Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Runes for Jax?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ultimatnoob

Recruiter

03-17-2010

I fell in love with Jax last week, and just bought him. I am making him my main now, and was wondering what runes would be best.

Heres what I'm thinking.

Reds: Armor Pen or Attack speed- I would just do A.Pen, but with Jax's Ult I was thinking maybe AS is better

Yellows: Strait HP or dodge or Armor or MR...
Not really sure here. Would do dodge, but it gets diminishing returns

Blues: CD or strait Mana, or maybe half of each

I usually play mostly AD, with some AP, and maybe end game a banshee or guardian angel, depending on how long it goes and who I'm against.

Quints: No idea really, possibly strait health, maybe AS, thought about doing something like 2% xp, but I'm open to any suggestions here.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EnderA

03-18-2010

In my opinion:

Marks: Very debatable. Armor Pen or attack speed would probably be best, although magic pen isn't terrible.
Seals: Dodge, for sure.
Glyphs: Several choices, either Flat CD (all around bonus,) AP (for extra early game punch on the spells,) AP/lvl (for bonus damage on all skills,) MR or MR/lvl (both increasing survivability, good considering Jax is partly a tank.) I prefer Flat CD.
Quints: Two Dodge quints and something else. I like Flat HP. Why not 3 dodge quints? Because dodge bonuses from runes are capped at 10%.

Having 9.75% Dodge (+ 2% from masteries and later a bonus from the skill) to start is a *huge* bonus for Jax. Other than that, it's up in the air, since he's a fairly diverse champion with several possible effective builds.