[Discussion] AP vs AD Ezreal

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rallos

06-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneironaut View Post
Sheen = I hit just as hard with Q as he does, until he gets more than a BF sword. And by then I have lichbane + mejas stacks; which means I STILL hit harder until he has multiple BF Sword items..
This is sooo untrue its not even funny.
You are implying you will have farmed 4705 gold before he gets 4080 or 3065 ?
That sheen with its 3 sec cooldown is more DPS than Pickaxe or Brutaliser ?

I agree that AP Ezrael is a "assasin support" but for pure damage AD is the way to go.

I've seen 2 AD Ezraels with totally different builts :
1 Swiftness + Black Cleaver + Starks
2 Sorcerers + Madreds + Guinsoo

And both were very very scary, the BC one just melted people & tanks with red buff.
And ******* was impossible to kill (cleanse+exhaust+inbuilt blink)

1Eredale

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-14-2010

A bit offtopic, but WHY THE HELL do you people spell it "EzrAEl", not "EzrEAl"?! Is this so god**** hard?

Xammy

06-15-2010

I find that AP build is extremely helpful in a team fight when dealing with incoming creeps and tanks blocking your Q. It makes W much more effective. I hardly ever fight without another champion near by I am more often then not in team fights.

Having the new hybrid items helps your Q stay competitive even if it's not your primary nuke.

Crayon Puppet

06-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by gun fu panda View Post
AP has problems farming gold for the items it needs to carry.
wrong, learn to last hit

Crayon Puppet

06-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowAssault View Post
I build him Hybrid, get a lich bane for AD purposes, then get AP items.
lich bane is not a ad hybrid item it is a AP item, it provides 80ap and attack buff that scales 1 to 1 with your ap, and absolutely nothing valued by an ad hero, no attack speed, no attack damage, no nothing, and if you're getting a lich bane and then building ad items you just wasted 3.4k because with a lich bane the only thing that makes any sense for you to do is stack more ap so your lich bane proc hurts, if your only ap item is the lichbane itself u add a whopping 80damage to your next physical attack every 3 seconds after you cast a spell, when you could just get a cleaver and ad 75 damage to your attack every attack.... or an infinity and add 80 attack damage to every attack/+ 20% crits that crit for 250% instead of 200%

Crayon Puppet

06-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xammy View Post
I find that AP build is extremely helpful in a team fight when dealing with incoming creeps and tanks blocking your Q. It makes W much more effective. I hardly ever fight without another champion near by I am more often then not in team fights.

Having the new hybrid items helps your Q stay competitive even if it's not your primary nuke.
Lich bane zonyas makes your q more than competitive/ lichbane zonya and just 10 stacks on a soulstealer makes your q down right rediculous, if your argument for getting hybrid items is to keep q competitive it is a bad one. Late game Ezreal should be q shotting heroes for 700ish physical damage and no less than 500, with barons anyone not decked out in armor is taking 1k damage from q shot, thats 1k damage every 3second.....let me repeat that, 1000 physical damage every 3 seconds from ezreals q, this is only possible with an APbuild and even without barons let me just say 700 damage every 3seconds on a long range spell like mystic shot, is ****ing insane, and we haven't even begun to discuss the kinda W E and R do.

AD is bad, hybrid is worse

FuzzeWuzze

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

06-15-2010

Its all up to playstyles...and how good you are at landing the Q ability.

With AD Ez, and +18 Armor pen in runes i routinely get first blood.

Hell just last night I had my second 16-1 game with Ezreal against a AP Ezreal and his team.
(Shoulda been 20+ - 1 but my buddy kept getting all the last hits near the end..

If you can land your mystic shots on the right people(squishies) you can take them out in a matter of seconds.

Run in, Mystic shot, auto attack, warp back away hitting them, auto attack, mystic shot, repeat.

Unless thy are a tank they cant stand next to you doing this with sheen/triforce or ever catch you.

