[discussion] high elo jungling

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Trollbone

03-17-2010

So at the beginning of the game no one was paying attention to jungler, it was very easy to take all the buff on the map with some map awareness to counter possible gank but now in high elo its becoming more and more diffult to jungle sucessfully.

I want to talk here first about fiddle jungling and how to do it right.

When i was in low elo i was taking the blue buff right away, at mid elo i was taking their and in high elo i dont start with the golem buff but with the red buff or the golems.

BUT they are some issues that i cant deal with :

First they set up wards at golem and this essentially get me in an akward position beause i check their items and i know they have plant down a ward so i try even when i knew it to do golem and its very risky. Fiddle is not like warwik and cant jungle without the blue buff so they know how to shut down the whole jungling of fiddle
Just 2 golems on the map

So i looked at some guides and trieds new methods whitout smite/with wards, even with a trick like putting down a ward on their golem then going on one of our lane and when the mininions arrive and they see me, go in the bush and teleport at the ward.

If they dont put pressure me/kill me/ put a wards at the first golem it will be at the second golem.

Whats ure methods of jungling with fiddle ?? do we need like 2 or 3 people now to get the golem first ? Is fiddle now more viable laning than jungling or a mix of the 2 ? (like jungling at lvl3 ?)

Secondly lets talk about warwick, he's seen now a lot more in high elo games and because he hasnt seen play in a long long time nobody knows really how to counter him properly.
He doesnt need the blue buff baddly/ jungle very fast / dont go on low health and can take a lot of characters 1vs1
A lot of people know this and decide to let him jungle freely in 80% percent of the games because u can invest so much time to look for him and not find him that it doesnt get any sense.
Like one time i was in the bottom lane of the blue side and decided to do the golem at lvl 1 before the minions and warwick was right there !!! He was starting his jungling routines with the small creeps of our side of the map !

In a sense if u let him jungle freely with 2 buff he is beastly and nowadays this is common.
So how do you counter him ? what does he need badly ? what are his patterns in general ?

And thirdly,
Fiddle and warwick are the two best jungler of the game, but i saw in the solomid finals Treeeskimo (nasus) jungling, is this viable ? (i mean in solo queue and premade )
what are the pro and con of his jungling ? i know he has not a lot of lane presence and the jungling can easily max his siphoning strike but im questionning if he jungle rapidly and what are his starting items/ rune masteries.

So thats all, for my interrogations ^^, shaco jungling is basicly shut down by good teams but he can lane afterwards so i dont think it hurts him a lot, he cant gank right but u wont gank him easily .

and sorry for my english i'm french ^^

Holypope

03-17-2010

1.) You can counter a ward with another ward, or an oracle potion. If they're spending money on wards, you might as well cough up the dough.

2.) If they're spending money or making it hard for you to jungle, adapt and stop jungling.

3.) If you expect them to gank you, counter-gank or send them on a fox chase. If you can get them to chase you around, your lane mates can push. In the meantime, their team will be down more gold/xp than your team for your efforts.

Holypope

03-17-2010

also: shaco can usually beat warwick jungling, as long as shaco plays smart.

the trick is to use the jitbs for ambushes/escapes. You know he wants lizard. drop 4 jitbs there and farm nearby. he'll show up. get him when he does. just find his path. any spot on it will do.

Zero47

03-17-2010

1. Fiddle is squishy when on CD so it's always gonna be risky. The only way to counter I can think of is get yourself more map awareness than they have, wards, clairvoyance what ever.

2. If you just ward your jungle it's gonna make it harder on warwick. Get your laning partner and gank him when he's busy.

3. Because of his natural lifesteal Nasus is a viable jungler. I wouldn't go for it though, because his farming capability is so awesome. If played right you will have your pockets full of gold in no time. Getting golem's buff at level 6 is a great boost though, and not all that dangerous because you can get him down in seconds with your ult up.

Xocolatl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-17-2010

Question:
Will people only put up wards like that if they see some good jungler (WW, Fiddle, etc) on the other team?
Do people sometime go off to hunt jungler if they see one person missing?

Mesa H

03-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xocolatl View Post
Question:
Will people only put up wards like that if they see some good jungler (WW, Fiddle, etc) on the other team?
Do people sometime go off to hunt jungler if they see one person missing?
probably not, it's just too risky, ur missing out on money and exp while finding someone may or may not be jungling (though u can look at creep kills or something), it's now the trend to group up at lv 6 or 7 and gank lane by lane anyway, IMO. so i think it's only sensible to go looking for junglers when they're WW or fid , coz they can be really annoying or dominant when left jungling undisturbed

martyrAD

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-18-2010

ive only ever jungled with warwick, i honestly like it i dont get harassed much, and i can generally keep up in levels with everyone else. i haven't bothered to pick up fiddle, nasus, or shaco, so i cant really comment on them. id say all build for jungling play off to you skills. with WW i can go with the howl (forgot the name) or hunger strike, and be fine. i also NEVER go for golum first, while i know i can do it, people try to gank that spot. so i typically take the smaller spawn by lizard first, or the small spawn by golum, then finish up the life stealers as my #2.