@Twitch

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cryohazard

03-17-2010

Twitch will annihilate you if your team is bad.

Twitch will feed you if your team is good.

You want an easy counter to Twitch? Exhaust. Just drop an exhaust on him, watch him panic, and smash his rodent face in. Or any kind of stun, blind or knockup. Blitzcrank SODOMIZES Twitch. Anyone with a powerful aspd slow (Nasus for instance) can practically neuter him. In fact, most carries will outdamage him in a straight fight. Hell, I play Anivia mostly now, and when Twitch pops up I rub my hands with glee. You see, he has to stand still to shoot, and I have a nice fat burst for him to suck on, a brief stun, and an AoE that gimps his attack speed, move speed, and tears through him like a priest through a choirboy.

The only big things Twitch has going for him are his stealth, and his ult. You negate the first by assuming Twitch at all times. They're not going to move as 4 while Twitch jungles. He's either going to be backdooring or waiting to pop out- so for god's sake be prepared. Have one member of your team save a stun for the inevitable SnP. As soon as he pops out, 90% of the time he'll have his ult up and running.

Do not panic. NOTE WHERE TWITCH IS.

If you can't CC him, move diagonally away from or towards him and watch the bolts miss.

If you can CC him, or you know someone on your team can, just kill the little *****.

The key is that if he's far enough behind his team to be protected by them, his shots can be dodged. If he's not, he's dead meat. Adjust accordingly.

If all of this is failing, and Twitch is getting fed regardless, you suck. But wait! There are still things you can do. 2-3 people investing in some Thornmail gives Twitch a nasty shock, as he'll kill himself if his ult hits them repeatedly. Alternatively, a little movespeed goes a long way towards avoiding his SnP bolts.

Oh! Teemo. If you're STILL dying to him, just use Teemo.

Calculus101

03-17-2010

Your all noobs, L2Play, twitch was nerfed before and is FINE now anymore nerfs and he will be down there with tyrndamere and warwick

Fidelity

03-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calculus101 View Post
Your all noobs, L2Play, twitch was nerfed before and is FINE now anymore nerfs and he will be down there with tyrndamere and warwick
I can bet money you play him. Stop trolling, and bring up an argument. He's imbalanced. I know you enjoy popping up out of stealth 20 million miles away from someone and getting multiple kills. Shut up, get off this forum and go back to english class.

I am a good player and can take on Twitch AND beat him if the circumstances are right (With Ezreal - Mostly because all the noobs are playing him this week) - But overall, he can pop-up at any moment and slaughter half of my team if he knows what he's doing.

If that isn't imbalanced, I don't know what imbalanced is.

Lagoon7

03-18-2010

Ryze is an absolute joke, the only time ive died to him in my most recent like 30ish games is when he KS'd his teams carry.

See with ryze there is one absolute way to counter him so hard he is gimped for the entire game. DONT LET HIM GET CLOSE! He has terrible movespeed, terrible range, terrible survivability, awesome damage. But ryze also has fairly bad AP scaling ratios, so unless he gets fed, he sucks.

Twitch is similar to ryze, even squishier too. The problem? He can stealth close to you, and dont say "warrrrrrds!!!!!11!1one" cause those are expensive and will gimp your earlygame unless they score you at least 1-2 kills off twitch, an intelligent twitch would just switch lanes, woo tons of wasted earlygame gold on anti stealth wards to counter the guy in the lane on the other side of the map.

Not only that, but oracle potion is ever MORE expensive, and the anti-stealth range on that thing is super tiny, by the time you see twitch with oracle, your already in range.

Twitch doesnt need a nerf, anti-stealth needs a buff.

Armored

03-18-2010

Any champion that can take out a full team at a safe distance is indeed in my books unbalanced. Kat cannot even do damage to everyone in team fights with her ult cause its limited to the amount of champions it can it at one time, making her ult balanced imo.

Of course the people here who say twitch is fine or that he is indeed balanced and is not in need of any type of nerfs are clearly the people who play the champion so of course they are going to not want him nerfed. So ignore those responses because they don't mean anything.

Twitch needs his ult range nerfed and the attack speed coming out of stealth reduced. When twitch pops out behind all his friends in a team fight it is very hard to run through all the enemy champions to stop twitch and not only that to get to twitch you are walking in direct line of his ult therefor lowing your health so fast so that the other team members are able to take you out before getting close to twitch.

I think a good idea would also is to put a debuf spell on twitch after he ults making it so he cannot enter stealth mode for a period of time.

You can tell by the real veterans of LoL on the champions they pick. I myself enjoy playing champions that take a bit more skills and with the new changes to Twisted fate (which was much needed) made this champion a lot more fun and not so noobie to play.

Agreed with the above poster about wards. They should last longer and have a larger range. There should be other types of items made up such as this idea of having a type of ward that does not allow you to see stealth players but would send out an alarm to notify you that a stealth player is nearby. Or traps that you can lay down and when a stealth player walks over one of them they will be brought out of stealth and unable to restealth for a period of time.

Yes i know Nidalee has this type of spell but i think everyone needs something like this and not only that but the only ways someone can trip Nidalee's traps are if they are put in brush and ONLY if the stealth person walks into the brush where the trap is, if they do not this trap is so easy to avoid if you pay attention. Also they can be tripped by anyone so an item like this spell but can only be set off by stealth champions would be a plus.

I don't even understand why Riot made Nidalee's traps viewable. That was a really stupid mistake. Can you see Teemo's mushrooms? no so why did they make Nidalee's traps viewable? no idea.

