[Discussion] AP vs AD Ezreal

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ennbeard

03-21-2010

I do a semi hybrid support carry.

Phreaks build until SHeen, then Guinsoos, then Phage -> TF.

So

Boots
Brutalizer
TF
Guinsoos

This is the core build.

After that,

<Attack damage item OR Pure AP Item. Black cleaver in conjunction with your passive and Guinsoos will keep 5 stacks on them easily if you are in attack range. Although, I find you rarely are.>
<Survivability item, RoA is good if you can manage to farm it.>

Choose eitehr an AD item or a Survivability item (I'd at least get part of the survivability item before any more damage).

waxxdd

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-21-2010

Ok, I've done some calculations and I think you should see them. I've seen people argue that AD is cheaper, but that's just plain false. You get better AP items for a cheaper price. I'm going to link some endgame statistics to show the benefit of AP.

AD:
http://leaguecraft.com/builder/Ezrea...4780355b138e66

I think this is a fairly good AD build on him. If not, I will change something and recalculate.

Total Cost: 11874
Mystic Shot - 628
Essence Flux - 355
Arcane Shift - 380
Trueshot Barr - 784
Auto-Attack - 363
(this builder is assuming full stacks on Sword of the Occult and Bloodthirsters, but not a full Rageblade but I added it in)

AP:
http://leaguecraft.com/builder/Ezrea...707e8fac1427f7

I like this build on him for an extra 500 health. If you put a Zhonya's Ring in place of Rylai's you will output even more damage.

Total Cost: 11145
Mystic Shot - 698
Essence Flux - 504
Arcane Shift - 613
Trueshot Barr - 1095
Auto-Attack - 133
Lich Bane Auto - 577
(it's also assuming full Mejai's stacks, again full Rageblade)

Lich Bane procs with Mystic Shot, explaining the high damage on it. An all AP build adds more damage to all of your abilities, it doesn't make any sense to use an all AD Ezzy. If you think you like AD builds more because your auto-attack will hit stronger, you should play another champion. Building him with AP will give him high burst damage and then a Lich Bane fueled auto attack will hurt them a lot too.

The rest of my guide...
Ezzy, the Carry or Support [AD vs AP inside]

or on the forums: Ezzy, The Carry/Support

13lackC4t

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godsend 23 View Post
Ok, I've done some calculations and I think you should see them. I've seen people argue that AD is cheaper, but that's just plain false. You get better AP items for a cheaper price. I'm going to link some endgame statistics to show the benefit of AP.

AD:
http://leaguecraft.com/builder/Ezrea...4780355b138e66

I think this is a fairly good AD build on him. If not, I will change something and recalculate.

Total Cost: 11874
Mystic Shot - 628
Essence Flux - 355
Arcane Shift - 380
Trueshot Barr - 784
Auto-Attack - 363
(this builder is assuming full stacks on Sword of the Occult and Bloodthirsters, but not a full Rageblade but I added it in)

AP:
http://leaguecraft.com/builder/Ezrea...707e8fac1427f7

I like this build on him for an extra 500 health. If you put a Zhonya's Ring in place of Rylai's you will output even more damage.

Total Cost: 11145
Mystic Shot - 698
Essence Flux - 504
Arcane Shift - 613
Trueshot Barr - 1095
Auto-Attack - 133
Lich Bane Auto - 577
(it's also assuming full Mejai's stacks, again full Rageblade)

Lich Bane procs with Mystic Shot, explaining the high damage on it. An all AP build adds more damage to all of your abilities, it doesn't make any sense to use an all AD Ezzy. If you think you like AD builds more because your auto-attack will hit stronger, you should play another champion. Building him with AP will give him high burst damage and then a Lich Bane fueled auto attack will hurt them a lot too.

The rest of my guide...
http://leaguecraft.com/strategies/gu...ry+or+Support+[v2.1]
This.
The only reason why people think Ezrael is AD is because of his passive, and if you follow that logic then Kayle should let her allies die =/

Kikhan

03-21-2010

Instead of Lichbane can you throw Trinity Force on there since it gives 130% on next auto vs. 100% of LB? Also I am still somewhat noobish but, I assume those 2 do not stack or acivate separately.

Also Rageblade plus passive both fully stacked gives roughly 1.5 attk speed I get a little more just with masterie's. Since I haven't seen a specific number on this posted anywhere for anyone interested.

baalzy

03-21-2010

Trinity is 130% of your attack damage, Lichbane is 100% of your ability power. Completely different bonus' altho they do not stack/trigger at the same time. Trinity's buff wouldn't do you much good as a AP build because 130% of 90ish AD doesn't give ya much of a bonus while 100% of 300+ AP gives a very nice bonus.

I'm not sure if they trigger one after the other though. Like use Q which procs lichbane then cast W which could activate Trinity while lich is on its 3 second cooldown letting you then auto-attack for higher. I kinda doubt that works.

Kikhan

03-21-2010

Ah thanks for the clarification, I have not played with those items much to pick out the affects. All be it if they are based separately you would think it would work. I will have to scout around see if I can find out.

waxxdd

03-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by baalzy View Post
I'm not sure if they trigger one after the other though. Like use Q which procs lichbane then cast W which could activate Trinity while lich is on its 3 second cooldown letting you then auto-attack for higher. I kinda doubt that works.
I'm pretty sure this is how it works. It will proc one at a time. But you don't want to buy a Trinity Force the way I build him, your attack damage is weak.

Madawc

03-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madawc View Post
chalice/I.E/boots3/last whisper/Bloodthirster/Pdancer

reason for Pdancer over black cleaver, black cleaver works against last whisper. and your already hitting like a truck.

AP ezreal has good burst but cant follow up for the kill, while AD ezreal can kill fast with only auto attacks
gonna retract this.

AP is better, ezreal just cant be the main carry. hes better support.

rod of ages/ sorc boots/ sheen/ void staff/ banshee veil/ zhonya ring

CaptHarlock

03-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godsend 23 View Post
I'm pretty sure this is how it works. It will proc one at a time. But you don't want to buy a Trinity Force the way I build him, your attack damage is weak.
Tri-Force adds only 130 damage to his attack at level 18 no matter how much AD you stack since it only calculates BASE damage.

waxxdd

03-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptHarlock View Post
Tri-Force adds only 130 damage to his attack at level 18 no matter how much AD you stack since it only calculates BASE damage.
I don't think that's how TF works. If it does work that way, then my calculations for AD ezzy i have would be even lower...