@Riot - unlimited Tribunal?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eorlas

05-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo572 View Post
Yea, it's been fairly easy to tell so far, but I like to read through most of the games just in case. Doing that is very.. taxing. Especially if it's the same kind of stuff through 5 games. But if I read less than half the games I can't judge it.
I really only checked one game for each person. In every case it was obvious that they were intentionally causing a problem.

VoidStorM

05-21-2011

where i can do the tribunal in the first place? its nowhere on the site

Suzuru

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-21-2011

Perhaps make the 3 reports a day stack over time, ie

- Player just became level 30 and from that day on he would begin receiving 3 tribunal points (tp to fit into the rp and ip names) and those tribunal points could be used to tell that person how many he has that he can use to pardon or punish people. It would be easier to manage as that way any player could log on and be assured that they will receive that much ip or whatever RIOT decides to reward regardless if they pardoned or punished that day.

-An example of this working, I go to school or work or am sick and can't play for that day and the site of a computer irritates me so what happens? at whatever time the tribunal decides to give you your tribunal points (tp) you begin to stack them, so if I didn't play for 3 days because I'm sick I would have racked up 9 tribunal points and thus could judge 9 different cases.

This way people couldn't take advantage of the system and would make the system easier on everyone. But probably raise the daily tp to something like 5, and more for community goodness.

Eorlas

05-21-2011

^^ Suzuru's idea isn't so bad either, if an unlimited system isn't feasible.

Eorlas

05-21-2011

I was actually just thinking, if the final decision was up to a Riot employee, what if instead as the system becomes more developed, Riot could choose random solid Tribunal participants to not only vote on reported individuals, but to also act as final deciders? Not necessarily to dish out the punishment itself or decide what the punishment will be, but to but a final punish/pardon on a case so that it adds an extra filter before it hits Riot? Just a thought.

Ralfazar

05-22-2011

I would absolutely LOVE for this to happen, Trynd's post has me happy. Would really make slow 12 hour work days a little better being able to dole out justice more then 3 times a day.

LiegeWaffles

05-22-2011

Why don't Tribunal-newbies get to judge unlimited cases?
Simple, if they did that a pack of Tribunal-newbie trolls could swoop in,
make troll-judgements for a few hours and completely wreck Tribunal data...
Slowly increasing the number of cases when you judge "correctly" is a much
better way to decrease/prevent trolling. (I doubt trolls would want to invest
probably more than a month of good behaviour to troll the Tribunal with
maxed out number of cases after that...)

Pingas

05-22-2011

How about a moderate proposal (Hehe, babyback ribs...)

Three count for rewards a day, but we can do as many as we want? Heck, some people might opt to do tribunal for a few hours instead of matches...

Eorlas

05-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pingas View Post
How about a moderate proposal (Hehe, babyback ribs...)

Three count for rewards a day, but we can do as many as we want? Heck, some people might opt to do tribunal for a few hours instead of matches...
That's what I've been motioning towards Pingas. But right now they're just seeing how it works until they can build it up more.

Kirbyfreek33

05-22-2011

I'd love to look at more cases even if I don't get any sort of reward for it, as it makes me feel a lot better about my own games when I look at the trolls I currently see in the Tribunal caseload. It also feels good to actually see a person who was mistakenly reported and pardon them, while still punishing those who spent their time harming others' enjoyment of their games. Something else I might like to see (though others might not) is to have a section where we can type in our rationale for our votes. I know that'd probably be pointless to make as there would be so many votes and reading the rationale would be pretty pointless, but even so I'd feel good being able to just type out how I feel about each case, and at the end one or two people's rationales can be used as extra explanations to the players who were punished/pardoned, as well as show a dissenting opinion. While this may seem overboard, I'd personally like to see it there.