Shaco questions...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fallen 62

03-17-2010

So, I kinda want to try taking Shaco and see how I do with him, but I have some questions. I've played him on the TR and I pretty much build him as an AD build. What I want to know is what exactly should I use as an AD Shaco...?

I believe I went something like:
Brutalizer
Zerk Boots
SotO
IE
Bloodthirster
Phantom

Games usually didn't last that long, but I could at least prolong them to get the IE done and start on the bloodthirster. Granted, this was also against bots. Is Sword of the Divine even worth getting on him...? I know they changed it, but it adds massive damage now. Just curious what other people do.

Oh, and what skill order do you go...? I usually go JitB first, then Deceive and then Two Shiv., levelling Shiv and Deceive, ult when it comes up. What do you guys do for skill order? I've looked at some of the guides here and at Leaguecraft and they seem to be somewhat out of date.

mnso

03-17-2010

I play alot of shaco and this is what i build.

1. philo stone if you are harrased and spam shiv and boxes more than you should. or you can skip it and buy parts of gear listed below like a longsword etc.
2. boots of mobility - reason for these boots is to close in on a deceive at range, for example if someone is trying to bring your tower down and got low health you can deceive from a greater distance and reach them without being seen.
3. sword of the occult
4. infinity edge
5. last whisper
games usualy end here or sooner, if not just buy whatever damage items you find necessary but i usualy just buy 2 bloodthirster and phantomdancer if games goes this far.

as for how to play with him, shaco is an oppurtunist and you should play as one.
Try join ganks or teamfights to charge your sword and your good to go.
Also try setup ganks at all times cause thats realy what shaco is about, but dont do stupid stuff.

as for skill order i usualy take first skill in jitb for golem and then deceive and shiv, after that i max deceive first and 1 point in hallucinate at 6 then shiv and last hallucinate

anyways this is how i play him and usualy it works out fine.

WhackedRak

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-17-2010

for AD shaco, you should level JitB last.

i like maxing shiv first for good dps due to slow and blind + a good last hit killer when you activate it

good route to go with shaco is jungling.

you can open with dorans blade, or cloth armor as long as you have a mana pot

if you get JitB at lvl 1, you can make a nest of 4-5 of them and kill lizard camp - set them a lil higher above the camp and lead the big liz into the nest. after that camp one more lil-wolf creep will make you level 2 so you should get deceive and check the lanes to see if you could get an easy gank at mid or top/bottom.. otherwise just going into your lane is a good idea.

going the madreds route is a good idea. you will be able to solo dragon once you hit level 6 with your ult.(make sure to JitB often to draw its aggro away from you so you can hit it from behind to get +25% bonus from his passive)

brutalizer is a good next choice

if you upgrade the madreds all the way to bloodrazor, you'll be doing a ton of damage with the ult. cause the clone induces all on hit effects. -

after that.. lifesteal is good it lets you stay around longer. a simple vampiric sceptor works. but you could upgrade it to blood thirster - but im torn here because black cleaver is really good on him too (as his clone procs the passive on every hit.. so sneaking up on someone and ulting pretty much instantly gives full black cleaver stacks..)

Good shacos should never die.. so defense shouldn't really be an issue. unless the other team has massive stun locking skills you don't need too much D. This also makes stacking items good on him. If you sense a good game.. get sword of the occult -> leviathon

Sword of the divine is a good choice only if a jax is a threat on the other team. you would turn your recursive bow into that instead of Madreds...

any other Q's?

Azghyn Nite

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-17-2010

Don't get JitB last, get it sometime in mid like level 8 or 10. It is your stun tool and gives you a bit of extra damage against a person/turret.

Fbsunny

03-17-2010

I go with
1. phil stone
2. boots, eventually to mobility or merc if needed
3. IE
4. brutalizer if you think the armor pen is needed
5. Guardian Angel
6. Bloodthirster
7. Sell philo stone and buy something else, maybe a black cleaver

for skills i go
Q
E or W depending on what you think you need
Q
E or W whichever you did not get at level 2
Q
R
Q
E
Q Maxed
E
R
E
E
W
W
R
W
W

I like to have one level of jitb for map awarness and for a little bit of the fear. Then max decieve first because it increases the damage, and it also decreases the mana cost. Get R whenever you can.

