My Sivir Build -- Good, bad, suggestions?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hippyy

03-17-2010

This isn't a guide much but more of a question of my item build on Sivir. I havn't played here long and items arn't really my strong point nor is clear character roles but, from what I've heard Sivir is more of a support/pusher because her damage isn't as good as most heroes and she doesn't have strong one on one attacks nor a good escape skill (On the Hunt is good for move speed but if theres more than one chances are theres a slow somewhere on them and then you're just SOL). So I tend to build her as someone who can do amazingly in a push and someone who can assist a team in high damage, without aura items.

Heres what I go with, why I go with it, and its in order.. (I'm not good with item names so if I say one of these wrong bare with me)

Meki pendant 1 hp/1 mp pot(s) > boots > chalice > finished boots > vampiric scept > 2 daggers > B.F. sword > malady > Black (Mamba? the big axe..) > Reverb Bow > Zeal > Wit's End > Phant. Dancer.

(And my skills are pretty iffy.. teliport and either flash/ignite/exgaust..)

My skill build varies depending on who I'm fighting. If I'm laned with someone who harasses with high damage skills, I get spell shield early, otherwise I just get ricco and boomerang ASAP.
W > Q > W(or e) > Q > Q > R > W > Q > E(if you didn't already get it) and so on till both Q and W are maxed.

Alright so I start with the basics, MP recovery item for constant ricco, HP pot for being harassed and longer time in a lane, and a MP pot for harassing (cuz boomerang takes a ton of MP and you don't want to run out of MP when a harass turns into a easy kill). I get boots next because this is about the time everyone else is starting to get them, and also when ganks tend to begin. Chalice is finished because its cheap and awesome throughout the game and lets you stay in a lane while spamming conciderably. When I get boots it just depends on who I'm playing aginst, and who I'm with. If no one else on my team has a haste, or the haste boots, or good disables. I tend to get speed boots so not to lose any kills. Sure On the Hunt gives movement speed increase but thats just all the more reason to get the fastest boots and be able to get more than one low HP runner. But I've also gotten Tabi boots for dodge and a little armor, or beserker's boots which give attk speed which is really useful at the start, but as I get more attk speed items later, I'm pretty sure they become null and void.

Next is the vamp and daggers for Malady. Usually I don't finish the Malady before I get my B.F., but it depends on who you're playing with. If your team needs the extra damage from you, I suggest you get it first. But if you have a concideribly bad team, I'd suggest you finish the Malady first as it lets you push a lane at increadible speeds, and also lets your team gank easier as the damage can build up for everyone. So after you've gotten both Malady and BF sword, try and finish your Black Axe(?). That added to the Malady and On the Hunt will make your team rediculously strong. Especially if they're high damage or DPS. It can even turn a tank into a DPS as I've noticed, which makes you, a support (healer) or disabler, and a tank, able to take out 5 people if you're wise about it.

After those two, I go for a revurb(?) bow, which gives nice attk and is useful enough to leave as is and get another item before Wit's End. The zeal will give you move speed, some crits, and more attk. Now your attack should be 2 hits per second, meaning your BA and Malady will be taking effect FAST. And that damage will show, when they go from full hp to half, and then die instantly from there. As you finish your Wit's End, you become unstopable on your own. Aslong as you dont' get disabled early you can kill at lightning speeds and turn their push into a retreat instantly. Standing near a tower they won't dare get close to it. Honestly, the game SHOULD be over at this point, if its STILL going. Finish your phantom dancer and trade out your beserks for some move speed boots and be a god.

--
Thats just how I see it. And so far I've gotten really great results for using this build. The only problem is that a lot of the items are high cost, but for good reason, they do wonders. I'm just curious about what the public thinks. Is this a bad build? Should the items go in a differant order, or any items be traded out? Again I'm not 100% knowledgeable about all the items, I'm relativly new here. This is just whats been working for me. (Oh and I havn't read any other Sivir guides, so if this is on someone elses guide then sorry for the echo. xD)

Leave your comments.

Deadwood Punch

03-17-2010

no starks, stopped reading

Shizz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadwood Punch View Post
no starks, stopped reading
QFT~ Stark's is core for Sivir. Moreso than chalice.

Asuran

03-17-2010

Guys, no need to be a**hats towards him.

