[Discussion] AP vs AD Ezreal

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kikhan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-19-2010

I disagree I play the different builds with a different style of play. As they lend effectiveness to different styles of play of course depending on team builds. Also the ratio's are not nearly as bad for W and E as compared to a lot of champs out there. The ratio is about the best you can get with the ultimate.

Nimoot

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikhan View Post
Assuming their is not a Champ that synergizes and picks up those items in their regular builds then I say that is very noble of you to pick up those items. If hanging back and buffing your team like that is your play style then I hope you pick up some AP and skill up W first and make that your focus.

Black Cleaver just seems like a bad idea unless you are going entirely a AD attack speed build. You are not going to be able to get the 5 stack up just hanging back using Q.

As Weta said Lichbane and similar items say in their description next (auto) attack does damage modified by stated amount of AP.
Actually I have found that when I go AP/AD and I get Sheen/Trinity Force/Lich Bane, when I use my Q attack the "on hit" effect it mentions Includes the Buffed damage from S/TF/LB.

13lackC4t

03-19-2010

AP all the way.

30 mins into the game with AP runes, 16 stacks of mejais, lichbane, and rylais is absolute rape.
Arcane Shift hitting for around 700 damage, Essence Flux around 600, don't even get me started on Trueshot.

Also Mystic Shot does around 500 each hit, thanks to Lichbane (works with Mystic Shot like Poppy's Devasting Blow)

With around 2.2k hp and exhaust, I pretty much dominate any AD Ezrael I come across

Myrnodyn

03-19-2010

It's kind of funny, 1vs1 AP Ezreal wins, because AD Ezreal simply has both less survivability AND less burst.

Make it a team fight though, and the Burst of AP just falls short in comparison to the sustained DPS AD can poop out in a matter of ten or more seconds.

Not to mention that AP is dependent on kills early on, while AD can even opt to go jungle for a while and still farm pretty effectively.

My choice is AD, but only because it fits my playstyle better.

ALL THREE playstyles are viable on him in specific roles...it's just up to each individual to see what works, and how your team works around it.

KeVoN xD

03-19-2010

Suvivality depend in the items you chose cause you can get frozen malet that is a +700 to health+ you can have lifesteal, so i dont think ad ezreal has less survivality than ap, it all depends on the items you choose for both

Kikhan

03-19-2010

I prefer boots of swiftness with flash/exhaust as summoner spells are generally all the survivabillity I need. Assuming I don't put him in or leave him in a compromising position. If I do then I accept my mistake.

ChaosGopherSucks

03-19-2010

AP is way too dependent on your early game. Those 16 mejai's will quickly drop to 3-4 with a few deaths, and an entire AP build becomes gimped.

Meanwhile, with brutalizer, Sheen, BT, and guinsoo's, an AD Ezreal has a nice sustained DPS of about 300-400, the dmg that ur Mystic Shot will be doing, along with +AS the whole time.
As for survivability issues, I find that if Ezreal is targeted he is doomed no matter what, regardless of AP/AD unless he can escape.

If you run AD, it's true ur heal/ult is gimped, but even with the nice AP ratio Heal burst is way too unreliable due to skill shot (which is really all luck no matter how much u make it out to be). The only loss is dmg for ur ult, which compared to the spammability of Q, is worth it imo.

13lackC4t

03-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunster View Post
AP is way too dependent on your early game. Those 16 mejai's will quickly drop to 3-4 with a few deaths, and an entire AP build becomes gimped.

Meanwhile, with brutalizer, Sheen, BT, and guinsoo's, an AD Ezreal has a nice sustained DPS of about 300-400, the dmg that ur Mystic Shot will be doing, along with +AS the whole time.
As for survivability issues, I find that if Ezreal is targeted he is doomed no matter what, regardless of AP/AD unless he can escape.

If you run AD, it's true ur heal/ult is gimped, but even with the nice AP ratio Heal burst is way too unreliable due to skill shot (which is really all luck no matter how much u make it out to be). The only loss is dmg for ur ult, which compared to the spammability of Q, is worth it imo.
IF you die. Though that depends on your skill of course =/

It's all in playstyle I guess, I prefer to play Ezrael as a high burst hit and runner, scoring quick kills/assists and backing off.

No offense, but Essence Flux has quite a wide range and is AoE, you've gotta be ******ed to miss that in a team fight.
And if you put it that way, what makes Mystic Shot any different in an AD build? >.>
At least in an AP build all 4 of your skills are equally effective.

ChaosGopherSucks

03-20-2010

The difference to Mystic Shot is its low mana cost and spammability, which effects entire early-mid game.

I can spam mystic shot with my chalice, I can't for essence flux. And by the time I get brutalizer, there's already a huge difference between my mystic shot dmg and an AP Ezreal's mystic shot dmg. And at least in my experience, if AP Ezreal fails in the early game, it's severely gimped mid/late game because of shortage of gold/items.

And that's just it. If you miss on Essence Flux...well, there goes ur burst heal in a team fight and you better start spamming mystic shot to get your recharge back (which will be doing minimal dmg and be quite useless during that time). Meanwhile, if you go AD, missing 1 mystic shot is fine, because you can just keep spamming them.

And as for the healing idea, healing your allies for an X amt of health in AP, while in AD, you can take X amt of health away from your opponent, doesn't that amount to almost the same thing (it might be a stretch, I dunno).

For the sake of a decent early game, i'm willing to go AD to be effective, but yeah, it really depends on playstyle and your opponent.

Toxic Nerve

03-20-2010

AP Ezreal grants him nuke-like abilities and he's able to take them down quick. The only time there are any "mana" problems with AP ezreal is early game. mid-late game he's perfectly fine and becomes OP if you go AP build.

AP allows great burst dmge and scales with 3 of his abilities. Everyone complains about not being able to angle E right. Want a tip? Use flash first than E into their face. Shoot W and Q and use to to Blink out of there, but if you used your ulti before you flashed into him, than he's probably running away with low hp, and you can save E for either catching up or finishing him off because when they run into the jungle to get away, there are no creeps so you don't have to worry about angles.

Problem with AD/DPS:

it only scales with Q
does not do enough dmge fast enough for ezreal to get a kill or survive.
hes too squishy so in an AD DPS battle, sivir, ashe yi or whover can easily break him.
It leaves his other 3 abilities under-powered and useless
He becomes only good for KSing.