New item for Katarina

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SgtShock

03-17-2010

Anyone test the new sword of the occult on Kat? Because all it provides is raw damage it seems like it would benefit Attack Damage builds. However, I'm not sure if its the best pair with bloodthirster. The penalty for dying may be too high. Thoughts?

FROM WINNIPEG

03-17-2010

Yeah if you want a limp shunpo and auto attack people to death... AP kat is the only way to fly.

littleevil

03-17-2010

i think the new way of playing kat is boots rylai zhonya and voidstaff?

Sunstrike

03-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bledryn View Post
Yeah if you want a limp shunpo and auto attack people to death... AP kat is the only way to fly.
Theres plus an minuses to both builds.

Ap kat has rylais slow, which is incredibly awesome, AD builds give you much better farming and tower pushing ability, and gives you something to do while waiting on cooldowns in a teamfight (not that you'll be doing that alot mind you).

I've currently been playing:

-dorans shield
-occult + sorc shoes
-2x BF
-survivability (if needed)
-bloodthirsters
-survivability for the rest.

A fully stacked occult is equivalent to just over 2+ BF swords, for less than the price of one. I think with around 10 stacks and 2 BF swords you hit 300 or so AD, resulting in +150 per dagger death lotus (which hurts ALOT) 300-400 (after resistances) bouncing blades, 500-600 crit auto attacks and 200 or so damage on a shunpo.

Seems to do more damage overal than an AP build (for cheaper to, considering the 2 BFs and occult are just a bit more than rylais + mejaj) but again, lacks the godliness of the rylai slow (also lacks on early survivability).