Teemo Queue Dodge?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EasymodeX

03-18-2010

Quote:
I'm going to ignore the fact it's Teemo and say any squishy champion should NEVER get Cleanse.
Errr. Cleanse enables squishy champs that have escape abilities to use those escape abilities before they die.

Tanks should be packing treads and generally have less need for cleanse, unless it is to counter something that counters their mechanic (aka lifesteal tank Sion gets Cleanse to counter ignite / heal debuffs).

Quote:
wasn't one of the main reasons AP Builds were shot down for Teemo was because everyone got Mercury's Treads and they reduced the power of the shrooms due to the CC reduction?
The main reason Teemo is shot down is because his core functionality can be replaced by a bit of gold and a summoner spell. And Blind only counters a few specific things. Merc treads on shrooms is/was simply a double whammy that was even more epic lulz.

Zerethon

03-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by VespaVictim View Post
I'm not sure why Teemo gets placed in the underpowered seats a lot. Yeah if you try to build him like a physical DPS carry like Tristana or even Ashe to some degree, he's not going to be as great

But with the change to where CC on powers is seperated from the damage of the powers, Teemo got a pretty silent buff, in fact, wasn't one of the main reasons AP Builds were shot down for Teemo was because everyone got Mercury's Treads and they reduced the power of the shrooms due to the CC reduction?

This, I build a goofy Teemo with AD/Speed and a sheen/Lichbane/Triforce

Why? Drop a shroom, autoattack hits for scary damage, blind, same thing, Move quick even does it

Still a fairly Weak champ compared to others, but he is quite fun to play here&there

VespaVictim

03-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasymodeX View Post
The main reason Teemo is shot down is because his core functionality can be replaced by a bit of gold and a summoner spell. And Blind only counters a few specific things. Merc treads on shrooms is/was simply a double whammy that was even more epic lulz.
So Exhaust and some wards, I'm guessing, to duplicate his uses. Or Oracles to actually see his mushrooms?

I agree Blind isn't as good as Exhaust, but Blind carries a fairly decent damage contribution when going AP. And what's to say Teemo can't pick up Exhaust as well for the armor and resist reductions as well?

Beyond this, though, is the utility of Teemo in general. You've got a movespeed boosted scout (Before boots are factored in), dropping Mushrooms on both sides of the map if he's any good. There is nothing more mentally shattering than walking into your own forest and stepping on a Teemo mushroom. It creates paranoia.

If the Teemo is real good (Which I'm not but can appreciate) They can keep track of which mushrooms have vanished and immediately know if someone is going for golem, or dragon, or nash, etc.

Information is key, I suppose, and I just dont understand how the second best information gathering character in the game (Next to Twisted Fate's map reveal) is relegated to a much lower tier

EasymodeX

03-18-2010

Quote:
but Blind carries a fairly decent damage contribution when going AP.
Irrelevant. Most other champs you replace Teemo with will have a Q that has "fairly decent damage contribution".

Quote:
And what's to say Teemo can't pick up Exhaust as well for the armor and resist reductions as well?
Overpicking autoattack counters. The armor and magic debuffs aren't a big factor.

Quote:
You've got a movespeed boosted scout (Before boots are factored in),
Pointless -- the map is too small, objectives too proximate (and lane-staying too irrelevant) for this aspect of Teemo to be valuable in the current game.

Quote:
dropping Mushrooms on both sides of the map if he's any good.
Wards, the end. Irrespective of any champion pick. Buy wards, place wards. Larger sight range and they don't give away the fact that you know the enemy is there.

Quote:
There is nothing more mentally shattering than walking into your own forest and stepping on a Teemo mushroom. It creates paranoia.
Good players don't get mentally stressed by gimmicks.

Quote:
If the Teemo is real good (Which I'm not but can appreciate) They can keep track of which mushrooms have vanished and immediately know if someone is going for golem, or dragon, or nash, etc.
Wards, the end. Sidenote: it doesn't take a "real good" Teemo. It takes a competent player that knows wtf their minimap is.

Quote:
Information is key, I suppose, and I just dont understand how the second best information gathering character in the game (Next to Twisted Fate's map reveal) is relegated to a much lower tier
The only relevance of Teemo that is not highly replaceable is that he can autoattack something. Pretty much any ranged champ in the game can autoattack just as well. I mean, you can go DPS Soraka and surpass Teemo's relevance in a game, literally.

Edit: Oh wait, that means his autoattacking is replaceable .

Zelenka

03-18-2010

I think it all comes down to how he is played. The more I play Teemo, the better I get (obviously) and I don't know how many times I have saved people trying to run away by running in and blind darting someone so they can get away that much easier. I'm sorry, CD for blind dart < exhaust. Duh. And the speed boost he gets is great when trying to chase down champs running away. Flash + Exhaust = Dead against Teemo. And I love nothing more than stealthing in the bushes and having people run right over me and ganking them from behind. Sure, there might be other champs out there that would be a better pick than Teemo, but you can say that about a lot of champs. I'm okay with people thinking he is worthless because then they underestimate me. "Oh? You want to chase me? ... Boom! Mushroom... Boom! Mushroom." Half health at that point and with my lifesteal, I can down someone faster than they can down me and I can run away before I get ganked.

So, go ahead, keep hating Teemo. Just means I can take my time picking him and surprise my team when I actually know how to play.

Jravolta

03-18-2010

It's funny when people don't know that the damage from mushrooms doesn't stack when you hit multiple ones close to each other. Today, in the side lane bushes, I ran into about 12 mushrooms in a row as Kayle. I turned myself invincible so I could be the minesweeper.