For runes Armor pen Quints and marks, mana regen or dodge seals, CDR or mana regen glyphs

21/0/9 for masteries, making sure to get armor pen and 10% crit damage in offense and the 10% experience and 1 in the mana regen for utility

littleevil

03-17-2010

ALWAYS get jitb lvl 1 first
except for the momments when u will gank right from the lvl 1 with hp pot than get deceive 1st

other than that jitb lvl 1 is always 1st than deceive than 2 shiv after that max deceive than shiv than jitb

items
boots + 2 hp pots + 1 mana pot
or
fort elixir 2 mana 2 hp pot

get lizard or golem 1st
start stcking boxes at 50 seconds - get 5 of them - pull lizard or golem into nest = profit from free buff

2 builds

boots
madreds bloodrazor
melady

or

boots
infinity
melady

items u can add if u want are

brutalizer - good item fairly cheap - u can get it early cd reduce and 25 dmg is very good early on
sword of the occult - u can also get it now with the buff its even more sick than before - charges can be a problem if u cant keep them up
sheen-triforce-not a bad item- its good to get it if ur new to shaco and have problem staying alive
guardian angel - should be bought after u get either of the 2 builds
boots - get w/e boots are needed depending on the team ur facing

27/3/0 or 27/0/3 mastery
ignite+exost

runes - red armor pen or crit dmg (shaco is exception where crit dmg is good)
quints - armor pen or crit dmg
yellow - flat hp or dodge or crit dmg
blue - cd or mana or mana regen or crit dmg

Fallen 62

03-18-2010

Thanks for the input guys. Anyone else have any opinions...? I'm honestly not much of a jungler, but I can definitely try and run some practice games on Live now that I have him and try it out. Should be interesting :P

I'm thinking I'd prolly go with something like this:

Boots of Mobility
Madreds Bloodrazor
Bloodthirster
IE
Last Whisper
Black Cleaver

I doubt games would get past IE much, but can't hurt to have a build somewhat thought out :P I'd get JitB at level 1 still, then Deceive and 2 Shiv, with a maxing of Ult - Deceive - 2 Shiv - JitB. That sound about right? Any other helpers, pointers, tips, and/or suggestions?

Fbsunny

03-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen 62 View Post
Thanks for the input guys. Anyone else have any opinions...? I'm honestly not much of a jungler, but I can definitely try and run some practice games on Live now that I have him and try it out. Should be interesting :P

I'm thinking I'd prolly go with something like this:

Boots of Mobility
Madreds Bloodrazor
Bloodthirster
IE
Last Whisper
Black Cleaver

I doubt games would get past IE much, but can't hurt to have a build somewhat thought out :P I'd get JitB at level 1 still, then Deceive and 2 Shiv, with a maxing of Ult - Deceive - 2 Shiv - JitB. That sound about right? Any other helpers, pointers, tips, and/or suggestions?
I would really recommend getting IE before you get the Bloodthirster, every single time you decieve you will make use of the passive from IE, not to mention just on normal crits. If you feel like you need the life steal then get the vampiric scepter after boots, then IE then finish Bloodthirster.

Also if you are planning on getting a Black Cleaver I would recommend getting Stark's instead of last whisper, because the way that armor is calculated it makes last whisper and black cleaver together a waste.

Fallen 62

03-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbsunny View Post
I would really recommend getting IE before you get the Bloodthirster, every single time you decieve you will make use of the passive from IE, not to mention just on normal crits. If you feel like you need the life steal then get the vampiric scepter after boots, then IE then finish Bloodthirster.

Also if you are planning on getting a Black Cleaver I would recommend getting Stark's instead of last whisper, because the way that armor is calculated it makes last whisper and black cleaver together a waste.
Cool, thanks I'd probably get Black Cleaver because of the damage, so I'll prolly go Starks then.