Hippyy I would recommend that you read up some other guides on Sivir and try other builds. Although yours may be working for you, you'll find that you'd perform a lot better with other builds.

1) If you look up Mogri's God Tier Aura Sivir build I highly recommend it. Currently I'm 24w 5L with Sivir using the build, but it is more geared toward support and lane pushing. You'll find optimal skills set ups and if you read the thread on it there is a lot of debate and information on the points.

2) I wouldn't recommending getting the boots at that point. Even if you opted not to go for Aura build on Sivir, rushing the boots accomplishes little in most cases. Generally I skip finishing my boots in favor of getting Starks earlier. I understand that many people are finishing their boots, but the boot upgrade is normally pretty expensive for what it gives you. And Sivir is pretty fast to begin with.

3) If you are truly building for dps and that is your ideal play style on Sivir I would recommend learning to boomerang. A correct skill build is Q<E<Q<W<Q<R and continue this way. Until Q is maxed, then ricochet. Here is why:
A) BB offers a large burst when connecting on hits, this burst keeps the enemy fearing pushing toward you, allowing you to dominate your lane.
B) Ricochet is a crutch. A lot of Sivirs really like the ability because it allows them to damage opponents without trying. But the fact is, you do little bits of damage and most opponents will be built to burst damage. If they are at 70% health, and you are at 70% health, they will kill you most the time because your weak BB (from leveling Rico) can't take out enough HP compared to whatever burst they leveled.
C) I understand BB can be dodged, but if you watch the opponent you'll eventually be able to predict their movements. Maxing it early gives it a burst, as well as insane pushing power vs creeps.
D) If you're building to carry, honestly, how many times have you killed somebody with a ricochet? How many times with a BB? Obviously one is better than the other for killing.

4) As for items...off the top of my head for a Carry Sivir: Chalice, Boots 1, Last Whisper (Attack Speed and Armor Pen), Boots 2, Bloodthirster (Sivir can Max it the fastest), Frozen mallet (Slow+Survivability), and for the last either Mads Bloodrazor or Black Cleaver. I also may consider getting a Sword of the Occult early if you're good.

But that's just thinking about it.

5) I would also look at some carry guides for Sivir. Personally after going Aura I think that most people who try to build Sivir as a carry are scrubs (I would say no offense, but lets just call a spade a spade), but maybe they just like to have fun doing it, soo...whatever trips their trigger.

Hippyy

03-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuran View Post
Guys, no need to be a**hats towards him.

Hippyy I would recommend that you read up some other guides on Sivir and try other builds. Although yours may be working for you, you'll find that you'd perform a lot better with other builds.

1) If you look up Mogri's God Tier Aura Sivir build I highly recommend it. Currently I'm 24w 5L with Sivir using the build, but it is more geared toward support and lane pushing. You'll find optimal skills set ups and if you read the thread on it there is a lot of debate and information on the points.

2) I wouldn't recommending getting the boots at that point. Even if you opted not to go for Aura build on Sivir, rushing the boots accomplishes little in most cases. Generally I skip finishing my boots in favor of getting Starks earlier. I understand that many people are finishing their boots, but the boot upgrade is normally pretty expensive for what it gives you. And Sivir is pretty fast to begin with.

3) If you are truly building for dps and that is your ideal play style on Sivir I would recommend learning to boomerang. A correct skill build is Q<E<Q<W<Q<R and continue this way. Until Q is maxed, then ricochet. Here is why:
A) BB offers a large burst when connecting on hits, this burst keeps the enemy fearing pushing toward you, allowing you to dominate your lane.
B) Ricochet is a crutch. A lot of Sivirs really like the ability because it allows them to damage opponents without trying. But the fact is, you do little bits of damage and most opponents will be built to burst damage. If they are at 70% health, and you are at 70% health, they will kill you most the time because your weak BB (from leveling Rico) can't take out enough HP compared to whatever burst they leveled.
C) I understand BB can be dodged, but if you watch the opponent you'll eventually be able to predict their movements. Maxing it early gives it a burst, as well as insane pushing power vs creeps.
D) If you're building to carry, honestly, how many times have you killed somebody with a ricochet? How many times with a BB? Obviously one is better than the other for killing.

