@Riot - unlimited Tribunal?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eorlas

05-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingus Khan View Post
It's a good feeling to see that the griefers will actually be punished now as opposed to just reporting someone and HOPING that maybe Riot will see it.

I would be very much OK with reviewing much more than 3 cases a day, even if I stopped earning IP after 3 cases.
^^ This is the kind of thinking I want to promote =) Perhaps the system will be successful enough to permit this.

JLiberationArmy

05-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tryndamere View Post
We're testing and gathering data

We'll evolve it over time.
over time as in "Magma chamber" or over time as in "1-3 weeks"

HighSociety

05-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eorlas View Post
Riot, what is the reasoning behind being able to vote on only 3 cases per 24 hours? I'm sure a bunch of us 30s would enjoy providing some more help in Tribunal than that. After all, I'm assuming that there are far more reports submitted than 3 cases per 24 hours per actively participating lvl 30 player.

I suggest opening up Tribunal to unlimited voting, but of course not being able to vote more than once on a previously reviewed case (unless it was skipped.) BUT, I'm completely fine with leaving the IP rewards only on the 3 cases per 24 hours system. Meaning, IP rewards are only given based on the system now, and any Tribunal participation beyond that could be considered volunteer work that doesn't gain any additional reward.

Who knows, maybe you might end up feeling like giving small RP bonuses or IP boosts to long term, accurate Tribunal volunteers.
this is funny, because someone else made a thread like this and got flamed for not reading the FAQ.

Basically, since the system is new, players need to prove their judgement is fair and "correct" relative to other votes. When you show that you make correct judgments, you'll be allowed more cases and your votes with hold more weight. Read the FAQ, it answers a lot of questions

Eorlas

05-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by baysidebLue View Post
this is funny, because someone else made a thread like this and got flamed for not reading the FAQ.

Basically, since the system is new, players need to prove their judgement is fair and "correct" relative to other votes. When you show that you make correct judgments, you'll be allowed more cases and your votes with hold more weight. Read the FAQ, it answers a lot of questions
Thanks for posting this. I read the FAQ before I started reviewing but I definitely missed this fact.

gizmo572

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-21-2011

Not gonna lie, going through and reading at least half the chat logs takes forever. I almost feel like more than 3 would just be mind numbing.

Eorlas

05-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo572 View Post
Not gonna lie, going through and reading at least half the chat logs takes forever. I almost feel like more than 3 would just be mind numbing.
Some logs will be short others will be long. I had one that was of decent length but it was obvious the person was guilty of the accusation against them. I feel like it can be really easy to get a feel for the situation in a lot of cases.

Alkraan

05-21-2011

Make it limited, but not 3 only.. Like, 20 or something..

I got 3 cases who people went 1/19, had 5 boots and fed in all 10 different games.. people like this should be banned as soon as possible, and we would like to help..

thanos8587

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-21-2011

i reviewed my first three cases. all repeated (6+ games) of the same behavior. (*****r, cu*t, *****t) are the favorite words and all of them daring people to try and get them banned. really, really depressing. i dont know how anyone could pardon. i guess riot just wants the means to say theyre not the actual ones making the decision. cant wait for tomorrow though

gizmo572

05-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eorlas View Post
Some logs will be short others will be long. I had one that was of decent length but it was obvious the person was guilty of the accusation against them. I feel like it can be really easy to get a feel for the situation in a lot of cases.
Yea, it's been fairly easy to tell so far, but I like to read through most of the games just in case. Doing that is very.. taxing. Especially if it's the same kind of stuff through 5 games. But if I read less than half the games I can't judge it.

Flyingbox

05-21-2011

Skim for purple text. Check about 5 lines around what they say. You don't really have to read the whole chatlog. Usually the spicy stuff happens towards what looks to be the 10-15 minute area. Early game the players seem calm and you'll likely find a bunch of casual chat.