Your thoughts on Mordekaiser

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Worst Waffle NA

05-21-2011

So far I've been using an AP build of Morde with Sorcerer's shoes, Lich Bane and 4 Hextech Gunblades which has been pretty good so far since it gives a hight AP boost, AD boost, lifesteal and spell vamp. I've won most games except the occasional bad match up. I'm looking for a better AP build so I'm up for suggestions.

Draghinaazzo

05-21-2011

try AP tanky with sorc boots, rylais, thornmail, fon, lichbane, hextech. Really fun since it allows you to sit right in the centre of fights aoeing everyone down at the same time.

Verodimus

05-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiMi244 View Post
So far I've been using an AP build of Morde with Sorcerer's shoes, Lich Bane and 4 Hextech Gunblades which has been pretty good so far since it gives a hight AP boost, AD boost, lifesteal and spell vamp. I've won most games except the occasional bad match up. I'm looking for a better AP build so I'm up for suggestions.
I have some advice listed here: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=763301

AP is a better stat than AD. It' true that Q scales off both, but you can maximize your max damage by focusing on AP. The main problem with your build is that it offers no flexibility. If they build a lot of MR to counter you, you're screwed because you don't have room for more Magic Penetration if the situation calls for it. Your survivability is limited because you have no defensive items. Spellvamp/Lifesteal doesn't do you any good if you get CC'd. Armor and Magic Resist will. You also have no room for tenacity.

Another problem is that it's very expensive. You're spending gold on things that give you limited benefit, such as Lifesteal. Your gold would be better spent elsewhere.

My recommendation to you would be to build Will of the Ancients (because you're used to having spellvamp) add in rylai's abyssal sceptre, rabadon's etc. And throw in armor and magic resist if you're having trouble with sustainability.