Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Philosopher stones on Janna?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Squeakums

05-20-2011

My normal Janna build order is something like this:

Tears > Archangels (last item upgraded)
Boots
Aegis
Shurelya's
*two items depending on game*

So I tried a game (Co Op) and I got 5 stones, it seemed to work very nice. Good health/mana regen, could spam my W to harass without needing pots, and 29 gold per 10 secs (4 from masteries/quints) seemed very nice on a support who doesn't get any farm normally. How do builds like this work out in actual games? Not worth going for? The build I usually use needs 2 stones anyway (the new item + shurelya's) so they wouldn't be a complete waste, and the stones do pay for themselves rather quickly. By the time you need to sell them, they'll have made a profit anyway.

I've never used them on Janna, usually just Alistar. Stick to the old build, or go for this one? Obviously I'll try it out still, but anyone have any thoughts on which is better?

TheAsianPlayboy

05-20-2011

2 stones on janna is alright. I don't play her but i see other Janna's do it and they do alright.

Squeakums

05-20-2011

I just think that 2 stones isn't much of an impact and it'd be better to get a lot of them for early on, or just go for the Tears. In that 22 minute game I made 9,300 gold. Which is pretty darn nice.

biomorph

05-20-2011

Philo stone is a good item on Janna, I've tried it, but I find that I can do well without it and just skip right to items that are the back bone in the concept I pursue. If I was to use it again I would be to upgrade it to the new Eleisa's Miracle (http://leaguecraft.com/item/Eleisa%27s%20Miracle) for tenacity.

I would recommend starting with Catalyst. It gives you lane presence and much needed survivability.
Arch Angel is great but it's a long farm and adds no survivability.
Further as Janna farming items is a bit tedious - if you take your support role seriously - so your options are somewhat limited.

I find the following build to work pretty well:

Masteries:
0/9/21, Strength of Spirit + marginal defense can save our day at lane.

Runes:
HP quints, Armor marks, MR5/lvl seals, CDR glyphs.

- Mana Crystal + 2 HP pots
- Catalyst (asap)
- CDR Boots
- Fiendish Codex
- Banshee (from catalyst)
- Morello (from codex)

This build will cap your CDR, Give you the MR5 you need and enough Survivability + AP to do your job.
The build works well at all stages while you assemble it which is what I have in high focus when making builds.
I would love to squeeze a Aegis in there somewhere but it would break the concept if I replaced any if the items.

PS. Always carry a stack of wards with you (which is why Janna builds are always end up being budget versions)