Some things I love about Ezreal. (With my build in progress)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ereinion

03-17-2010

1. You want people to chase you so you can flash around them spiking them with your E.

2. You can heal 4 teammates and damage 5 enemies for the same amount if they decide to do a congo line! Also there is some attack speed buff/nerf in there.

3. Once you finally get Lichbane with an AP build your Q becomes useful as a damage ability!

4. Your ultimate has the range of Ash's, but damages EVERYTHING along the path. Late game you can be a real jerk, let the enemy team push mid then fire your ult right down the lane to kill all the creeps and gain some nice gold. Getting Ryleigh's with this brings even more lulz as the enemy may freak out expecting a gank and run away. Ultimate lulz if you actually do gank them.

Another possible use is to farm the enemies jungle from your fountain?

5. His dance. 'Nough said.

Anyway I have been playing this new champ a bit and will never claim to know everything there is, but I have found a build that works well with my playstyle, note it is an AP build.

Sorc boots / Merc Treads
Lich Bane
Mejais (situational)
Zhonya's
Ryleigh's

The final item is really difficult for me to settle on... I have tried Nashor's, Deathfire, Hanuting guise, Void staff... any tips on this?

Runes I like for him are my standard mages runes:
Red - Mpen
Yellow - Mregen/lvl (gives +16 / 5 at 18 I believe)
Blue - CD reduction
Quint - HP

MAsteries are 9 / 0 / 21 with max cooldown reduction and mana regen being priorities.

Gives me around 15% CDR so 25% item will max it (or a 10 and 15 like hanuting and deathfire)

Summoner spells for me are Teleport and a utility based on team composition (low crowd control and I'll take exhaust, lots of mages I'll taker clarity, if noone else does sometiems clairvoyance).

I have found that gettings 1 - 2 points in Q then maxing either W or E is working well.
I like maxing E first due to no mana increase per level, so only cd reduction and more damage for each point in it is a very nice bonus. Maxing W first is nice if being harassed and needing to do some long range harassment back (or heal your mate). I am still working on seeing if it is possible to throw out your W then tele infront of it with E to heal yourself, any info on this is appreciated.

Farming CAN be an issue but I find oncelevel 11 I just throw my ult down a lane that is pushed against our team and I can get 2 - 4 waves of creeps.Since it is on a 60 second timer when max cooldown I view it as spammable.

I really am having fun with this guy, he and singed both want to be chased for maximum damage, and everyone knows Singed is the best champ hands-down.

Comments and critiscism (constructive of course) appreciated!

-Erei

StretchyStretch

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-17-2010

I agree with your things, but i just want to point out a few things i dont like about him, sorry to be negative but i have some thoughts.

1. Hit ulti does barely more damage than Ashes and it gets reduced by creeps very easily.

2. His Q doesnt scale with AP at all, since its his main nuke i feel like im wasting money with AP items, but getting LB fixes this for the most part.

3. His W isnt very useful except for proccing his passive, but a lot of people have mediocre skills.

4. His /taunt and /joke suck! I cant remember what they are but i remember hearing them and thinking, "Thats not funny/intimidating."

Other than that hes cool, still need to try out some builds and stuff but i like.

Tubelord

03-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by StretchyStretch View Post
4. His /taunt and /joke suck! I cant remember what they are but i remember hearing them and thinking, "Thats not funny/intimidating."
never seen indiana jones? his /j and /t are awesome imo

Lyta Reimalken

03-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by StretchyStretch View Post
I agree with your things, but i just want to point out a few things i dont like about him, sorry to be negative but i have some thoughts.

1. Hit ulti does barely more damage than Ashes and it gets reduced by creeps very easily.

2. His Q doesnt scale with AP at all, since its his main nuke i feel like im wasting money with AP items, but getting LB fixes this for the most part.

3. His W isnt very useful except for proccing his passive, but a lot of people have mediocre skills.

Other than that hes cool, still need to try out some builds and stuff but i like.
I am playing the ap build and regards 2. Lichbane procs on the cast, and its then a 400-500 damage skillshot on a 2 second cooldown if you hit, thats plenty good enough for me.
Im quite liking the character so far, feels nice and different.
His W isnt great, but its not terrible either, the slow is unexpected and the heal on friendlies is a bonus. I'll confess, i level it last, but its not as bad as some skills.

On the whole im loving having range, skillshots are fun and the character feels fresh after a deluge of right-click heroes.

blackrains

03-17-2010

Just thought I'd add on to this from what I've learned playing Ez.

Quote:
I'd have to disagree, at end game I throw out around 1100 damage with his ulti, only shaves off a little each time, only if they're first in line though, generally this is enough to scare off a group of 5 people that are trying to backdoor a tower, or possibly kill one or two of them if they're low. I'll agree that the creep reduction sucks, especially since it hits neut monsters as well.

Quote:
. His Q doesnt scale with AP at all, since its his main nuke i feel like im wasting money with AP items, but getting LB fixes this for the most part.
Definitely agree, Q sucks, but I don't level Q past 1 until i get E and W maxed, by then I've got a LB made, just gotta practice the last hitting a bit more.

Quote:
It's his only ability that can pass through minions, besides his ulti. At endgame I generally hit for and heal for 600 with it. Great in team battles IMO as long as I'm not getting focused down first.

Quote:
I play with sound off... >_>

For the most part I pick up a Sheen first, since the mana to start really helps. If I feel like I'll get a couple kills in I'll get a Mejai's next, if not, sorc boots first. After boots and Mejai's I finish off my Lich Bane and from there I'll go for whatever I feel is better, if my team's doing badly I'll skip the Mejai's all together, either way I'll generally go for Zhonya's Ring next. Abyssal scepter and Void Staff for the penetration, and I'm pretty set with that. I really like stacking on the extra MP though, if you can get a champion to dip into the negative it can really tear em apart.