3/18/10 - v1.0.0.79 Ezreal Guide, The Best and Weirdest Guide Out There!!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

God of Life

03-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nave222 View Post
most AP i ever got was 200 and was rather squish and got nom'd fast
and i cant do much dmg when its in CC

ezreal is similar to my kayle in terms of hybrid im just trying to find the right hybrid and so far pure AP hasnt 'wow'd me just so so stats

but i do notice a difference but its kinda 'ARGGGH' when they are running and all moves on CD and u hit them with auto and they have a tiny sliver of hp left knowing if it was a bit higher they be deadddddd

*edit*

I try to go tear, sheen, nashor, deathgrasp, lastwisp or guinsoo ( havent determined which is better yet) and some HP item at somepoint with the appropirate boots

if i dont get distracted or side tracked this is how i try to build usually go off build of what i wanna try...

Okay well, if you havent gone defense for your squishyness that is a GOOD strat for Ezreal. This is because Ezzy is usually aimed at first and killed. Now i wouldnt expect you to get this, but with all my runes i start out with 25 Ap early game (Level one before i get any items) now this helps me all throughout my game and is a great bonus.
Well your trying to go Hybrid, which is a good option, but it's a bit to much when your thinking about his skills. I choose to stack Ap because some of my Items gives reduced Cd and i can get down to about 4 second Cds on my Essence Flux and with 600-700 Ap i can do a ton of dmg every 4 seconds. If you go my exact guide and spend an average of 3k ip on runes you wont be stopped compared to Ap stats. Hope you try this out and have fun.

Razr

03-19-2010

TL; DR: I'm picking apart God Of Life's rune choices and recommending you go with Magic penetration instead of straight AP.

Mystic Shot: No AP Ratio unless Lich Bane is built; then it is 1:1.
Essence Flux: 0.6 AP Ratio.
Arcane Shift: 0.75 AP Ratio.
Trueshot Barrage: 1:1 AP Ratio.

Now, according to your guide, 25 AP will add...15 damage/healing to Essence Flux, ~19 damage to Arcane Shift, and 25 damage to Trueshot Barrage. Now, this damage amount stays constant throughout the entire game; you will see no increases from your runes outside of those numbers which to be frank, will not make or break a team fight. However, let's look at Magic penetration runes:

15.2 Magic resist ignored at all times, not including Quints which would come to about...21 magic resist ignored at all times. Now most champions have around 30 magic resist without items, and IIRC your magic resist doesn't scale; you need to buy items to increase it. 30 magic resist comes out to roughly 24% magic damage reduction; with the Magic Penetration runes, you'd be dealing with 9 magic resist, or 9% magic damage reduction.

Now let's compare the Magic Penetration rune setup to your 25 AP rune setup using rank 1 of all spells with an AP ratio.

25 AP rune setup:

Essence Flux: 75 damage/healing + (25 * 0.6) = 90 Damage/healing * 0.24 (average magic damage reduction) = 21.6 damage lost.
Arcane Shift: 80 damage + (25 * 0.75) = 99 damage * 0.24 = 23.76 damage lost.
Trueshot Barrage: 350 damage + 25 = 375 damage * 0.24 = 90 damage lost.

21 Magic penetration setup:

Essence Flux: 75 damage/healing * (0.09 magic damage reduction after magic penetration) = 6.75 damage lost.
Arcane Shift: 80 damage * 0.09 = 7.2 damage lost.
Trueshot Barrage: 350 damage * 0.09 = 31.5 damage lost.

Here's the end result:

Essence Flux damage: ~68 damage done for AP, ~68 damage done for Mpen
Arcane Shift damage: ~75 damage done for AP, ~71 damage for Mpen
Trueshot Barrage damage: ~285 damage done for AP, 318.5 damage for Mpen

As you can see the numbers are slightly tilted in AP's favor, however there is one crucial thing that you cannot forget: AP does not scale. As your AP increases the difference will also increase in Magic Penetration's favor simply because your opponent will be mitigating less damage from you. So AP runes, although good in the early game, are outshined by Magic Penetration everywhere else. Other than that your guide looks alright, even though I'm more partial to an AP/DPS Ezreal myself. I'll try this one out however I fear it's banking too much on getting a ton of AP and rushing a Lich Bane so you have 1:1 scaling on Mystic Shot.

