3/18/10 - v1.0.0.79 Ezreal Guide, The Best and Weirdest Guide Out There!!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LordWalmart

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-18-2010

Good guide I like it.

I've VERY impressed with how gracefully you deal with the trolls and self proclaimed gurus whining that "you cant make a guide yet its too early" or "you cant make a guide without atleast 50 wins wah wah wah "

I like this defensive tree idea.

I've been having major issues with getting focus fired right away like you said would happen.

I have two questions. I'm not an amazing nor experienced Ezreal at all but I'm curious to hear your rationale.

Why nashors tooth? this build doesnt have much physical dmg so isnt the attack speed wasted?
Maybe deathfire instead for the mana and cd?

How about an earlier sheen? It buffs the mana pool bigtime and makes lvl 1 Q hit pretty hard because of the on hit effect?

God of Life

03-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordWalmart View Post

I have two questions. I'm not an amazing nor experienced Ezreal at all but I'm curious to hear your rationale.

Why nashors tooth? this build doesnt have much physical dmg so isnt the attack speed wasted?
Maybe deathfire instead for the mana and cd?

How about an earlier sheen? It buffs the mana pool bigtime and makes lvl 1 Q hit pretty hard because of the on hit effect?

Okay, now first off thank you for being cool and asking question. Always happy to. Now, let's get down to your question. About Nasher's Tooth. First off, it gives attack speed which isn needed but is useful during combat. Nasher's also gives a good amount of AP for its type, also the MP5 Is great early game. The Cd reduction is just an added bonus which is very helpful when you get around 500-700 Ap and you can nuke with 3 second CD spells. See you could use Deathfire but then you rely only on the fact that they can't stack Magic Resist. If you get Deathfire you get 5 more MP5, but less Cd reduction which can hurt in the end. I usually don't notice much of a difference with Deathfire's Grasp anyway. In the end it's all up to you though. Well Sheen is an option, but Q has a downfall. Yes, it hits minions, which late game is dangerous for anyone who knows hide behind minions because of an Ezreal. Although that is why we have gotten Lich bane inside our Item list. For its 100% Ap in damage, so rushing sheen would be a GREAT idea unless you felt it needed. If you have any other questions please ask me and ill do my best to answer them

Suffocation

03-19-2010

dps>ap

God of Life

03-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suffocation View Post
dps>ap

In my defense. It's not better, because Ezreal only has one move that makes your AD better in some way, and even then that move can hit minions making it highly likely not to hit when they are hiding behind minion waves. With Ap you could use Q and do a decent amount of dmg and also killing people with massive Ap, trust me AP works better.

Nave222

03-19-2010

Ive been trying to find a good build that fits me and been looking through numerous ideas/guides/vids

i think im more a hybrid of AD and AP

I tried AP build its good though its not good for constant damage and or auto attacking when your either out of mana or on CD

I start off with Q simply because its cheap in mana price
W costs 80? mana at the beggning and with a small mana pool it just seems like a meh choice. It could turn out well it could turn out bad just depends on gameplay

ive tried guinsoo on him and with his passive it usually keeps me at a 1.7 attk speed with nashors ( i think )

I aim for tear first for mana then just work on damage/AP

I want to try sheen,nashor, last whisp, some boot and or a hp dmg item or ap hp item

going to test that today when i get a chance
though i just find AP builds to be lacking when you are on CC

i mean they do well just not good enough when ur on CC imo

xahhfink6

03-19-2010

Ok,I would appreciate if you actually learned what runes do before including them in a "guide"

You have ABSOLUTELY NO MPEN. (No, you are never going to get that void staff) Your masteries are terrible, because rather than increasing your 1600 hp by 4% you should be increasing your damage by 5-10% by taking archaic knowledge! Also, you will be doing MUCH more damage with mpen marks, and maybe even quints.

The fact that this guide has almost no hp, mp, mpen, def, or MR means that you will lose to any character that builds so much as a mercury treads or chalice.

I wish I could -1 more than once

Kantofta

03-19-2010

I won't agree on everything you said in the quide, and i think that you should atleast get archaic from offence and some magic pen runes, as pen runes are in general THE BEST way to improve damage, be it magic or physical damage. That said, I find you're guide well written, and loads of good ideas... I also like the defensive tree idea. And I must also say that you deal with trolls in a good manner. You strictly don't need "atleast 50 games with a champion" to write a guide. If you got the essence of the game on a higher lvl play, you will see what works and what doesn't pretty fast...if you need 50 games for that you're just slow, or haven't played much before. Keep up the good work.

