Twitch item build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OhNoesItzAndrew

03-17-2010

Ok, I know some people say "oh twitch is a nub character takes no skill to use" and if you're one of those people please dont post here :P. I've bought twitch five days ago and been playing him and barely lose any game, and gain a decent amount of kills.So im just wondering what could make me vetter cuz im still kinda a noob with him XD.

I need to know if this build is O.K.

1. Vampire Scepter
2. Malady
3. Berserker greaves or boot of mobility
4. Last Whisper
6. B.F. sword
7. Infinity Edge
8. Phage
9. Frozen Mallet

Is this build good? If you could change anything what would you change to make twitch the best he can be?
Thanks alot.

~OhNoesItzAndrew

Grundlestaint

03-17-2010

I used to go vamp. scepter every time until I found out that doran's shield is generally the starter item for people who are good at Twitch. I tried to deny it for a while but after getting owned by rival Twitches (who had shield) in the early game I switched over and the difference is very noticeable. Much more survivability, increases your resistance to harassment and decreases your reliance on constantly hitting the creeps to heal. I know life steal seems to make more sense on paper (and probably does at a very low ELO/summoner level bracket), but I usually save vamp. scepter for after my 2nd big item.

Usually I go

Doran's shield
Basic Boots
Infinity Edge
Upgrade to zerker boots
Last Whisper/Black Cleaver if there is a dangerous tanky character, otherwise Bloodthirster
Phantom Dancer last if the game lasts that long

Edit: The general consensus seems to be that attack speed is wasted on twitch because his Q and R skills give him so much already. If you are solo mid, by the time you get infinity edge you will nearly instagib most squishy characters well inside of the duration of your ult without any + attack speed.

FeLpZ

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-17-2010

no malady. no ****ing malady.

OhNoesItzAndrew

03-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grundlestaint View Post
I used to go vamp. scepter every time until I found out that doran's shield is generally the starter item for people who are good at Twitch. I tried to deny it for a while but after getting owned by rival Twitches (who had shield) in the early game I switched over and the difference is very noticeable. Much more survivability, increases your resistance to harassment and decreases your reliance on constantly hitting the creeps to heal. I know life steal seems to make more sense on paper (and probably does at a very low ELO/summoner level bracket), but I usually save vamp. scepter for after my 2nd big item.

Usually I go

Doran's shield
Basic Boots
Infinity Edge
Upgrade to zerker boots
Last Whisper/Black Cleaver if there is a dangerous tanky character, otherwise Bloodthirster
Phantom Dancer last if the game lasts that long

Edit: The general consensus seems to be that attack speed is wasted on twitch because his Q and R skills give him so much already. If you are solo mid, by the time you get infinity edge you will nearly instagib most squishy characters well inside of the duration of your ult without any + attack speed.
Thanks to your build i just went 33/1/8 TY

Shizz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by grundlestaint View Post
i used to go vamp. Scepter every time until i found out that doran's shield is generally the starter item for people who are good at twitch. I tried to deny it for a while but after getting owned by rival twitches (who had shield) in the early game i switched over and the difference is very noticeable. Much more survivability, increases your resistance to harassment and decreases your reliance on constantly hitting the creeps to heal. I know life steal seems to make more sense on paper (and probably does at a very low elo/summoner level bracket), but i usually save vamp. Scepter for after my 2nd big item.

Usually i go

doran's shield
basic boots
infinity edge
upgrade to zerker boots
last whisper/black cleaver if there is a dangerous tanky character, otherwise bloodthirster
phantom dancer last if the game lasts that long

edit: The general consensus seems to be that attack speed is wasted on twitch because his q and r skills give him so much already. If you are solo mid, by the time you get infinity edge you will nearly instagib most squishy characters well inside of the duration of your ult without any + attack speed.
qft!

Ambartsumain

03-17-2010

Idk about infinity edge. IMO, Black Cleaver is better due to its armor pen and it offers roughly the same damage bonus, but is 1k cheaper. Other than that, I've found boots of mobility is pretty decent because you're a gankbot for the most part, so map domination is better than the slight bonus to attack speed. Finally, instead of Doran's shield, I usually go Vamp scepter -> Bloodthirster, but if you cant handle the early pressure, I guess the shield is good too. It's kinda funny tho, I usually get a Bloodthirster and Cleaver, then I have no idea what to get so I keep getting more Cleavers, which is probably a bad idea...but basically my advice is get a Bloodthirster and Black Cleaver, and boots somewhere in there (I prefer Mobility). After that, you should be cannon-y enough so just keep getting damage items.

Grundlestaint

03-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambartsumain View Post
Idk about infinity edge. IMO, Black Cleaver is better due to its armor pen and it offers roughly the same damage bonus, but is 1k cheaper. Other than that, I've found boots of mobility is pretty decent because you're a gankbot for the most part, so map domination is better than the slight bonus to attack speed. Finally, instead of Doran's shield, I usually go Vamp scepter -> Bloodthirster, but if you cant handle the early pressure, I guess the shield is good too. It's kinda funny tho, I usually get a Bloodthirster and Cleaver, then I have no idea what to get so I keep getting more Cleavers, which is probably a bad idea...but basically my advice is get a Bloodthirster and Black Cleaver, and boots somewhere in there (I prefer Mobility). After that, you should be cannon-y enough so just keep getting damage items.
I agree that the Cleaver is tasty, but I have to say that Infinity Edge is the one item I will always get when playing a physical carry, and always first (main item) with twitch. This could be because I have a decent amount of crit from runes, but the burst I gain from a few IE crits is just ridiculous. If I'm doing pretty well as far as farming is concerned (especially if i'm mid), squishies more or less evaporate instantly for a few minutes until they start catching up in levels. I almost always do end up with an Ar/pen item, but I usually opt for last whisper. I haven't used sword of the occult yet, but apparently it is pretty much epic now that it gives up to 110 (!!!!!) damage when fully charged, for 1369 gold. How ridiculous is that?

And yeah I semi-agree on boots of mobility - zerkers is just personal preference. I usually find I can get around the map quickly enough with em, but I've often wanted to try mobility or swiftness. To each his own i guess.

Riot aBhorsen

eSports Coordinator

03-18-2010

+1 to the no Vampiric,

Have a little look at my guide http://www.leaguecraft.com/strategie...rd+to+Master.+