Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Discussion] AP vs AD Ezreal

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS1611d82ca8b215

Adjudicator

03-29-2010

AD for sure. Less mana problems (already have that with AD). Also I don't share the thoughts about him getting weaker late game.

Chalice/BoM/Sheen/Lifesteal 450g one/Guinsoo/Blood thirster/black cleaver.

15/x games guaranteed ^^

BlueBuddha

03-29-2010

This is neither a guide nor any kind of strategy. plz post in correct forums. discussions should be general topic

Gryfter

03-30-2010

Coming from someone who's played Ez almost exclusively for a week, my two cents is that AP is superior. I've seen him played both ways, and even tried AD, but it just doesn't stack up, and here's why:

You can stand a good bit further back from the battle with AP vs. AD, because you don't have to auto-attack at all. This is HUGE. I rarely die more than 2-4 times in a game and always pull 3-1ish or more K/D, as well as helping my team with W.

Once you have to get closer to start auto-attacking, you are an instant target due to squishiness. If they have to wade through your entire team to even get near you, they don't even try.

Here's a great strategy for solo mid AP EZ:
I have about an 80% kill rate with this strat vs. the other mid.

1-6 don't use anything but level 1 mystic shot to help last hit and harass. Intentionally miss some mystics and let your lane opponent hit you a bit. Appear to play timidly. Let them think they are owning you, but try to whittle them down to around half life. What they don't know is once at level 7 you're going to have level 3 arcane shift and your ult. At the end of a creep wave, run at them, arcane shift to take about 1/4 of their life, hit them with mystic and ult. They won't be expecting it. Then go back, pick up your sheen, boots, and start on meija's and start ganking.

Longshadow

03-31-2010

I've only played a couple of games as Ezrael, but he seems so strongly designed for Sheen and Guinsoo's that this discussion seems almost moot. Especially since the obvious places to go from there(triforce or lich bane/rylai's) look so similar. For what it's worth, I prefer AP, but mostly because my right mouse button and I hate each other, so I try to press it as little as possible.

Lerry the Lebster

03-31-2010

Quote:
Longshadow:
I've only played a couple of games as Ezrael, but he seems so strongly designed for Sheen and Guinsoo's that this discussion seems almost moot. Especially since the obvious places to go from there(triforce or lich bane/rylai's) look so similar. For what it's worth, I prefer AP, but mostly because my right mouse button and I hate each other, so I try to press it as little as possible.

Personally I'm not a fan of rage blade on Ez. Once I have my lich bane the ap is the only stat on it I really care about. I don't care about the attack speed at all, your passive is worthless enough as AP, and the damage is nice, but again if I have lich bane I'd rather just have an item with more AP so it can improve my Q as well as WER. Don't get me wrong, I think its a helpful item, but I feel lich bane, sorceror shoes, soul stealer, and zonya's should all be higher priorities.

Longshadow

04-01-2010

Lerry, your build seems very late-game focused. Unless you start rolling people with just a sheen and Mejai's(which you might, but hasn't been my experience, especially given that you need some serious mana regen to keep casting all the time), you're going to be kind of awkward until you get both Lich Bane an Zhonya's, which is a 9000+ gol build(even assuming you don't grab mana regen early). This doesn't make it wrong, but doesn't mesh with my playstyle. I like Guinsoo's because it turns you into an enormous threat in midgame Summoner's Rift or lategame Twisted Treeline. As the game goes long, Guinsoo's builds will tend to fall behind either pure AP or raw AD, but the games I play tend to be won an lost(effectively if not literally) when most people have 5-6k gold.

EDIT:

It occurs to me that lane choice matters a lot here. If you're solo on SR, Mejai's into pure AP gets quite a bit better, as you can prey on the side lanes pretty effectively. If you don't have as much farming opportunity, it seems more likely that you'll want to look elsewhere.

Matthew21210

04-01-2010

Quote:
Echo7:
Definitely AP, it is much, much more of an impact type build.

http://www.leaguecraft.com/builder/Ezreal/265939dfddda8747da7a1b6a24c4967e

Sell the Chalice late game, take a Haunting Guise.

This is better, in my opinion:
http://www.leaguecraft.com/builder/Ezreal/2417d6dd79639d50bd234c9d164d2552 (http://www.leaguecraft.com/builder/Ezreal/fbe84942a7ecac37fcadcc77916bf836)
masteries and runes are what give you that last shot of CDR and MRpen and boost your crit to where it matters. Void staff COULD turn into a zhonyas, but so could the boots. Recommend you drop boots before Voidstaff.

Voidgolem

04-01-2010

Attn: Any Ezreal player, either type:

RUSH A GOD**** SHEEN FIRST.

Not that I mind people who rush a deathfire feeding my teammates, it's the ones who keep ME from using him and rush a deathfire/useless **** that annoy me -.-;;

Edit: Though going Meki > Chalice is fine, too. Still rush a sheen.

Kikhan

04-02-2010

Updated with a quick tally at the bottom of peoples preferences. Amounted to

AP 16
Hybrid/Flexbuilding 8
AD 12

ChaosGopherSucks

04-02-2010

Quote:
Voidgolem:
Attn: Any Ezreal player, either type:

RUSH A GOD**** SHEEN FIRST.

Not that I mind people who rush a deathfire feeding my teammates, it's the ones who keep ME from using him and rush a deathfire/useless **** that annoy me -.-;;

Edit: Though going Meki > Chalice is fine, too. Still rush a sheen.

Ok, yeah, i was about to say, Meki>Chalice first is always a good idea.
After chalice and sorcerer's boots though...I think it's a tossup between Sheen and Guinsoo's. IMO, guinsoo's help towards towerpush can't be ignored, and I usually rush sheen after that.