Fun Tournament mode

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

blackmoses

03-17-2010

Us at Legion-gaming have named this game mode as dodgeball. Basically its like school yard dogeball rules where if you get hit with the ball (die) you must remain at your base until your team hits one of them with a ball (they die). You may then return to the fight. That's the gist of it, but I'll list some rules that we've thought up one night.

This has not been tested and the rules are a rough draft. We'll be testing this game mode this friday during our on in house scrim/tournament. Will post results.

Rules:
I. General Rules

1. If you die you must wait at your base until one of four things happens:
a. You use the summoner spell "revive". This will allow you to jump back into the fight imeediatly without waiting.
b. Your team kills an enemy opponent, or baron.
c. Your team downs a tower
d. Champions waiting at base are allowed to defend base towers and inhibitors against any creep push
i. during your defense of your base if there's an enemy champion in that push you may not defend the tower but you can defend the inhibitor

2. First in First out. As in more than one champion waiting to come back into play the first one who died is the first one back.
a. Revive cancels this process - as in if you use revive you don't have to wait in line.

3. If any team downs an inhibitor all the opposing team champions waiting to come back can now reenter the game.

II. Champion Draft

1. The ban process will go 1-2-2-1 (maybe to much banning maybe not discuss)

2. Draft process will go 1-2-2-2-2-1
a. Draft picks are exclusive. There can not be the same champion on both teams (maybe we don't make it exclusive discuss)

blackmoses

03-19-2010

updates to rules:
1 tower kill = 1 person back
if you do baron other team gets their hole team back
same for inhibs
revive is fine since it has a 9 min cooldown but you must use ur revive during your timer and you should announce it when your using it in all chat

more testing and updates to come maybe

creakydoors

03-19-2010

sounds interesting, but maybe it's just the draft/ban picking that turns me on.

Fogojam

03-19-2010

There's one problem I see, say that one team gets a few early game kills, then they can just stay in lane farming creeps until they have a large level advantage. At that point the game would basically be over in about 10-15 minutes.

Another minor problem would be keeping people honest about revive, but that really just depends who you're playing against.

Fogojam

03-19-2010

Also how do you win?

Do have to kill the nexus or just get all 5 of the other team out?

blackmoses

03-19-2010

ya standard rules for winning apply. That's kind of the point fogo. It completely changes the standard laning at the biginning of the game. We're fully testing the idea tonight you're more than welcome to play fogo stop by vent. About the revive i guess some kids need to cheat so i suppose it's an honor system. Maybe we'll add if your team gets dragon before a certian time limit you are allowed to get one champion back into the game. but make it worth nothing later in game.