Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Kat viable?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Joffer

05-20-2011

I've been playing a lot of Katarina lately and I've pretty much just been face rolling normal games but I wanted to know if you guys would consider her a viable champ and a good addition to a team if I was to play ranked with her.

Lucky In Love

05-20-2011

She's alright, but I'd much prefer to see stronger champions on my team.

Verodimus

05-20-2011

She's not bad. Just don't ult into the middle of an enemy team with 3 CCs and get pwned. Use it at the right time, and don;t be too reliant on it. Don't neglect your Q as it is an excellent harass, especially in conjunction with W, as it reduces enemy healing. Play cautiously. It's easy to get yourself in a bad situation with her, so be careful. In normal you can sometimes get away with using your ult to wreck the enemy team, but you can't get away with overagression in ranked games.

TheAsianPlayboy

05-20-2011

If winning is your priority, I'd say don't play her. She isn't terrible, but there are better champions.

Kikhan

05-21-2011

Unfortunately she does not bring much to the table for your team. She is a solid late pick if your opponents are not stacking much cc. If you pick her early then a competent team will have at least 2 people looking to lock down your ult with some form of cc. Also as a late pick if your team needs some AoE or is building and AoE team build she can be a very solid pick.

HotsauceShoTYME

05-21-2011

It's important you play your part and the rest of the team does as well when you play Kat. Kat can't carry. late. She is dominant early and mid game and tapers off greatly after 16. I can't tell you how many games i have gone 24/7/xx or how many times I have seen 3-5 KDA kats lose late cause the carry did not take over or the other key roles were lacking.

Simply put she is best used to control a game till your carry can farm and rape and getting past enemy lines to rape the ranged carry. That is it.

biomorph

05-21-2011

Katarina has absolutely devastating potential but at the same time if you shut down her lotus she will be a trick pony kill stealing with shunpo at best. The whole trick about Katarina is knowing when to jump in and firing your lotus.
In other words she can be very viable but is not a safe choice for reason stated above.
So when to pick Katarina you might ask?
You should pick her when:
#1 You have a good combo like say amumu, Galio, etc or just a few others that can draw out enemy CC or just cause havoc in enemy ranks.
#2 You are in ranked and have 4th or 5th pick and the first 3-4 enemy picks have little to no CC to shut down your lotus.

Katarina's only problem is Stuns and Silences. if there is none of that then you can rape so hard with Katarina in which case she is not only viable but a queen of blades in her own right. And even if they might have a stun or two you can still rock because it's all about timing and it can be a hair trigger between great success or humiliating disaster.

To answer your question more directly: She is viable conditioned that you are not facing heavy CC.

Quote:
Kikhan:
Unfortunately she does not bring much to the table for your team.

This is just complete non seqiteur. She is a killer and thus it follows that she is supposed to kill and she can do that job extremely well. She is all ready under enough scrutiny and accused as OP as it is. If she had more to bring then she would be scary beyond belief.

LordWalmart

05-21-2011

Theres atleast one player over 2k elo who mains kat sooo it can be done

hydrogencar

05-21-2011

An okay duo lane.