God of Life

03-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razr View Post
TL; DR: I'm picking apart God Of Life's rune choices and recommending you go with Magic penetration instead of straight AP.

Mystic Shot: No AP Ratio unless Lich Bane is built; then it is 1:1.
Essence Flux: 0.6 AP Ratio.
Arcane Shift: 0.75 AP Ratio.
Trueshot Barrage: 1:1 AP Ratio.

Now, according to your guide, 25 AP will add...15 damage/healing to Essence Flux, ~19 damage to Arcane Shift, and 25 damage to Trueshot Barrage. Now, this damage amount stays constant throughout the entire game; you will see no increases from your runes outside of those numbers which to be frank, will not make or break a team fight. However, let's look at Magic penetration runes:

15.2 Magic resist ignored at all times, not including Quints which would come to about...21 magic resist ignored at all times. Now most champions have around 30 magic resist without items, and IIRC your magic resist doesn't scale; you need to buy items to increase it. 30 magic resist comes out to roughly 24% magic damage reduction; with the Magic Penetration runes, you'd be dealing with 9 magic resist, or 9% magic damage reduction.

Now let's compare the Magic Penetration rune setup to your 25 AP rune setup using rank 1 of all spells with an AP ratio.

25 AP rune setup:

Essence Flux: 75 damage/healing + (25 * 0.6) = 90 Damage/healing * 0.24 (average magic damage reduction) = 21.6 damage lost.
Arcane Shift: 80 damage + (25 * 0.75) = 99 damage * 0.24 = 23.76 damage lost.
Trueshot Barrage: 350 damage + 25 = 375 damage * 0.24 = 90 damage lost.

21 Magic penetration setup:

Essence Flux: 75 damage/healing * (0.09 magic damage reduction after magic penetration) = 6.75 damage lost.
Arcane Shift: 80 damage * 0.09 = 7.2 damage lost.
Trueshot Barrage: 350 damage * 0.09 = 31.5 damage lost.

Here's the end result:

Essence Flux damage: ~68 damage done for AP, ~68 damage done for Mpen
Arcane Shift damage: ~75 damage done for AP, ~71 damage for Mpen
Trueshot Barrage damage: ~285 damage done for AP, 318.5 damage for Mpen

As you can see the numbers are slightly tilted in AP's favor, however there is one crucial thing that you cannot forget: AP does not scale. As your AP increases the difference will also increase in Magic Penetration's favor simply because your opponent will be mitigating less damage from you. So AP runes, although good in the early game, are outshined by Magic Penetration everywhere else. Other than that your guide looks alright, even though I'm more partial to an AP/DPS Ezreal myself. I'll try this one out however I fear it's banking too much on getting a ton of AP and rushing a Lich Bane so you have 1:1 scaling on Mystic Shot.
Well you have definitely thought this through. Though thought most likely right ( Not entirely sure ) i still take Ap over MPen for the early game advantage. With this advantage you can easily take the kills you need for any items you may need. Most likely people wont stack Magic Resist, because they either think you are a newb or they think your weak. So Imo Getting Ap Runes is definitely my choice over Mpen, because of this bonus. But you can go Mpen if you so choose, my guide is just a border and base line for improvements anywhere. Thanks

Nave222

03-19-2010

I tried W first and it failed horribly, 80 mana per shot is a tad expensive with such a small mana pool even with a booster, pot or regen

I also tried AD/AP hybrid of the sorts and it turned out quite well

God of Life

03-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nave222 View Post
I tried W first and it failed horribly, 80 mana per shot is a tad expensive with such a small mana pool even with a booster, pot or regen

I also tried AD/AP hybrid of the sorts and it turned out quite well
Well, the thing about W is you have to know your lane partner. If you dont then its wise to get Q. But, if you do, then definitely get W and call ganks to heal or destroy your opponents without the worry of minion interference. The only bad thing about W is it is a tad expensive and should be used conservatively, because of the high mana cost. Also an AD/AP is alright, just not my way to play.