RealWolf

03-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armored View Post
Of course the people here who say twitch is fine or that he is indeed balanced and is not in need of any type of nerfs are clearly the people who play the champion so of course they are going to not want him nerfed. So ignore those responses because they don't mean anything.
Of course the people here who say twitch is OP or that he is indeed a demigod and needs serious nerfs are clearly the people who got owned by him because they didn't counter him, and of course they are going to say stupid anecdotes about how he rapes an entire team. So ignore those responses because they don't mean anything.

See what I did there?

Armored

03-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealWolf View Post
Of course the people here who say twitch is OP or that he is indeed a demigod and needs serious nerfs are clearly the people who got owned by him because they didn't counter him, and of course they are going to say stupid anecdotes about how he rapes an entire team. So ignore those responses because they don't mean anything.

See what I did there?
RealWolf my dear Junior Member,

I have been playing League of Legends well i can say for a very long time. Longer then you if you want to push me down that road. I have seen a lot of changes to the game over the past year. Some good some bad, but i can say Twitch does indeed have some issues that need touching up to bring him on the same page as the rest of the League (see what i did there?). I have played Twitch, bought his skin and i can say i do enjoy his play style and i enjoy playing him when I'm in the mood for him. He is not my main champion nor in my top ten. I have had my fair share of play time with him none the less.

I do agree that making some changes to Twitch would be much needed. Look at Twisted Fate before the changes he was easily countered but everyone still cried about how OP he was. Just because you can "counter" a champion does not make him balanced. You can easily counter Twitch, but its when he enters team fights and unloads with his Ult or pops out with a team mate to help get a gank with his insane attack speed buff is what makes this champion unbalanced.

So what did you learn today RealWolf? (And others). Just because there are ways to "counter" a champion does not make the champion balanced. Being balanced goes far beyond the question to if you can counter something or not.

Enjoy
^_^

RealWolf

03-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armored View Post
RealWolf my dear Junior Member,

I have been playing League of Legends well i can say for a very long time. Longer then you if you want to push me down that road. I have seen a lot of changes to the game over the past year. Some good some bad, but i can say Twitch does indeed have some issues that need touching up to bring him on the same page as the rest of the League (see what i did there?). I have played Twitch, bought his skin and i can say i do enjoy his play style and i enjoy playing him when I'm in the mood for him. He is not my main champion nor in my top ten. I have had my fair share of play time with him none the less.

I do agree that making some changes to Twitch would be much needed. Look at Twisted Fate before the changes he was easily countered but everyone still cried about how OP he was. Just because you can "counter" a champion does not make him unbalanced. Use you can easily counter Twitch, but its when he enters team fights and unloads with his Ult or pops out with a team mate to help get a gank with his insane attack speed buff is what makes this champion unbalanced.

So what did you learn today RealWolf? (And others). Just because there are ways to "counter" a champion does not make the champion unbalanced.

If you can not counter a champion, he is imbalanced. If nothing you can do can stop him winning, he is imbalanced.

Twitch does not fit either of those categories, he can be dealt with effectively in a number of ways, most notably by targetting him and not feeding him. Its not too difficult to do, and against a good team a twitch does not do too much in the way of 'threat'. Its either attacking from long range, and msising a fair bit, or attacking up close, getting CC'd, and then taking alot of punishment. Twitch has to build for damage and tank, and the two don't mix particularily well, resulting in his health being subpar, while improving that costs him the damage he needs to really be a threat.

As for your dumbass comment "I have played this longer than you", I have been playing LoL for a very long time, was in the closed beta not too long after it began, so maybe you shouldn't go round saying "man i've been here a long time I must know everything, that person hasn't been here as long as me so his opinion is not valid".

As for my post, I simply pointed out the ******edness of your statement, where rather than counter their arguments (no one has so far as to WHY he is not OP, no one has bothered to give any explanations on how its not true when people have presented good arguments for how he isn't), you merely said "They must play him, so they must be lying. No one can tell the truth but people who agree with my opinion"

Armored

03-18-2010

RealWolf my friend,

I was also in the closed beta. I was pointing out that the people who played this game longer then others have a more understanding and experience of the game then others. You where in closed beta, sure. Do i believe you? No. Do you have to believe what I'm saying? No. Does anyone care that we are arguing? No. Is Twitch balanced? No.

Ok with that aside, Twitch is unbalanced. The sooner you face that the sooner we all get to tell you "i told you so"

My little Junior Member ^_^ you will forever be my friend. <3

RealWolf

03-18-2010

lol, why don't you believe I was in closed beta? Not like being in closed beta actually changes anything in relation to the game. Is it really that common that people say they were in the closed beta to get 'rep' or whatever it is?

I remember when runes were 'free', and you just used the rune combiner once, then you could get a whole bunch more. You were only maent to be able to have 100 runes at a time but I remember I had well over 300, though getting all the ones you wanted could be a pain. Was much more convinient however to not have to buy runes or champions, being able to just play everyone. Back when Jax could take on teams pre-buff.

Anyways, my point is that Twitch is not imbalanced.

What does he have:
High aspd
Average DoT
Long Range (but low accuracy)

Low Health
slow base aspd
innacurate ultimate (unless they are standings till)

Hos is he not OP?

He has two options in a fight, start from close or start from far. Close = targeted = easy to deal with. Far away = pull back (or if too late, just move sideways), and then his ult can't do much more than single target dps.

He can't get fed if you gank him effectively. He can't get the items he needs if you don't let him farm. He can't become strong without items. He can only be OP if you let him be by not targetting him, not getting stealth detection, and letting him get kills early on while not killing him.

Soon as you realise that your complete lack of arguments as to why he is overpowered is what makes you fail miserably, should they nerf twitch with the evidence presented in this thread it will be sad, as they will nerf a hero because a few people repeatedly said "nah, he's OP", while a couple of others said "he's not OP, heres why"