Amumu

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Baladar

08-29-2009

Played him last night and while he could survive a few more hits than other equal level heroes, his abilities and damage output well too low. His bandage toss ability is also not working right, in that it is prone to missing if the target moves. This should be fixed by making it so that if the ability hits noone, then the mana should be returned and the cooldown ethier waived or severly cutdown. But the cooldown should be full if a foe is hit.

ales

08-29-2009

bandage toss, like ashe's arrow has no impact radius. it either hits dead on or it misses. he's fine and can do some massive damage with sunfire caps and his aura

r4p3d

08-29-2009

why the **** should cooldown be cutdown/removed when u juz cant aim? your fault lol

The Water Bear

08-29-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baladar View Post
Played him last night and while he could survive a few more hits than other equal level heroes, his abilities and damage output well too low. His bandage toss ability is also not working right, in that it is prone to missing if the target moves. This should be fixed by making it so that if the ability hits noone, then the mana should be returned and the cooldown ethier waived or severly cutdown. But the cooldown should be full if a foe is hit.
Troll detected.

Stay Positive

08-29-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baladar View Post
Check out the Amunu guide here on the forums. It shows one way to play him that works pretty well. But basically hes fine just need to study a bit and get the hang of him.

EDIT: I take it back .... Amanu does need a buff. Hes a great solo farmer his ult is deadly but other than that I think hes just not that threatening. He does need some help i think.

Vargoth

08-29-2009

I was playing him a couple times today and noticed that Dispair wasn't doing any damage to nearby enemies - even enemies standing right next to me! It was burning my mana though... =P Overall, a fun hero to play (the bandage toss takes a little practice, but is not hard - if you've played DOTA, it's just like pudge's hook). I'd just like to see his Dispair ability working.

dream

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

08-29-2009

I agree. Everytime I fire a skillshot that doesn't hit, it feels wasted. If my ability misses, they should keep letting me use it instantly for no mana cost until I hit someone. Also, its really lame when i hit a creep. Please make all skillshots go through creeps. I mean, how are you supposed to hit morgana's dark binding.

On topic: Amumu doesn't need any buffs at all and his damage is extremely high in lanes and late game with sunfire capes/despair.

Garak

08-29-2009

I could see mana cost refunded on skillshots, but not cooldown or it's just pointless having it be a skillshot. However, on the whole, I wouldn't like that for skillshots in general, but maybe just a special rule for one or two in particular. I could see a hard-to-land but powerful skillshot being expensive but only costing mana on successful land. It would encourage aggressive us of it, and would make enemies spend a lot of time dodging, even if it doesn't connect. It could be an interesting mechanic. However, Amumu's bandage is clearly not such an ability. Morgana's Dark Binding could be, if it moved slower.

Anyways, Amumu is awesome. He's like a suicide bomber that explodes multiple times.

m0etastic

08-30-2009

Mana refunds and cooldown costs are just lame. Skill abilities are powerful only because THEY REQUIRE SKILL.
However, I feel that his bandage toss should be given a lot more range, sort of like clockwerk's ult in DotA, or at least like pudge's hook.