4) As for items...off the top of my head for a Carry Sivir: Chalice, Boots 1, Last Whisper (Attack Speed and Armor Pen), Boots 2, Bloodthirster (Sivir can Max it the fastest), Frozen mallet (Slow+Survivability), and for the last either Mads Bloodrazor or Black Cleaver. I also may consider getting a Sword of the Occult early if you're good.

But that's just thinking about it.

5) I would also look at some carry guides for Sivir. Personally after going Aura I think that most people who try to build Sivir as a carry are scrubs (I would say no offense, but lets just call a spade a spade), but maybe they just like to have fun doing it, soo...whatever trips their trigger.
Well, like I said I'm not very good with items. I just go with whatever sounds best to me at the time. I didn't see Slarks as such a great item.. I guess its just because I subbed the damage improvements for everyone from the other items instead of the 20% atk aura. When I think about it, the slarks is a lot cheaper and would probably help more. I am pretty new to LoL and I do like using Sivir as a carry, mainly because shes easy to use and requires little thought/skill. Just quick reaction with shield and a little prediction for BB. I lean towards ricco not for the harass but mainly because it pushes a lane fast with less mana drain. BB does push a lane /faster/ but it takes a huge chunk of mana, I tend to use both in a lane but only every once in a while I try and stay above half MP at all times incase I have to start spamming BB on someone. And early game its hard to push with BB seeing as it takes huge mana and your regen is pretty slow early. I'm only level 13, I don't have runes and masteries to make it easier.

I wonder about early boots but everytime I look around everyone has finished boots by 6 or so. But then when I read a guide they always say to get boots late.. I never know which to follow. But I'll try out a aura build, sounds interesting. Thanks for the comment/help. Despite kinda canceling it out at the end with that scrub part.. xD

OctopusDropkick

03-17-2010

Starks is currently the most OP'd item in the game. You get so much for what you pay for. It's as strong offensively as Sivir's ult, maybe even more. Get Starks.

Chalice, Boots, Starks is all good. Aegis is also good if no one is building it. If you need killing power, try a Black Cleaver. It's cheap and you'll have a very fast IAS with your ult to quickly debuff targets.

Don't get things like Infinity Edge or crit related items for Sivir. Her ricochet doesn't take these into account. Ideally, a Bloodthirster is the best offensive item if you've got the cash and find yourself surviving. You can quickly build it up to max with Sivir's ability to get minion kills while granting pure damage, which ricochet uses.

Meehl

03-17-2010

When I mid sivir:

I always get boot +1 early with sivir because I push the creep so quickly that I am susceptible to early ganks.

I go clarity and flash. Clarity I need bc i throw my BB at the creeps all the time to level as quickly as possible. I throw it at the enemy heros to push them back and get the creep to myself. I want the gold quickly and the level advantage over the opponents. I start with rich, but then go BB, rich, BB, etc. I'm constantly pushing my opponent to low hp, then I'll favor BB to go for a kill. If the opponent is not low hp and plays well, I'll rich more to level faster. I spell shield early if I'm against a caster like ryze or veiger or if I'm against an ashe. If I have a disorganized solo team, I won't get my ulti until lvl 8 or so because its not worth it.

chalice, boots (+ the attack speed), starks (the life steal is great for sivir's initial low hp; the attack speed bonus is huge; the -opponent armor is huge).

Next, it depends on how much cash I have. I usually dont have enough for a BF sword, so I go for life steal. Then, I save up for the blood thirster. Then, I get another one. I had thought about last whisperer as the fourth item, but 40% armor penetration requires a lot of armor in my opponent to do more damage than the Blood thirster, and heros usually dont have that much armor early. I have tried the frozen mallet and the blood razors, but I rarely play a game that lasts long enough to be worth buying one.

That's my build and I win about 70% of the games I play with sivir, which is good enough for me.

It all goes out the window if I go top or bottom and I adjust based on the situation and team characteristics.

Modru of Gron

03-17-2010

I used to go full damage and attack speed on Sivir and did well with it for the most part until I got to a higher level of play. So I decided to look at guides and test out several builds. There weren't too many that I could find but the ones I did find suggested several items I would never think and some of these did relatively well. Anyways, I have posted the summoner spells and items that I have gotten used to below. The game is all about trying out new playstyles, in my opinion, and finding the best suited for you so feel free to give it a try if you want.

