[Discussion] AP vs AD Ezreal

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fragglerock

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

05-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voidgolem View Post
[/B]just...don't play Ezreal anymore. Please.
Its not as great as people think. It doesn't hit well until you have a lot of gear and people who are good don't get hit by it most of the time. They just stand behind something.

Garresh

05-05-2010

AP is definitely rape, but no matter how powerful he is he's worthless without his teammates. Try playing an AP Ezreal in a public game with allies you don't know, and then trust them to just handle things for the first 25 minutes while you're putting yourself together. Yeah, good luck.

When I play with friends, I run AP, but if I'm going it solo AD all the way, because it means you can be viable from the very beginning.

Willionaire

05-05-2010

Personally, I feel that Ezreal plays best as either a hybrid or a straight AP hero.

For hybrid I build as --

Dorans x HP Pot
Berserkers Boots
Sheen
Pickaxe -> Blasting Wand -> Guinsoo's
Finish Trinity
BF Sword -> Bloodthirster / or Rylais

I've had great success with this

Otherwise, when I'm grouped up LANing with friends I go full AP:

Emerald + HP/Mana pot
Sorc Boots/Sheen (either can go first)
Mejai's
Finish Lichbane
Zhonyas
Rylai's/Staff

This is really best I believe when playing with a team. Get a tank, melee carry, ranged/caster carry, you as caster support/carry, and a healer (taric/soraka). Very volatile team especially in team fights. Your heal + dmg then ultimate changes the tide of battle insanely, especially if done early and with good accuracy.

I mainly play hybrid though, because I don't have 5 friends all on at the same time too often, and usually I'll end up carrying.

(EDIT: I'm not a fan of AD straight because of the waste of his utlity spells and instant dmg burst)

CTHDRL

05-05-2010

I have played against a lot of AD Ez's as AP. Who varied from different skill ranges.

I have never been not as viable early and mid game as they have. In fact I have been MORE viable.

Sheen = I hit just as hard with Q as he does, until he gets more than a BF sword. And by then I have lichbane + mejas stacks; which means I STILL hit harder until he has multiple BF Sword items.

Speaking of mejas (which is not hard to stack at all; especially with new assist system) I hit harder the entire game + heal substantially more single handedly winning team fights.

I could see at lower Elos where teams are separated past level 7-8; but at my Elo (solo que at least) it's teamfight time the second someone's tower goes down.

AD Ez is about as useful as Teemo in a teamfight IMO.

AP is significantly better from my experiences. Not saying there are not good AD Ez's out there or that AD isn't viable. AP is just more useful, hits harder and has better survivability + teamfight presence ++ a harder global presence.

Chorus

05-05-2010

AD will always beat AP in a fight, even if all AP player scream LICH BANE. No, Q isn't what makes AD Ezreal hurt. Neither is W. Or E. Even R. Like all carries, it's all of those combined with 600 damage auto attacks that make AD Ezreal hurt so bad. He harasses better early game and can kill much better far sooner. If an AP Ezreal get's focused, he's useless. If he misses his ult, he's useless.

Yes, AP can Heal. He's a better team support for sure, but all it takes is for AD Ezreal to sneak up and instant kill AP Ezreal for AP Ezreal to be useless. Don't forget that AD Ezreal still heals and buffs. AD Is better picking off targets, while AP is better for AOE damage and heals.

The fact still stands that AD Ezreal fighting against AP Ezreal, AD will be able to out harass, out farm, and out damage 1vs1.

Khaztr

05-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garresh View Post
AP is definitely rape, but no matter how powerful he is he's worthless without his teammates. Try playing an AP Ezreal in a public game with allies you don't know, and then trust them to just handle things for the first 25 minutes while you're putting yourself together. Yeah, good luck.

When I play with friends, I run AP, but if I'm going it solo AD all the way, because it means you can be viable from the very beginning.
Spot on.

AP Ezreal contributes more to team fights, but is almost completely dependant on your team.

AD Ezreal doesn't depend near as much on your team, but doesn't contribute as much to team fights.

BTW, whether you're playing AD or AP on 3v3, try using an Elixir of Fortitude from the start. Your Q will deal insane damage for Lv1, plus you'll be able to tank a bit. If it doesn't give you a kill at the start of the game, you'll at least be able to farm much better for a few minutes before it wears off.

I recommend it for AP builds because that's probably you're only chance to contribute much before you get your ult.

Draykeh

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garresh View Post

This is exactly it. I do the same.

CTHDRL

05-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chorus View Post
AD will always beat AP in a fight, even if all AP player scream LICH BANE. No, Q isn't what makes AD Ezreal hurt. Neither is W. Or E. Even R. Like all carries, it's all of those combined with 600 damage auto attacks that make AD Ezreal hurt so bad. He harasses better early game and can kill much better far sooner. If an AP Ezreal get's focused, he's useless. If he misses his ult, he's useless.

Yes, AP can Heal. He's a better team support for sure, but all it takes is for AD Ezreal to sneak up and instant kill AP Ezreal for AP Ezreal to be useless. Don't forget that AD Ezreal still heals and buffs. AD Is better picking off targets, while AP is better for AOE damage and heals.

The fact still stands that AD Ezreal fighting against AP Ezreal, AD will be able to out harass, out farm, and out damage 1vs1.

You can't have 600 dmg auto attack + survivability.

AP could E+W faster than you can auto-attack them to death. You would lose every time.

So you are either facing bad AP Ez's or over exaggerate too much.

Xeyon

05-05-2010

AD is not useful in fights. Ezreal's range is very short meaning you will be in the front of the fight and therefore die first. AP ezreal just plain rapes with a skill that hits hard +debuff+ buff allies at the sametime.

CTHDRL

05-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by iHeart69 View Post
AD is not useful in fights. Ezreal's range is very short meaning you will be in the front of the fight and therefore die first. AP ezreal just plain rapes with a skill that hits hard +debuff+ buff allies at the sametime.

It isn't his range.

His range is longer than Nidalee's.

However AD Ezreal relies on his escape manuever to proc his passive; and intiiate into battle. And his heal does not affect himself.

While Nidalee can heal herself +give her self attackspeed at the same time, and her escape is infinite, has no cost and can even get her to escape from an ashe with frozen mallet + boots 3. Which is why Nidalee is a viable DPS and AD Ez isn't anywhere near Nid's level.