God of Life

03-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by xahhfink6 View Post
Ok,I would appreciate if you actually learned what runes do before including them in a "guide"

You have ABSOLUTELY NO MPEN. (No, you are never going to get that void staff) Your masteries are terrible, because rather than increasing your 1600 hp by 4% you should be increasing your damage by 5-10% by taking archaic knowledge! Also, you will be doing MUCH more damage with mpen marks, and maybe even quints.

The fact that this guide has almost no hp, mp, mpen, def, or MR means that you will lose to any character that builds so much as a mercury treads or chalice.

I wish I could -1 more than once

Okay first off you sound like your the worst player of all time. You can easily get Mpen in your items, and if you actually read my guide, i said that my items were subject to change to compensate the situation. Noone stacks Mresist, and if they do, get items that Pen it. Also your funny because with my Def build and my Items i reach 600-700 Ap end game, and btw i have reached Void staff atleast half of my games, you just have to be skilled with your hero and get kills. Defense isnt just HP its dmg reduction, so you have taken less dmg and you do a decent amount of dmg (600 AP lol) and you can almost 3 hit any hero in-game. Don't come here and -1 my guide if you havent even tried my guide. End game i can almost 1 hit twitch with my ult and do much more with it. So please next time before you rage on my guide or anyone else's please try the guide and actually test it out... And lastly my guide does have AP Hp Mp Mpen And Def if you just read the guide and followed the instructions, you can take any hero in game. Yes, even a Hp stacking Mundo...So let's try raging somewhere else...

God of Life

03-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nave222 View Post
Ive been trying to find a good build that fits me and been looking through numerous ideas/guides/vids

i think im more a hybrid of AD and AP

I tried AP build its good though its not good for constant damage and or auto attacking when your either out of mana or on CD

I start off with Q simply because its cheap in mana price
W costs 80? mana at the beggning and with a small mana pool it just seems like a meh choice. It could turn out well it could turn out bad just depends on gameplay

ive tried guinsoo on him and with his passive it usually keeps me at a 1.7 attk speed with nashors ( i think )

I aim for tear first for mana then just work on damage/AP

I want to try sheen,nashor, last whisp, some boot and or a hp dmg item or ap hp item

going to test that today when i get a chance
though i just find AP builds to be lacking when you are on CC

i mean they do well just not good enough when ur on CC imo

Well, end-game i usually have around 600-700 Ap and around 120-250 AD so i can do a considerable amount of dmg with my AD without stacking anything into it. you dont need that much for your Q Ability if you have the subsequent Ap to make up for it. So let's see i can do around 250-300 dmg with my Q and hit around 650(+600-700) with my ult. There is a huge difference with Ap and AD Ezreal, most people choose Ap, but there is a good deal of strat going into AD Ezzy aswell, so dont count out AD in any case just make sure that with Ap you have a more variety of skills to use and hit massive dmg along with the average Q move. Now, im not trying to persuade you on how to play, im telling you the difference and what i do. AD is definitely a choice for Ezzy and a good one, i just choose to play Def / Ap Ezzy. Happy Ezzying!!

Nave222

03-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by God of Life View Post
Well, end-game i usually have around 600-700 Ap and around 120-250 AD so i can do a considerable amount of dmg with my AD without stacking anything into it. you dont need that much for your Q Ability if you have the subsequent Ap to make up for it. So let's see i can do around 250-300 dmg with my Q and hit around 650(+600-700) with my ult. There is a huge difference with Ap and AD Ezreal, most people choose Ap, but there is a good deal of strat going into AD Ezzy aswell, so dont count out AD in any case just make sure that with Ap you have a more variety of skills to use and hit massive dmg along with the average Q move. Now, im not trying to persuade you on how to play, im telling you the difference and what i do. AD is definitely a choice for Ezzy and a good one, i just choose to play Def / Ap Ezzy. Happy Ezzying!!
most AP i ever got was 200 and was rather squish and got nom'd fast
and i cant do much dmg when its in CC

ezreal is similar to my kayle in terms of hybrid im just trying to find the right hybrid and so far pure AP hasnt 'wow'd me just so so stats

but i do notice a difference but its kinda 'ARGGGH' when they are running and all moves on CD and u hit them with auto and they have a tiny sliver of hp left knowing if it was a bit higher they be deadddddd

*edit*

I try to go tear, sheen, nashor, deathgrasp, lastwisp or guinsoo ( havent determined which is better yet) and some HP item at somepoint with the appropirate boots

if i dont get distracted or side tracked this is how i try to build usually go off build of what i wanna try...