Sumoner Spells: Rally/Teleport

Rally - Can be used both offensively and defensively. Defensively can be used for HP gain if you took severe damage. Can be used offensively to take out minions because its effects apply to minions as well as yourself. I almost always use it offensively and pop it out in front of a turret.

Teleport - Allows you to get to your lane faster, giving you even more farming potential. Allows you to get to other lanes as well to help in a defense or to help in a team fight near the lane. You can also teleport on minions so there is some ganking potential but if I teleport on a minion, I am usually aiming for a turret or inhib.

Items

I like to go Meki Pendant + 2 HP pots - Chalice - Boots 1 - Madred's Razor (For early dragon if in the lane with the dragon nearby. If not, do not use this) - Stark's Fervor and its components (Emblem of Valor first) - Boots 2 (depends on opponents, also faster boots are generally a waste) - Madreds Bloodrazor (Remove if you did not get an early Bloodrazor) - Aegis (If someone already has Aegis get Banshee's Veil) - Bloodthirster

If I do not get Madred's, I usually get Frozen Mallet because of the slow and HP, not to mention the extra bit of damage. Also, depending on the enemy team and playstyles I sometimes change the order on everything but the Boots 2, Stark's, and Chalice.

Reasons:

Chalice - Superb mana regen, for Sivir, and a nice MR bonus. Allows you to spam ricochet and use BB often. It's also very cheap.

2 HP pots - Allows you to outlast almost any opponent in mid lane. I always take rally as well, because it affects minions and makes them stronger at breaking towers, so generally the enemy has to retreat twice before I retreat once

Boots 2 - common sense. Bezerker's Greaves, Mercury's Treads, and Ninja Tabi are the only ones that should be used on Sivir.

Starks - Lifesteal, attack speed, HP regen, and the aura.

Madred's Bloodrazor - I get Madred's Razor quite a bit early on to get early dragon kills, so why not upgrade it later on. The Bloodrazor gives damage, armor, attack speed and a passive, all good stuff. Ricochet might not apply the passive on anything but the first hit, but the passive is just an extra bonus compared to what else it gives you. When this is completed, I usually harass the enemy tank if he is in range.

Aegis - Gives you and your allies (including minions I believe) armor, damage, and MR. Giving you bonus health is just icing on the cake

Banshee's Veil - Adds an extra spellshield every 30 secs, MR, and some mana and health. Adds survivability. Aegis is more important in my opinion, so I only get this if someone else has aegis

Bloodthirster - Your allies benefit in team fights just by you being there if you get Aegis and Stark's, but your punch is a bit low. Bloodthirster gives you damage and lifesteal and because you are Sivir, you can take advantage of the passive to its fullest

Slide

03-18-2010

Some pretty good info in this thread. The most important being that Starks is core on Sivir. Whether you are going auras or not. The reason being, its a HELL of a lot better then malady, even considering the increased cost. Thats just on you, never mind the fact that it gives your teamates the bonuses as well.

Starks certainly is the most powerful item in the game. I dont know if I would call it OP though in any other situation then on Aura Teamplaying Sivir.

In any case, to be perfectly honest, so long as your going Chalice->Boots->Starks, it will work out. Dont get AP items or anithing but after the 3 core items, anything will do, just suit it to your tastes.

If it were me I would pick:

For defense/support: Aegis
For damage/survival: Bloodthirster
For defense/survival: Guardian Angel

Thats the last 3 parts of my build. RARELY do I get to even begin building GA. Starks + Aegis + Sivir is just WAY too much push (you may not know but aegis affects your minions, giving them an extra tower shot of EHP and +10 damage.........which adds up to INSANE DPS when you activate On the Hunt, which also affects the minions)

Though many things do work including other damage items (although IE is worse for Sivir then every other damage item). Last Whisper works great on her. Brutalizer can go nicely with her as can phantom dancer.

Basically stick with the first 3 items, dont get anything with AP and you should do fine.

I will say though that Aura Sivir described by Mogris guide is BY FAR the most powerful incarnation of Sivir. Hands down.

Meehl

03-23-2010

blood thirster and another blood thirster and you'll do fine. Forget Aegis, when you can do more damage with another blood thirster why do aegis at all? Who cares if you boost minions a trivial amount?