Countering Teemo's shrooms?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Alzarath

05-20-2011

I'm sure the top 3 reasons I'll be hearing are Banshee's Veil, Oracles and don't go in bushes.

Banshee's Veil
Sure, Banshee's Veil will reduce their damage and stop 1. Well, Banshee's Veil has a 45 second cooldown, chances are, if he's keeping up on shroom duty, you're not just gonna hit one. They still deal tons of damage and have a pretty massive slow (not to mention being AoE, so your friends hitting them wont help you)

Oracles
What Teemo doesn't store the majority of them in bushes? All you'll be doing is painting a target on your head and wasting $400 while Oracles saves you from 1 or 2 shrooms. Not to mention, you earn nothing from them, so you wont be getting money back from them.

Don't go in bushes
Okay, the most likely way to counter them. But can you honestly say you can successfully go an entire game without going through bushes? Or even remember to do so? It'd take time and effort just to avoid the bushes, which when the enemy is on your back, you're usually more worried about the quickest way to get away.

So, what's the most effective, money-saving method of avoiding Teemo's shrooms?

DaFront

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-20-2011

stay on the main path

VerumVenari

05-20-2011

As a Teemo player, I have never really seen people grab a good counter to shrooms. Granted, I am still at lvl 15 skill level around me, but eh. I saw 1 Kassadin get an elix once, and that did ok for him cause my team never focussed him down. But even so, with shrooms free, it took him quite a bit of time to kill them.

So, hope you don't get hit by too many, don't just run into bushes because you can, and if you get the chance to see one popping down, shoot it. Not much else I got.

JeryC

05-20-2011

avoid shrooms? what for? buy a oracle and clear them.

Hence

05-20-2011

shields. Janna, Karma, Morgana's shields mostly block the damage and have low enough CD to be used repeatedly.

Snaketeeth01

05-20-2011

I have honestly never found shrroms to be a pain in the ass.

The only 2 downsides to shrooms are if you are low HP and unfortunate enough to trigger one while trying to escape, and the vision that they grant.

Best way to avoid shrooms is to be aware of where teemo typically plants. High traffic areas. He will be blocking paths that will lead to behind him to prevent himself from getting ganked, and typical in jungle entrances. I'm not saying I dont trip a random shroom here and there but I suggest while he has sight to keep travelling the direction that you were until sight where's off then turn backwards and towards your team. Especially if the enemy team is MIA. Assume they will try to track you, then use your own mates within a bush and lure the enemy to a trap for a multi-jump gank.

If Teemo's shroom's are dealing more damage to you than you like, press "O" and check his current items. Likely if his schrroms hurt he's going AP build and relying on poisens to take you out. As squishy as teemo is, he will be lower DPS and vulnerable to a fast burst. Take advantage of this by taking note of where that particular teemo tends to drop his shrooms and place a few wards nearby those areas. If you happen to be in the area while he is solo, drop in to say hi by smashing his cute little face in. Just be aware if he is using flash as it is on majority teemo.

If you are taking significant damage from teemo's shrooms while yo are a physical DPS char get a quiksilver sash. The MR will help you survive all enemy AP anyway, plus now at least when you do rush in towards teemo and he blinds you, you can wipe that away and kick his ass while he makes a poor attempt to escape.

JohnCataldo

05-20-2011

Merc Treads.

Reduce damage from MR, reduce slow duration from tenacity.

JohnnyThrash

05-21-2011

Stay out of bushes? A smart Teemo will place them on the path knowing you know to stay out of the bushes thus keeping you guessing even more.