Singe toss

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ohaidere

08-29-2009

This is definitely one of the ****tier skills in LoL. I don't know what RIOT was thinking, but the mechanics are so ridiculously retarded.

First off, you need to literally touch the enemy in order to be in range to toss. Countless times, I'll be right behind the enemy trying to toss.. I mean RIGHT BEHIND the enemy. Practically hugging him. And it still does not go off.

Second, you made it too noob friendly, in terms of making the toss going in the direction opposite of what he is facing. This is retarded, not being able to control where to toss.

My suggestion.
His skills are good. They synergize pretty well. Synergize it some more by allowing Singe to control his toss. Much like Tiny from DotA. So you can actually throw the enemy into your team. Or somewhere useful. Expand the initiating range. Just a little bit. So you don't have to be giving the enemy a blow job before he gets tossed. This would work well. I can see some nice use of pre applying his slowing goo and then tossing the enemy into it. Etc etc.

Commodore Frank

Adjudicator

08-29-2009

Um...the majority of people consider toss to be one of the best initiation skills in the game, since you effectively single out one person for your team to destroy. If you're in a team battle, generally your team is at your back, and if you run up and toss somebody, they're going right toward your team.

ohaidere

08-29-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commodore Frank View Post
Um...the majority of people consider toss to be one of the best initiation skills in the game, since you effectively single out one person for your team to destroy. If you're in a team battle, generally your team is at your back, and if you run up and toss somebody, they're going right toward your team.
Of course its one of the best initiation skills. A guy that can go rambo into a group of people and throw one back, is in essence a great initation skill. Thats not the point I'm trying to make. I could care less, if it can initiate a fight. ****, a tryndamere can spin into a group of enemys and do his shout, thats also a great initiator. Does that mean that tryndamere is fine as is? No. That is off topic.

I'm speaking about the mechanics of it. How unskillful, how boring, how retarded it is. Afterall, RIOT is aiming for a competitive play game correct?

Commodore Frank

Adjudicator

08-29-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohaidere View Post
I'm speaking about the mechanics of it. How unskillful, how boring, how retarded it is. Afterall, RIOT is aiming for a competitive play game correct?
Competitive != Complexity

Jozrael

QA Analyst

Follow Jozrael on Twitter

08-29-2009

Ohaidere: I get the exact opposite reaction from the same data. I find it far LESS noob friendly to have it go directly behind u. It introduces a lot of skill in knowing both A: when to throw them, how to position it, and B: as the opponent, where you have to avoid being at all costs so you don't get tossed perfectly.

Also, I prefer the combo of goo, then toss. Makes it a lot easier ;D

Bregan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-29-2009

i disagree with op on all points with exception of also being in the situations of RIGHT ****ING BEHIND THEM I COULD BORK THEM IN THE ASS but he still doesnt fling them.

Lead Farmer

08-29-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bregan View Post
i disagree with op on all points with exception of also being in the situations of RIGHT ****ING BEHIND THEM I COULD BORK THEM IN THE ASS but he still doesnt fling them.
+1, the skill is awesome (fav in game) but in is non-responsive way to often.

ohaidere

08-29-2009

Well, tossing is always good.

But have any of you really truly played Tiny from DotA? How he could toss the enemy anywhere. If he was getting ganked, he could toss them away. He could initiate a fight by tossing them to his teammates. A lot of diversity going on with the action of being able to choose where your enemy should land.

Especially with blink dagger coming soon, I'd love to be able to control where to toss.

Gimpb

08-29-2009

Goo em then toss em back in the goo when they finally get out.

Yep, that usually does it.

(toss is fine)

Lead Farmer

08-29-2009

Didn't tiny throw an ally to do aoe dmg?