[Discussion] AP vs AD Ezreal

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DayInTheSun

05-05-2010

I play AD and I must say that AP is much more useful in a team fight overall in comparison to AD.

....But I still find AD much more fun, and it's not like AD Ezreal is as useless as an AP Pantheon or something.

Kyoko Sakura

05-05-2010

I build him Hybrid, get a lich bane for AD purposes, then get AP items.

Jamie Fawley

05-06-2010

DPS ezreal is alot weaker then AP ezreal, if ur relying on just Q for damage then your DPS will be **** and if your auto attacking for damage, a good team WILL target and RAPE you in seconds, even as AP ezreal you will know that but he can hang back more spamming his W and ulti and Q for more CD reduction and dmg if u got lichbane. AD ez will never beat a real warrior in a 1v1 bcuz he is squishy and has no stunning ability, just a flash that doesn't always get you away from danger. AP ez is great for healing team mates, and Great and hit and running in team fights. The mejai's stacks nicely since you should be at the back of fights usually and if it goes downhill u spam all ur skills and run/E out of there. I've been trying both builds(at the time with just MP5/18 runes) which both builds need and made me not have to buy MP5 items for. While AD ezreal is sometimes better at TT, he's still a pretty poor champion for that map so its SR that really counts for him anyways, meaning AP is the way to go as far as i see atm.

SleepyPandaBear

Recruiter

05-06-2010

I currently main AP ezreal, but also i play AD if my team needs carry. But to keep up with my mana i use blue/yellow mp/5 which gives you 28 mana at lvl 18. But i also use utility and get a dorans ring. at lvl 1 you will have 27mp/5 and thats how i last hit more effeciently. just q at llv 1 and it can last hit well. then i max out e ...

DrownYouOut

05-06-2010

i Find AD Ezreal alot more DMG'ing then an AP Ezreal but then again i've never played an AP EZ pnly faught them.... my build for EZ i almost always go 15+/1-3/10ish and i see alot of people saying blue buff is only good for AP but i use it ALOT for AD just for the mere fact that blue + chalice = full mana all the time... + the CDR from blue buff ETC with my build im ALWAYS using my ult in every team fight and inbetween team fights... because it comes back so quick with Q i also find it a little bit more safer because of the fact that your Q (it does phys DMG) has the most range (besides your ult) and your Q proc's lizard so that extra dmg + chunk of HP every 1.5 seconds? i love it...

Chalice/Boots of siftness/occult/ghostblade/trinity/Blood thirster

90% of the time im 15+/1-3/?

Nihil Sine Nefas

05-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrownYouOut View Post
i Find AD Ezreal alot more DMG'ing then an AP Ezreal but then again i've never played an AP EZ pnly faught them.... my build for EZ i almost always go 15+/1-3/10ish and i see alot of people saying blue buff is only good for AP but i use it ALOT for AD just for the mere fact that blue + chalice = full mana all the time... + the CDR from blue buff ETC with my build im ALWAYS using my ult in every team fight and inbetween team fights... because it comes back so quick with Q i also find it a little bit more safer because of the fact that your Q (it does phys DMG) has the most range (besides your ult) and your Q proc's lizard so that extra dmg + chunk of HP every 1.5 seconds? i love it...

Chalice/Boots of siftness/occult/ghostblade/trinity/Blood thirster

90% of the time im 15+/1-3/?
You're a level 2 with 1 win as Ezreal. Gtfo.

DrownYouOut

05-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihil Sine Nefas View Post
You're a level 2 with 1 win as Ezreal. Gtfo.
Lol this is my alt... there acc info is very similar so i always just log into what ever i feel is easier to type :P but yes 1 win with 40/0/6 ROFL

Headphones

06-14-2010

honestly, with the new patch changes with the nerf to Trueshot Barrage and the buff to Mystic Shot, I've been finding myself doing a hybrid style of play especially with the Hextech Gunblade, of which the vamps help. But I still lean more towards AP but the extra damage with mystic shot really does help considering it now packs more of a punch while reducing cooldowns for more raping.

Kikhan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-14-2010

ya with this nerf to the AO side of things and buff to the AD side of things. Along with all the new hybrid items. I have a feeling a hybrid AD build will be more competive these days. Unfortunately I will not be able to play for a month to know. I would like to read about what people are feeling about this change.

Fragglerock

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikhan View Post
ya with this nerf to the AO side of things and buff to the AD side of things. Along with all the new hybrid items. I have a feeling a hybrid AD build will be more competive these days. Unfortunately I will not be able to play for a month to know. I would like to read about what people are feeling about this change.
I'm thinking about the Hybrid, and this is what I've come up with after playing several games:

Hybrid items aren't that good for giving you a noteworthy Q. You need to stack a lot of armor pen and +dmg for Q to be good. Getting a decent Q, in my experience, requires too much gold to also have noticeable AP strength. Figure, you'll only get 7-8k spendable gold in an average game. Between potions, wards, mana/health regen, and boots, you've eaten up a good chunk. How far can you get up both paths with only ~5k gold? Probably better off going AP then LB for strong Q than hybrid.