Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Aces and eights, Stacking the deck with Twisted Fate

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pipkin

03-18-2010

@ pika, Thanks, I just edited in my thoughts on Phage, basicly it boils down to TF being a glass cannon, and fineness oriented champion. The item build mentioned is for people that are well practiced, and avoid most situations were 200 HP will save you, and with max CD reduction Destiny is your ultimate life line. As for the rage blade I commented on that too, I really think that it is a waste of gold and space, everything it does can be done better by another item for less cost.

Has anyone else tried this build yet? keep the comments coming!

pikathunder

03-18-2010

i just ran a practice game against bots and was wondering...is all that aspd necessary with malady + sword of divine? i feel that I could suffice with just sword of divine..and was thinking of just switching out the rageblade.

i recommend phage only because it gives that constant snare which procs well with any aspd item you get (rageblade, sword of divine, watever) so you can pull red/gold cards for the snare and the HP is always nice. though i dont play TF that competitively, please dont take it too seriously with my complements. but yea. just my lil thoughts

Pipkin

03-18-2010

@ Pika, I do think getting max AS is necessary since it increase the over all DPS by Procing stacked deck and Sword of the divine. How you get to max AS is up to you. If you really like the Rage blade you can sub out Zerker boots for Merc Treads and increase your survivability at the cost of DPS between your first and eighth attack.

Well thanks for all the comments and +1s, I am heading to bed for the night (err day LOL) I will answer any other comments / Criticism in 8-10 hours.

Cheers!

Pipkin

ZuKii

03-18-2010

I think vamp scept is meh to start... I go boots + hp pots for easier harass with blue card / stacked deck early.

I did some pretty basic maths (based around level 11) which revealed that attack speed is best to get until you spend ~2.5k. Then you have to add damage and attack speed with attack speed still taking preference to maximise dps.

Getting sword of divine skews the calculation and means you should spend another ~2k on attack speed first before getting dmg items so basically:

Boots +hp pots
Greaves
Sword of Divine
Guinsoo
Bloodthirster (highest +dmg in game with built in life leech)
Tri with Phage first (for slow)

I've contemplated madreds for lolz instead of BT but I think pure + dmg at that point is probably best...

I like guinsoo because it gives you some AP too for your cards (esp blue card to give more mana back). Since I don't get malady my attack speed is not at 2.5 even with trinity force at max stacks.

Using arm pen / dodge / cd reduction and flat hp quints with 21/9/0 masteries.

Lyrre

03-18-2010

OKAY!

I'm back from testing with some results!

I used your build again, but item build order i went:
Vamp Scepter
Boots->Zerkers Treads
Recurve Bow->Sword of the Divine
Malady
Infinity Edge (Pickaxe->BF Sword->Cape)

And i ended that game 17-3-3

Basically your build but with sword of the divine before malady, which I feel is a lot better since sword gives more dmg to TF the earlier you get it, so you start becoming a god mode ganker a little quicker!

And btw, forgot to mention last time, AWESOME guide!

EasymodeX

03-18-2010

Malady is completely terrible. If you want to go an attack speed / proc based build, get Wit's End / SotD / Mandred's. They are far superior. And Rageblade wrecks too.

Pipkin

03-18-2010

Well thanks again for all the comments.

@zuki, Your make some good points, the only thing I really question is losing the malady for a bloodthirster. First due to your glass jaw it is going to be easy to reset your Thirsters, second malady has higher Dps in a group fight than bloodthirster can ever hope to.

Assume you and 2 other are going to gank a champ, say alistar. Your friends initiate while you port in and start attcking.

IF you have a full blood thirster you will do your damage +100.

If you have a malady you are going to be doing +30 per hero helping you, Pluse Procing sword of the divine and stacked deck 50% more often.

@ Lyrre, THanks! Its great to hear your doing well with it. Now try my new build!

I have just played some more games and relized I was an idiot before. While my previous item build was good. I just improved it and it is exceptional.

The biggest change was working maldreds bloodrazor into the build. once at max speed this item will chew threw champions with ease, taking 12% if their max health a second (eat that litch boy!)

EasymodeX

03-18-2010

Quote:
If you have a malady you are going to be doing +30 per hero helping you,

After 5 hits.

The fight is over after 5 hits.

Or, you do not have the opportunity to score 5 consecutive hits on a worthwhile target. You think Alistar is going to let you shoot Ryze 5 times? You get 2 hits. If you are in a good position, you get 5 hits, without teammate assistance.

That is the fundamental problem with Malady and why it doesn't work in the vast majority of relevant situations.

Pipkin

03-18-2010

My new build got rid of malady in favor of an early razor.

Synyster

03-18-2010

So u took out both nexus turrets and the nexus itself, by yourself?!