[Discussion] AP vs AD Ezreal

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Slywolf10

04-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwnacus Maximus View Post
I'd like to see an AD ezreal go 26/2/3. against same leveled summoners, no smurfs, nothing.
Easy to go 26 and 2 when your in low elo.

Azing

04-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slywolf10 View Post
Easy to go 26 and 2 when your in low elo.
Agree. Easy to get that to with AP since ******s don't know how to dodge the ult or move smart.

I remember when people cried out that Nidalee was best AP, and today the best build is AD with her still supporting good with her heal.

baalzy

04-04-2010

I do agree that AP is best on Ez. But you were on a team with a jax who was wearing 2 berserker greaves and you guys still won. That really speaks more about the lack of skill on the other team lol.

Naesala

04-04-2010

My vote goes to AP Ezreal, get a lich bane and then stack a massive amount of ap and you're ready to go.

The mana problem aren't much of a issue if you choose to pick up mp5/lvl runes (seals, glyphs and quints) and the mana summoner skill (forgot what it's named). That way you can spam as much you want without bothering about your mana (unless you're spamming when you shouldn't).

I don't really like AD Ezreal because it only scales with q and his passive, you're putting yourself in danger when you could instead stand back and kill them with your long range spells instead (think of it as a sniper. Keep in mind that most decent teams got a massive amount of aoe that's why you rather want to stand back so AD Ez is more in the danger zone).

Somafera

04-04-2010

I'm liking hybrid, triforce+stacked rageblade gives you enough AP, insane attack speed and decent burst.

Plus his Q is just meant to work with these 2 items.

Also chalice + brutalizer are usually good starting items if you don't feel like rushing triforce.

And seriously, all these impossible 6 item super AP builds just don't happen unless you are smurfing or something.

You have to think what you will get next and balance your gear, a lot of times using an elixir is more productive than trying to save for another item.

Hell, even chalice first isn't always possible if you are facing ******ed cc and burst, making you rush mercs and abuse pots.

But my ideal build would be something like:

Boots, triforce, guinsoo, soul shroud, frozen heart, starks if none of other carries built it, and if not some pure damage item (black cleaver since you can stack the debuff pretty fast or some AP item like archangel's staff).

Pwnacus Maximus

04-04-2010

115 AP simply is not enough. You'd need another AP item in there to make that hybrid build viable, and relying on guinsoos is not efficient, unless you just randomly shoot off a mystic shot every couple seconds to keep the stack up. A void staff thrown in there would make that build ALOT more effective.

Somafera

04-04-2010

Why would i need a void staff when most of my damage comes from q and auto attacks? W does nowhere near enough damage and its better to use it on allies, E is not really a damage source and ult is highly situational.

And you keep rageblade fully stacked during teamfights, and thats what matters.

Also you can use ap elixir.

Pwnacus Maximus

04-04-2010

if you said that you wanted a hybrid build, why would you leave the AP skills lacking instead of having both equally potent? seems to me you want a Q focused build, but you call it hybrid to avoid flak from other people.

edit:
in terms of determining when a build is AP or not for ezreal <---- in my opinion
1-150 AP = physical focused
150-250 AP = hybrid
275+ = AP

Blackstoise

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

04-04-2010

I think AP works great on him for a few reasons:
1) If built with the correct items, he can have over 3k health, with high burst damage and slow
2) He is not supposed to be the main carry, but rather the one who follows the carry, constantly healing and buffing the main carry. (Works great with a jax)
3) His ultimate will do cray high damage, and become an amazing move to use in the beginning of a team fight.

Swag Daddy Nik

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-04-2010

AP Ezreal is worlds better for the team. High damage Ult and a good heal/buff for your team and debuff/damage for the enemy. If you get off a good essence flux it can mean hell for the enemy. Whoever mentioned AP Nidalee however, if you look at her AP scaling compared to Ezreal's, you will see why AP Nidalee is inferior to AD.