I more or less build the same thing every time with some variance if the enemy team is really good or really bad

Mana Crystal -> Sheen
Boots 1
Blood Thirster
Infinity Edge

If the team is really magic/snare/stun heavy i will go straight from Boots ->Mercury Treads

I really wish i had a video of last nights game so shut up all of you AD haters who have no idea what your talking about because you played AP Ez 50 games and cant fathom how AD could do well because playing AD Ez the same way you play AP Ez will get you wtfpwned.

Rallos

06-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2992011 View Post
. Late game Ezreal should be q shotting heroes for 700ish physical damage and no less than 500, with barons anyone not decked out in armor is taking 1k damage from q shot, thats 1k damage every 2second.....let me repeat that, 1000 physical damage every 2 seconds from ezreals q, this is only possible with an APbuild and even without barons let me just say 700 damage every 2seconds
God soooo many mistakes

1 => AP Ezrael's Q will ALWAYS do 250ish physical it will NEVER EVER do more.
2 => Lich Bane will add +AP to your auto attack every 3 seconds (and not 2)

So its very very very far from 1K Q and 1K auto and its not every 2 seconds.

Will 600AP (and i'm very generous you will have something like)

Q => 250ish physical dmg
W => Like always
E => Like always
R => Like Always
Bonus : Every 3 seconds your 100/hit auto attack gets a 600dmg bonus.

You will NEVER do 1000dmg every 2 seconds with Q (unless you built him AD).

Crayon Puppet

06-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rallos View Post
God soooo many mistakes

1 => AP Ezrael's Q will ALWAYS do 250ish physical it will NEVER EVER do more.
2 => Lich Bane will add +AP to your auto attack every 3 seconds (and not 2)

So its very very very far from 1K Q and 1K auto and its not every 2 seconds.

Will 600AP (and i'm very generous you will have something like)

Q => 250ish physical dmg
W => Like always
E => Like always
R => Like Always
Bonus : Every 3 seconds your 100/hit auto attack gets a 600dmg bonus.

You will NEVER do 1000dmg every 2 seconds with Q (unless you built him AD).
I said I've done 1k with barrons buff I didn't say I did it purely from ap, and I never said anything about 1k damage from auto attacks, really my point is with a lich bane the damage on Q scales way better with AP than with AD, and you have itemization choices that allow u to stack ap, get hp and also watch all ur other spells also become devastating. With an Ad build you can't possibly get to the same kinda of damage out put, while getting significant amounts health(which you really do need if you are going to spend so much time in close quaters with enemy heroes) attack speed if you think the 75% buff he gets from passive(which he gets from casting 4 spells 3 of which he has made effectively useless damage wise) is going to cut it against other DPSer heroes you are wrong. There just really isn't any viable way to get Ezreals Q to do more damage than an AP build, which is fine if his auto attacking abilities compensated for his lack of damage in other areas....but this hero called trist is effectively AD Ezreal that just make 1000 times more sense only difference is she can't snipe a hero that half way across the map like ez, but guess what AP ezreal is better than AD Ezreal at doing that.

And page full of force rune will put over 600 ap easy/ not to mention the new zonyas

Crayon Puppet

06-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chorus View Post
AD will always beat AP in a fight, even if all AP player scream LICH BANE. No, Q isn't what makes AD Ezreal hurt. Neither is W. Or E. Even R. Like all carries, it's all of those combined with 600 damage auto attacks that make AD Ezreal hurt so bad. He harasses better early game and can kill much better far sooner. If an AP Ezreal get's focused, he's useless. If he misses his ult, he's useless.

Yes, AP can Heal. He's a better team support for sure, but all it takes is for AD Ezreal to sneak up and instant kill AP Ezreal for AP Ezreal to be useless. Don't forget that AD Ezreal still heals and buffs. AD Is better picking off targets, while AP is better for AOE damage and heals.

The fact still stands that AD Ezreal fighting against AP Ezreal, AD will be able to out harass, out farm, and out damage 1vs1.
where do u get 600 damage auto attacks from, Ap ezreal will have more hp and a W that actually hurts... ad ezreal will b dead in 3hits max from AP ezreal. Plus early game W > Q if you have levels it and mana regen.