Rammus is op?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shadow Blade100

05-20-2011

ok so i just dont get it. rammus is an insta bann, i have yet to play in a ranked game where rammus isnt banned. he is the best tank imaginable, he kills turrets, deos AoE dmg. taunts and destroys all carries. he is impossible not to focus because of such a long taunt and how he rolls into u three screens ahead of his team. we all understand this.

and yet he is not considered op? i dont understand how all this deosnt = op. everyone groans when and if they see a rammus on the other team.

personally i have never won a ranked game against a rammus. i dont know quite what it is.
but i just think he is broken. he is too strong. how is this not considered op? and why has riot not fixed him as banns are so redundantly him? i dont understand.

Snaketeeth01

05-20-2011

Give him some CD reduction runes with HP and armor pen and he can deal some heavy heavy damage.
He does have alot of strengths. Chase, escape, taunt and shield.. all of which can be spammed.

While rammus is stacking armor and HP he leaves his MR his one weakness. Of course this is countered by his shiled BUT defensive curl will eventually go on CD, and while he is using you he wont be using his slam attack on you.

Best defense I've seen so far for rammus is to force him to overextend and lay some ranged AP on him.

I agree he is strong, but vayne is the only true OP.

SiriusBeatz

05-20-2011

Rammus is almost certainly not "the best tank imaginable." He's not that bad, I guess, but really, if anything at all goes wrong with his power ball, his whole initiation gets screwed. If he really zooms in 3 screens ahead of his team and taunts your carry, the rest of your team had better blow him to pieces before he manages to just stroll back to his team. There is no reason why he should be able to do that and live with no teammates to follow up his initiation.

Rammus is instabanned at lower ELO play because less experienced players aren't as familiar with proper positioning to avoid being taunted as a squishy. They also are probably overly susceptible to ganks from Rammus due to bad warding, unnecessary lane pushing, or just a lower degree of map awareness. All of that is player error: none of it is a fault of Rammus' design.

Incidentally, Rammus has already been nerfed into the ground in the past because he actually was problematic a long time ago. That is hardly the case as of now, though.

Prometheius

05-20-2011

He's the best GANK tank. He's the weakest support tank and has only average team-fight power.

Shen is the best support.

Alistar is the best fight tank and tower killer.

Amumu is the best magic team and AOE team fight tank.

Learn your four **** main tanks before spewing BS.

biomorph

05-20-2011

Rammus by him self is far from OP. The thing about Rammus is what he does or can do in team fights. A 3 second taunt is as good as certain death for who ever it lands on because when focused no non-tank champions can last that long.
The other thing is that he comes rolling out of a brush and if you do not have a blink he will catch you and you cant just burn Rammus because he is a little spiky ball of durability.
His Tremor is brilliant for pushing and is a reason for concern for enemy damage dealers.

He is just a straight forward pain in the neck for any team and with a decent team behind him his enemies will have a hard time.