Extreme Matchmaking Fail

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lumby

04-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrac47 View Post
Yep, same here. Me and a few of my buddies have been into the game for a couple weeks and started getting paired against 30's all the time out of nowhere. We didn't really know much about ELO or how matchmaking worked so we thought we were just really unlucky until it happened every single game and we went like 2-15 in the games we played over a few days. We figured out that the more of us that played together the worse we got destroyed, which is completely ridiculous, what's the point of playing a game if you can't play it with your friends. This is seriously broken and needs to be fixed.
I'm having the same issues. I'm trying to get some friends into this game, and obviously we want to play together, but we are getting put against ridiculous teams. Just last game is was a 4,5,2,6,8 vs all 30's with 100+ wins. How the hell are we supposed to beat that? This is a serious issue with matchmaking now, and its really preventing new players from wanting to stick with the game.

o0 BlackCat 0o

04-05-2010

MATCHMAKING = TERRIBLE

It is true that not all high-level player is strong, but often the other players play a lot better than my team. much more. And it's not good. The summoner level and the people knowledge level sould be separeted. Need for a new system. If you win, you get knowledge XP. If you lose, you lose knowledge XP. The system based on this decision. You play the similar knowledge level(+-5) opponents.

Can not be set somewhere to look the system deeper? I would rather wait for 4-5 minutes before a game, than to suffer for 25-30 minutes, because I get a few idiots allies, and some super strong opponent. I lost the last 9 game, despite2 years on practicing dota, and I am a good player. I will delete the game if you do not change this system is urgent.

quitetroublesome

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

04-05-2010

I've been going through ctrl+f matchmaking and bumping everything. I are pissed. QQLOLRANT. Etc., etc.

Captain Kawaii

04-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0pHat View Post
One hundred percent agreed.

If they want people to recruit friends, why would they discourage friends playing together?

Biggest problem with this game right now.
Exactly!

Salivation

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-06-2010

Agree 100%

Kaedan

04-06-2010

MM is still complete and utter fail.

Last night. Two games in a row that looked like this:

Enemy:
-Level 30 200+ wins
-Level 30 300+ wins
-Level 30 150+ wins
-Random 25+ with 100+ wins
-Random 25+ with 100+wins

My teams:
-Me, level 16 (now 17) with 44 wins (45 now I think)
-Level 10ish with less than 10 wins
-Level 15ish with ~30 wins
-Level 5 with less than 10 wins
-Level <10 with less than 20 wins

I don't know how this can be considered to be a match where we have a 50% chance of winning. It's just plain screwed up.

I don't mind if they make games where everyone has similar ELOs, but they need to put some limiting factors on it. First, they need to make 3 brackets:
21-30
11-20
1-10

Second, they need to fix their ELO system so that just because a newbie has won 5 games he doesn't get paired against a much more experienced player who's just having a bad day.

teeli

04-10-2010

another one

IronMongrel

04-11-2010

I've won about 3 out of my past 15 games.

I don't mind losing, but I don't like wasting my time. Consistently being pitted against people who are over twice my level, an entire team of them, is beyond frustrating.

I love the gameplay of this game, but I absolutely hate playing this game and dread starting it up. The amount of time I devote to it per day has plummeted parallel to the increase of consistency in which I get pitted up against an entire team of level 30s.

It is to the point where I, a level 14, am surprised if there are fewer than 4 level 30s on the opposing team. The fifth is never below 20, and scarcely below 25.

You can say that "player level doesn't equate to skill" all you want, but having a monstrous statistical advantage is completely unacceptable. More experienced players don't need a handicap in their favor.

I'd pay money in pocket to be able to play this free game with people my own level and gameplay experience consistently. I'd cut out my WoW subscription and play this game instead, because the gameplay is fun, and I'd be willing to pay for this aspect of the game to not be broken - I'm that desperate to consistently play decent games again.

I don't mind losing - I don't play to win. What I do mind is wasting my time. If my team has no chance of winning walking in the door, I might as well go AFK and take a walk. It'd be a lot less frustrating and better for my body. I dont think that's something to aspire for in a video game design.

teh internets

04-11-2010

I'm level 15 and I've been experiencing the same problem. I'm not even in an arranged team game but am constantly being paired up with noobs, feeders, etc., and end up surrendering at 25 or losing by 30 minutes. On the other team there is always someone who carries, always better players. WTF is going on? In the past 19 games I've only won 4, every single team I'm on is composed of noobs or feeders. What is going on? I don't even know why I'm still playing, it's miserable.

JediTim

04-14-2010

Seriously, this is ruining this game for me, and obviously a lot of other people. At least 4 times today, I have had a team all within 3 levels of 15 against a composed of people within 5 levels of level 30. I'm playing matchmaking alone, so I shouldn't even have a ELO change! How is this considered fair at all? The teams are grossly imbalanced in skill/runes/masteries and it's quite impossible to win, not hard, impossible, unless like all of their team went AFK at once or something. I agree I don't even want to play anymore this is so incredibly game breaking.

You have a fun game, riot, not for gods sakes fix matchmaking! I would rather spend 5 minutes in queue to get a fair game than 1 minute in queue for that ****!