Lich Bane and other q's

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DiffTheEnder

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-22-2011

Hey,
I know there are quite a few threads like this already but I have a few questions that I would like answered. Thanks!

1) The 3 second cooldown on Lich Bane, what does it mean? Does it mean that after I use an ability, that if I attack within 3 seconds, I get the bonus AP damage? Or does it mean that it can only proc every 3 seconds, so no matter how many abilities I use, LB only comes into effect every 3 seconds? Can I just spam Hate Spike with Evelynn (CD of less than 1 second) and proc LB endlessly?

2) Another LB question - I read somewhere that you can proc its passive with different abilities. Eg. Use your Q ability, then attack for the proc, then use your E ability, then attack. It said that if I do this even under 3 seconds, I will get 2 procs. Is this true?

3) The proc on LB is physical damage? Just to make sure.

4) When you have an item such as Trinity Force where it's components have passives. Eg. Phage and Sheen. After you finish Trinity Force, would those passives still be in play? Another example would be Heart of Gold and Randuin's - would I still get the gold regen after I finish Randuin's?

5) Lifesteal - Let's say I have Stark's Fervor for Ashe (20% Lifesteal). If my base damage is 200 and I'm hitting crit's for 400. 20% of 200 is 40 and 20% of 400 is 80. When I hit an enemy, is this what I'm healing for? Or is it taken after armor reduction is counted. So if I was hitting some tank with Thornmail on, would I be healing for less?

6) Does anyone know the standard gold regen for yourself? Like when you're just standing still doing nothing, the gold counter goes up at around 1 gold per second. Anyone know the exact value for this?

7) Attack speed and Mov. speed - When I buy items that say 40% bonus AS/MS, is it on top of my base speed or my current speed?

8) Armor and Magic Resist - Are the damage reduction % in these calculated by:
Armor/(100+Armor) and MR/(100+MR)? If so, it is exponentially harder to reduce damage on yourself. If that is the case, why do some tanks stack armor or MR beyond 300? Isn't it very inefficient?

That's about it.
Thanks for your patience in answering in advance!

Krynus

05-22-2011

8) Armor and Magic Resist - Are the damage reduction % in these calculated by:
Armor/(100+Armor) and MR/(100+MR)? If so, it is exponentially harder to reduce damage on yourself. If that is the case, why do some tanks stack armor or MR beyond 300? Isn't it very inefficient?

so from what i hear 100 Armor / MR is equal to 50% reduced dmg so 200 = 75% and 300 87.5%
normally tanks will balance them out, unless your vs. an all ap or ad team

4) When you have an item such as Trinity Force where it's components have passives. Eg. Phage and Sheen. After you finish Trinity Force, would those passives still be in play? Another example would be Heart of Gold and Randuin's - would I still get the gold regen after I finish Randuin's?

you lose the GP5 on randiums, but when you build the TF you can see that it still has the slow from phage and a buffed version of sheens proc

1) The 3 second cooldown on Lich Bane, what does it mean? Does it mean that after I use an ability, that if I attack within 3 seconds, I get the bonus AP damage? Or does it mean that it can only proc every 3 seconds, so no matter how many abilities I use, LB only comes into effect every 3 seconds? Can I just spam Hate Spike with Evelynn (CD of less than 1 second) and proc LB endlessly?

the bonus dmg has a cooldown, so you try to space out abilites to maximize on heroes that have longer cooldowns then hate spike. like on blitz for example, you rocket grab, proc auto, wait, knockup proc auto attack, wait, ect....

Kalshazzak

05-22-2011

1) you have to wait 3 seconds after lich bane procs on an auto-attack to be able to activate another Lich Bane proc from an ability.(going by your eve example, HS-lich, HS, HS, HS, HS-lich would be how it would work.

2) the timer is in effect no matter if it is the same or a different ability that triggers it

3) Yes

4) what is in the items discription is what the item does, nothing more nothing less. So passives from build in items that don't exist in the newer items description are not in effect.(like HoG's)

5) Life steal is calc'd after armor.

6) I want to say it's 12-15 gold per 10 seconds.

7) Base, although any flat MS (like from boots) is added to your base for the % calc.

8) That calc is looking at how it impacts your enemies. Really 1 armor/mr = 1% more MAX hp. so technically armor/mr is more efficient of a stat.(doing ar/mr vs hp from base stats) Just it's bad to stack that high because that means your hp pool suffers and LW/Void Staff is going to make more of your money wasted. IE, you buy 300 armor to deal with Yi which he then gets a LW and makes 40% of your money spent on armor go down the tube.(so in this example, almost 2000g spent on nothing against Yi - the reason you wanted the armor.)

JohnCataldo

05-22-2011

Going beyond 300 armor or MR is almost definitely wrong for anyone, but I've only very rarely seen people even hit 300.

The easiest way to THINK about armor is that every 1 armor adds 1% of your base health, but only against physical damage (similar for MR/magic). This is exactly the same as the damage reduction formulas, which make it look like diminishing returns, but there's no such thing really -- no matter how much armor you have, getting 1 more armor adds 1% of your base health vs. physical damage. Which isn't the whole story either:

Against physical:
1000 health, 500 armor => 6000 health (+500% from the armor, or 1000 base + 5000 from armor)
2000 health, 0 armor => 2000 health
2000 health, 100 armor => 4000 health
2000 health, 200 armor => 6000 health
2000 health, 300 armor => 8000 health
3000 health, 100 armor => 6000 health

I've emphasized a couple of interesting cases that end up being the 'same' effective health. But in reality, the 3000 health, 1000 armor is better because not all damage is physical. The extra health works against magic damage, of course, and there's true damage as well (in every game, since Lizard buff does true damage).

So getting truly gigantic MR or armor is silly, because after a certain point health is more effective (even against the specific type, i.e. armor vs. physical). Against a team that does almost all one type of damage, stacking that resist IS a great idea, as long as you are getting health as well. (This is why Banshee's Veil is often a better option than the higher MR item Force of Nature, ignoring both of their passives -- Banshee's gives health, FoN doesn't.)

mana montana

05-22-2011

bansee's also gives a super op spell shield that hurts alot of bursty champs even ad champs such as ashes ult.

DiffTheEnder

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-23-2011

Thanks a lot for the replies! Helps me 1up my gameplay