 and Tier 3 is 20 to 30. Or could even do tiers with how the masteries play out.

gnmish

04-15-2010

Excellent idea! Im sure some of the poor matches are made due to an inability to find a good match, but I think most people would rather wait the extra 5 minutes rather than spend the next 30 mins in a 10v30 noob stomp.

bamboothief

04-17-2010

yea, matchmaking needs rework

Garandor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-17-2010

Yeah i've encoutnered time when i tried to play with friends and all we end up facing is level thirties. Personally i'd rather wait for soemoen around my experience level rather than just jump in to get my face smashed in. The Tier idea is almost a definite must. As i'm sure this will definately discourage soem new players that just come in get annihilated and decide that they dont like the game.

Rokath

Recruiter

04-19-2010

so I encountered this today doing regular matchmaking. 3 lvl 30s, a 28 and a 26 on the other team. 1 lvl 30 on our team and the rest of the group wasn't even over 20.

Edit: I had an idea about how to get decent games going. Make chat rooms where people can create games, and only people within that range for summoner level can join those channels.

rm you

04-19-2010

I've had the same experience with a bunch of my friends. There are about 12 of us that play on a very regular basis. Most of us even just bought a champion pack because we wanted to support Riot for making such an awesome game and using a payment/free model that makes sense. Well, now a lot of us are rethinking whether we want to support this game, purely based on matchmaking.

I'm currently mid-level (15) and when I solo queue, I often get placed with level 1-5 people who are literally asking me how they are supposed to buy items or are suiciding themselves straight into towers 5 times and then just leaving. God knows how some of them got as high as level 5.

A little while ago when we were around level 5-7, we were getting grouped with people who were 15-20. The skill differential wasn't TOO bad, because all of us had DotA experience so we were moving our way up the ranks, and we figured the matchmaking was one of the things that made LoL better than DotA... But then we realized that all the level 12+ people had flash and tier 2 runes, and we didn't. That meant they could use strategy and juking techniques we literally could not use even if we had the skill, which made a lot of games unbalanced. For a while we would sit there and count how many people had Flash and just sigh.

NOW, when my group of friends plays, we have set restrictions such that if four people are playing in our pre-made, we're "full". All but one or two of us refuse to play in a 5-man pre-made, because of how ****ed we'll be. We only realized recently it is because of the ****ed up ELO system that is used. Even playing in four-man pre-made groups, we usually get paired with someone who is even lower than us (to balance it out?! WTF) and feeds like 0/14, so even if we started doing well, we are screwed because their entire team is fed. Once or twice we are lucky enough to get someone of decent skill as our fourth, or rarely we get our own level 30 with 300+ wins, but even then we end up losing because of the crazy difference in skill level (and usually half of their team is pre-made as well anyway).

**TLDR**:

The matchmaking system is so ****ing broken that it just shouldn't be used, and the way it is now, it tricks people into thinking it is good for the first few levels, they put money into the game, and then find out it basically matches groups of level 1-15 friends (total collective wins < 100) against full teams of 30s (total collective wins > 1000).

[ As an aside to people who say "level doesn't equal skill": FU** YOU. ]

Salivation

04-22-2010

I've been seeing this a lot lately, as well... It's horrible. I've gone into games as level 30, and just got molested by all the dudes on the other team because they are 30 as well... And when I get out of the game, I see that hey... All of my team was level 15 and below. Al of their team is like 30 with 200-300 wins... Or more.

Hraklea

04-23-2010

My friend and I queued together (both lvl 30)...

My team
lvl 30 (me - 233 victories)
lvl 30 (my friend - 237 victories)
lvl 14 (41 victories)
lvl 18 (57 victories)
lvl 14 (36 victories)

Opposing team
lvl 30 (323 victories)
lvl 30 (385 victories)
lvl 30 (581 victories)
lvl 30 (192 victories)
lvl 30 (260 victories)

Seriously, this matchmaking system is stupid, is ridiculous... their 2 worst players were better than our 2 best players.

Sheppardo

04-23-2010

me, lvl 13, other on my team, 22, 22, 13, 12
other team, 22, 22, 22, 29, 13

WHAT THE ****!?

The Sexecutioner

04-24-2010

The matchmaking is just horrendous... You need either a whole premade or you need to solo queue, There's really no middle ground. It's extremely annoying to get paired with a level 16 and 20 as a level 30 while the ENTIRE OTHER TEAM IS LEVEL 30, with 300 wins. I'm not going to play solo because I enjoy playing with friends, and it's becoming obvious that playing anything but a full premade is impossible, so I'm probably just not going to play again until I see that matchmaking is changed. If you can't play with friends without the game itself boning you and a poor low level, then what the **** is the point?

Does it seem like it's been a lot worse lately too, or is that just me?