Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

How can I optimize this Gangplank?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zarhon

03-18-2010

I'm currently lvl 23 and I've been playing Gangplank pretty successfully, but I'm having a few doubts regarding my personal build and runes and how to optimize it for the inevitable lvl 30 epic pirate/ninja duels.... Can any of the pro pirates help out?

Mastery: 21 offense (with exhaust improved), 9 utility (1/1 greed, 3/3 good hands, 1/3 perseverance, 4/4 awareness)

Spells: Flash & Exhaust

Runes (Runebook not filled yet, most are temporary/tier 2, several few tier 3):

Marks -> all crit-dmg
Seals -> 5x crit chance, rest crit-damage
Glyphs -> all cooldown reduction
Quint -> crit dmg + temporary hp regen

Item build I almost always use:

mana gem + hp potions -> boots of swiftness -> sheen -> cloak -> vamp scepter when possible -> BFS or mining pick -> I.E. -> phage -> trinity force -> bloodthirster/starks/whatevers needed.

Skill leveling: Focus on parrrley and remove scurvy, taking cannons when availiable, taking raise morale after parrley and scurvy maxed.

Now my questions:

1) Should I replace/update the crit damage marks and quints with armor penetration marks/quints? (so its 9x armor pen marks and 3x armor pen quints at lvl 30)

2) Should I go 5x seals of critchance + 4x dodge seals (for better early game), or go 9x dodge seals?

3) Should I include "last whisper" and/or "sword of the occult" into my item build, and how/when? Is early sheen and vampiric scepter worth taking over mp regen?

4) Is there anything else I could do that could improve the build? Any crippling mistakes/flaws in the build?

5) What other champions are viable to play with these runes/masteries (for when Gang gets taken)?

P.S. I solo queue mostly, and play as parrley nuker / push & teamfight supporter / tower defender

P.P.S. Gang > Shen. He has a blunderbuss.

P.P.P.S. Riot needs to make a demon/zombie pirate skin.

Amivy

03-18-2010

http://www.leaguecraft.com/strategies/guide/124,Heat+n+Serve%27s+advanced+Gangplank+gameplay+discussion

wildfire393

03-18-2010

Armor Penetration is always more effective than Crit Damage. Crit damage is never worthwhile.

Also 21 in offense is very meh. I would strongly suggest 9/0/21